Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Destroyer of Mallcore

Re: HALLOWEEN...from Rob Zombie

I haven't seen and never will but here is from Rotten Tomatoes:
    21% Halloween

and from IMDB:
    nothing yet...but I am sure it wont be pretty.

but people from Yahoo! Movies gave it a B- but not to be mean but those people give anything a good grade.

I'll stick to watching better movies on DVD.

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

• Up is Down

I didnt see it but someone I knew did and they said it was pretty bad.... so thats one person view. I thought the trailer looked good but meh.
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• Happy Memories

I really don't think we can expect to see widespread positive reviews for a film like this. It has a specific audience that is very much not mainstream. So most people will hate it, but those that like it will really like it. I read an online review yesterday that basically didn't care for it as a Halloween film, but as a Rob Zombie film thought it was his best yet.

I'm heading out in a couple hours to see it for myself.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    The first 3??????

Halloween 3:Season of the Witch? The one with the exploding halloween masks??? The first time I watched that movie I thought my head was gonna explode from how lame and cheesy it was.
    But if your talking in the sense of the third one with Michael Myers (Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers) then I fully agree with you-
    Right, I meant the first 3 with Michael Myers ... not counting #3. So the Original, Halloween 2 and Halloween 4. That little girl was hella freaky.

• Banned User

When I found out this was being remade, I had the same reaction I did when I learned that Gus Van Sant was remaking Psycho back in 1998 - "oh, God, why?"

Although I own two White Zombie CDs, I'm so far not a fan of Mr. Zombie's directorial works, and this remake, like the modern remakes of Psycho, Night of the Living Dead and Texas Chainsaw Massacre, is, I feel, an interesting cinematic experiment, but ultimately completely unnecessary.

What's next, a remake of Citizen Kane?

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Right, I meant the first 3 with Michael Myers ... not counting #3. So the Original, Halloween 2 and Halloween 4. That little girl was hella freaky.
    She's back you know. All grown up and playing one of Laurie's friends this time

I rather enjoyed the film this afternoon. From what I've read as far as reviews, I found that i liked it for the very same reasons those reviewers did not like it. It's very gory, overflowing with bad language, and provides way more insight into the backstory and why michael is who he has become. So if any of those are a problem for you, I'd suggest not bothering to see it. If you didn't like any of Zombie's other films, I'd suggest not bothering with this one. It doesn't have as much of the stylized visuals he incorporated into his other works, but the characters are totally his (and many of them, even minor ones, are played by actors he's previously worked with). If you like Zombie's work, then there's a good chance you'll also like this. He's actually improving with each film he makes in my opinion so i look forward to his next original work that isn't hampered by comparisons to a previous version.

• Circle of Ancients

Thanks for the review!!!

So not a movie to take the kids to.

• Happy Memories

yeah, probably not. The little kid laurie babysits was awesome though. He had us cracking up several times.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    So not a movie to take the kids to.
    I couldn't believe parents took their 7-10 year olds to this movie during my screening. I'll never understand.

* I don't think I'm giving away any spoilers, just a heads up*

I thought the movie was okay. Right up my alley. I didn't think it was as gory as I thought it would be. It was more suspense/thriller to me with the occasional blood splatter. We had a bunch of girls screaming in front of us though. At the end of the movie, outside the theater was an ambulence. Not sure what it was for, but thought it was interesting how it came at the end of "Halloween". Heard someone say that the suspense was more scary than the actual attack. Glad I heard it. That was one of Hitchcock's philosophy (sp?) on his films.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Former Epcot CM

H20 was a classic.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Waiting Since 1992

I saw it last night. I don't know wether to love or hate it, but I'm leaning towards hate. I know Rob Zombie is a huge horror fan and promised fans it would be great, but I just kept being disappointed by the reliance on the big F word. Sigh. SOOO annoying. Also, so much nudity that I think they should have rated it harsher than they did. I was sad that the original is seen by many horror fans as something that should be remade into complete and utter filth (where as the original is just suspense, graceful, and great cincematagrophy). Oh well. I promised myself I'd see it because it is my favorite horror film of all time, I was just really disappointed. Most reviews I have seen said that the first part of the movie was great and that Rob Zombie should have continued with a prequel instead of then going on to remake the original in "fast forward" as somebody else had called it. I disagree. I hated the first part. Too much blood and gore. It's like, "OK, we get it, he REALLY likes to make people bleed." LO L.

There were a few things in the movie overall that charmed me like the original, just too much x-rated stuff for my liking. Meh. Just my two cents.
    end rant.

• Happy Memories

Early numbers are saying that the film has set a new box office record for opening on a Labor Day weekend. I would imagine with all the negative reaction, it'll probably drop off fairly quick, but they've already made back their money this weekend according to the figures I've seen.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

is zombie's wife in it?
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Happy Memories

Yes, she plays Michael's mother.

• my two sunshines

Alrighty - I DO NOT like horror movies today anymore - I HATE, no I LOATHE the slasher, torture movies - Hostel, Saw, all that crap - tho I know a lot of you like them - I can't stand them - I think it's because I put myself in these poor stupid peoples place and it's just horrendous....

AND I can't stand Rob Zombies other films - detest them - they are full of terrible language, gore/guts - stories make no sense (but my kids love them so the older teen audience has the market)

BUT......I did go see Halloween - not because of Rob Zombie, but because I really loved the originals, scared me as a kid

I will admit - even with Rob Zombies own take on the story, with the gore he added, the back story of Michael, even with some of the language and sex (and I mean just a bit of this) - it was a great movie and will be a classic in time.

He keeps a lot of the original - he follows a lot of the same story - he added a GREAT back story - I covered my eyes through a few parts - but I did jump at a couple of bumps, things you aren't prepared for -

The ending was CLASSIC Rob Zombie - for those who saw the movie you know what I mean

Things I wasn't thrilled with? Laurie - she was a typical teen but she, well this one grated on me a bit; I didn't need some of the language, it just wasn't necessary - but I guess in today's world...well....

I did like seeing some of the original actors from the first one in this one AND Rob Zombie brought in some actors we haven't seen in a long time which was so great
    I honestly give this one an A

OH and the theatre was packed - some doofus lady brought in her 2 kids about 6 yrs old and a baby - who cried during the whole thing! Some people brought in kids that were 10 and 11 - the movie Halloween is one thing, but to a Rob Zombie movie - um, no......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast