• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Report: 'Ratatouille' Served Up on DVD/Blu-ray in November

Home entertainment websites The Man Room and Blu-ray.com are reporting that Disney/Pixar's hit Ratatouille will be released on DVD/Blu-ray some time in November. Buena Vista Home Entertainment has not confirmed the exact release date, but it's expected the critically-acclaimed story of a rat chef will hit stores on November 6th to coincide with the release of the Pixar Short Films Collection on DVD.

Source: The Man Room, Blu-ray.com
    Last edited by disneytim; 08-11-2007 at 10:36 AM.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Report: 'Ratatouille' Served Up on DVD/Blu-ray in November

fabuleux!!!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

That's coincidence, I buy a Blu-ray player (actually a PS3) and within a couple of hours they announce this! Cool! Now when are the others coming (Next summer, to help plug Wall-E?).

Cool. I'll also be able to upgrade my Pixar Shorts Laser Disc with a DVD ( I wonder if it will be the censored version of Knick Knack... The Disney released Laser disc was the original version, included with the Toy Story LD box set)

Quote Originally Posted by sailerm View Post
    Cool. I'll also be able to upgrade my Pixar Shorts Laser Disc with a DVD ( I wonder if it will be the censored version of Knick Knack... The Disney released Laser disc was the original version, included with the Toy Story LD box set)
    What'd they censor?

• FuseMP

Amazing to think it will still be in cinemas here in the UK when it gets released on DVD in the USA
    CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

• One big touch screen.....

Quote Originally Posted by StrongStyle View Post
    Amazing to think it will still be in cinemas here in the UK when it gets released on DVD in the USA
    Tell me about it. SO glad I went to see it while at WDW.

I suppose a UK Christmas DVD release might be asking a bit much?

• FuseMP

Am glad I've got to see it already as well and it looks like its the NTSC DVD on its way to me (no biggie) rather than wait.

Does anyone know the french release date? With the Disneyland Paris park closing some nights at 7 during my visit in Sep, Im wondering if Ill be able to hit an evening performance while there (if they have in english)
    CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StrongStyle View Post
    Does anyone know the french release date?
    Ratatouille is already in French theaters and is breaking records:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73958

What'd they censor?
    here's a link (in French) showing the re-rendering
    http://www.dvdfr.com/news/news.php?id=2701)

Huh... so the (biggest, heh) most obvious change they made was the ladies breast size... interesting...

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Video Business has confirmed that Ratatouille will be released on DVD and Blu-ray on November 6th, coinciding with the DVD/Blu-ray release of The Pixar Short Films Collection and the Blu-ray release of Cars.

This positions Ratatouille between other major holiday home video releases from Disney including The Jungle Book (10/2), Meet the Robinsons (10/23), Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (12/4) and Walt Disney Treasures, Wave 7 (12/11).

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Press release from Buena Vista Home Entertainment:

BURBANK, Calif., August 27, 2007 – From the award-winning team that thrilled audiences with Cars and The Incredibles comes the best-reviewed film of the year! Disney•Pixar’s Ratatouille is an incredible adventure with something for everyone. It is the perfect recipe of comedy, heartfelt storytelling, and breathtaking animation. Experience Paris from the unique perspective of a rat named Remy, who dares to dream the impossible dream of becoming a gourmet chef in a five-star French restaurant. Bubbling over with bonus features, including an original animated short starring Remy and his brother, Emile, deleted scenes, and much more, Ratatouille is a treat you’ll want to enjoy again and again on DVD and Blu-rayHi Def November 6, 2007.

Delicious DVD Bonus Features Include:

Deleted Scenes – With introductions by Ratatouille’s acclaimed screenwriter/director Brad Bird.

“Your Friend the Rat” – Remy and Emile star in an all-new animated short film.

Fine Food and Film: A Conversation with Brad Bird and Thomas Keller – Cuisine and cinema come together in this behind the scenes look at how master chef and restaurateur Thomas Keller brought his real life expertise to the table.

Lifted – In Pixar’s latest short, Oscar® nominated for Best Animated Short Film, a teen alien learns that failure is an option.

More Surprises!

Blu-ray™ Hi Definition Bonus Features:

Includes all the bonus features available on DVD plus:

All-new features only available on Blu-rayHi Def:

o Gusteau’s Gourmet Game: In this inventive new Java based game, the orders are stacking up in Chez Gusteau’s kitchen. You must help Linguini by moving quickly from station to station in the kitchen to prepare the right meal. If the guests are happy, there just might be time for a delicious bowl of ratatouille.
    o Cine-Explore: An innovative, in-movie Java feature allows viewers to customize their own behind the scenes experience, which includes:

• Animation Briefings
    • Documentary Shorts
    • Deleted Shots: R.I.P.
    • Deleted Scenes
    From Academy Award®-winning director Brad Bird (The Incredibles) and the amazing storytellers at Pixar Animation Studios (Finding Nemo, Cars) comes RATATOUILLE, this year’s most original comedy about one of the most unlikely friendship's imaginable.

The film's protagonist is a rat named Remy (Patton Oswalt) who dares to dream the impossible dream of becoming a gourmet chef in a five-star French restaurant. Undeterred by the obvious problem of trying to make it in the world's most rodent-phobic profession, not to mention his family's urgings to be satisfied with the usual trash-heap lifestyle, Remy's fantasies are filled with flambés and sautés. When circumstances literally drop Remy into the Parisian restaurant made famous by his culinary hero, Auguste Gusteau (Brad Garrett), Remy finds the one thing he needs, a friend to believe in him: the restaurant's shy, outcast garbage boy named Linguini (Lou Romano). Remy and Linguini form the most improbable partnership that will turn Paris upside down, leading them both on an incredible journey of comical twists, emotional turns and the most unlikely of triumphs, which they could never have imagined without each other.

Disney•Pixar presents RATATOUILLE, written and directed by Brad Bird, the film is produced by Brad Lewis and executive produced by John Lasseter and Andrew Stanton. Bringing to life a wide-ranging roster of memorable characters is a voice cast that includes popular stand-up comedian Patton Oswalt, Golden Globe® Award winner Brian Dennehy, Emmy® Award winner Brad Garrett, comic star and Emmy® nominee Janeane Garofalo, Academy Award® nominee Ian Holm (1981 Nominee for Best Supporting Actor) and the legendary 8-time Academy Award® nominee Peter O'Toole (1962 Nominee for Best Actor, 2007 Nominee for Best Actor).
    Last edited by disneytim; 08-28-2007 at 05:45 AM.