• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Touchstone on Costner's 'Swing Vote' campaign

Touchstone on 'Swing Vote' campaign

By Carolyn Giardina
    The Hollywood Reporter
    Aug 24, 2007

Touchstone Pictures has come on board to co-finance and handle domestic distribution on "Swing Vote," a project from Kevin Costner's Tig Prods. and newly launched Treehouse Films.

Led by Costner, the cast includes Paula Patton, Kelsey Grammer, Dennis Hopper, Nathan Lane, Stanley Tucci, George Lopez, Judge Reinhold, Mare Winningham, Richard Petty and Willie Nelson and introduces Madeline Carroll. The film is in production in Albuquerque, N.M.

Joshua Michael Stern is directing from a script that he penned with Jason Richman. The story follows Bud Johnson (Costner), a working-class single father who is thrust onto the world stage after the presidential election comes down to his single vote.

Costner and Jim Wilson will produce. The film will be executive produced by Treehouse partner Robin Jonas and Radar Pictures in association with G&M Films. International sales are being handled by Kathy Morgan International.

" 'Swing Vote' is a timely and heartfelt story that is sure to touch and entertain moviegoers in the same way that some of the classic films by Frank Capra have done in the past," Disney chairman Dick Cook said. "We have a great working relationship with Kevin and consider him to be part of the Disney family. In addition to being a great filmmaker, he is also a good friend."

Touchstone got involved after Costner shared the script with Cook, who reviewed it with Disney production president Oren Aviv.

"They came back with a very quick answer," Wilson said. "It's a good fit."
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...bace36a952408c

A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

Re: Touchstone on Costner's 'Swing Vote' campaign

I think this is good for Touchstone. They also distributed Costner's "Open Range," which was just a modest success at the box office but is pretty highly regarded and performed very well on home video.
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by Doopey1 View Post
    I think this is good for Touchstone. They also distributed Costner's "Open Range," which was just a modest success at the box office but is pretty highly regarded and performed very well on home video.
    I agree. "Open Range" was a heck of a lot better than some of his prior works **coughs**The Postman, Waterworld**coughs**

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    I agree. "Open Range" was a heck of a lot better than some of his prior works **coughs**The Postman, Waterworld**coughs**

'Open Range' was a terrific film. As were many of his other much lauded films and huge hits such as 'No Way Out', 'The Untouchables', 'Field of Dreams', 'Bull Durham', 'Robin Hood Prince of Thieves', 'The Bodyguard' and the multi-Academy Award winning (including Best Picture and Best Director) 'Dances with Wolves'.
    Kinda outnumbers any little very old jokes.