• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Time share, nightclub coming to GardenWalk - Orange County Register, 8/18/07

http://www.ocregister.com/news/time-...anaheim-lounge

Families could soon stay at a time share overlooking Disneyland, while conventioneers could sip cucumber and ginger martinis at an upscale nightclub nearby.

The time share and nightclub plans are the latest to settle in to the long-awaited Anaheim GardenWalk mall, now under construction on Katella Avenue in the Disney and Anaheim Convention Center area. The Planning Commission soon will consider finalizing both plans.

The mall's first restaurants are scheduled to open in November, followed by shops in May and hotels in the next few years.
    This article does state the 6 restaurants facing Katella Avenue will open November 15th, and that the main shopping mall area will open in May 2008.

The Timeshare units, scheduled to open in 2009 will be built on the west side, on top of the parking structure, leaving land on the east side for hotels. The plans show areas for three hotels, one on the corner of Clementine and Disney Way, and another on the corner of Clementine and Katella Avenue, with the third hotel in the middle, behind the existing Fire Station.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

Re: Time share, nightclub coming to GardenWalk - Orange County Register, 8/18/07

I'm really looking forward to having something new and nice in Central OC. I'm sick of Newport/Irvine being the center of society! Lets hope that this new area can stay hip & cool.

Re: Time share, nightclub coming to GardenWalk - Orange County Register, 8/18/07

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    http://www.ocregister.com/news/time-...anaheim-lounge

This article does state the 6 restaurants facing Katella Avenue will open November 15th, and that the main shopping mall area will open in May 2008.

The Timeshare units, scheduled to open in 2009 will be built on the west side, on top of the parking structure, leaving land on the east side for hotels. The plans show areas for three hotels, one on the corner of Clementine and Disney Way, and another on the corner of Clementine and Katella Avenue, with the third hotel in the middle, behind the existing Fire Station.
    I can't image how much those Timeshares will cost.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

My guess, about the same as the DVC and World Mark units will cost, World Mark is progressing nicely (east of the AGW on Katella), and the DVC units will be on sale around the same time period as the AGW project.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

say goodbye to Downtown Disney this place is gonna kick its butt, disney better think fast of opening a new theme park if they want people to keep shopping at Downtown Disney