DRE To Spain? DVC to Hawaii?

Those are the hottest 'rumors' I've been hearing of late ... that Disney's first DRE outside of Asia (one is already planned in Japan) will be in Spain (and likely include hotel/DVC/water park components) and that DVC's first sojourn outside of its comfort zone will be in Hawaii.

Anyone hear/know any more?

• Sock Puppet

Re: DRE To Spain? DVC to Hawaii?

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    Those are the hottest 'rumors' I've been hearing of late ... that Disney's first DRE outside of Asia (one is already planned in Japan) will be in Spain (and likely include hotel/DVC/water park components) and that DVC's first sojourn outside of its comfort zone will be in Hawaii.

It'd be nice if there was a DVC in Hawaii, but I think the DVC at Disneyland will happen first. And maybe the construction at the Contemporary Resort will turn out to be CRV.

• Hiding from the Sheeple

I am hearing the exact same thing from my friends inside of the company with regard to DVC going to Hawaii. I am not really into the timeshare lifestyle, but would consider buying at the Grand Californian or Hawaii when sales start.

I'm not into timeshares at all. Even having spent five days at in a Boardwalk Villa recently ... and having stayed there before and Saratoga Springs and Vero Beach and Hilton Head.

No one will ever convince me of the basic financial premise.
    And I have a cousin who is an 'owner' at OKW and Vero.

Yeah, if I was going to go every year and stay in a villa, which I don't need, and pay rack rate, which I never do, and agree that prices will keep going up, which may happen with rack but I ALWAYS get substanial discounts ... well, if you believe those three things, then DVC becomes somewhat of a value.

For me, though, it isn't.

• Hiding from the Sheeple

I'm not into timeshares at all. Even having spent five days at in a Boardwalk Villa recently ... and having stayed there before and Saratoga Springs and Vero Beach and Hilton Head.

No one will ever convince me of the basic financial premise.
    And I have a cousin who is an 'owner' at OKW and Vero.

Yeah, if I was going to go every year and stay in a villa, which I don't need, and pay rack rate, which I never do, and agree that prices will keep going up, which may happen with rack but I ALWAYS get substanial discounts ... well, if you believe those three things, then DVC becomes somewhat of a value.

For me, though, it isn't.
    Couldn't agree more. We don't like the idea of "prepaying" for vacations and the maintenance fees alone suggest that there are no true savings. My interest in a property at the Grand Californian would simply be to allow family and friends to use the week year after year for our favorite park.

My wife and I routinely cruise on DCL and are always pulled in by the DVC sales staff. The problem is that booking suites with DVC points is a nightmare and you will miss the boat so to speak with many cruises that sell out within hours such as the Panama Canal cruises.

In speaking with numerous friends at WDI and other company facilities, I am convinced that the Magic will be back in Europe in 2009 and may find a permanent home there once DCL's fourth ship is delivered.