• done

"The Pixar Story" documentary in Old Pasadena

OK, this is one of those where I don't know if this belongs in this forum or in Entertainment or what. If a mod thinks it should be moved, please do so.

"The Pixar Story" documentary is being shown in Old Pasadena for the week. Here are details.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Re: "The Pixar Story" documentary in Old Pasadena

Ooh. Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely try to make it out to Pasadena for one of the showings this week.

• done

We saw the film tonight, and I highly recommend this documentary to anyone who is interested at all in Pixar and to anyone else who just likes to see a good documentary about the development of a company. It was really well done, and it had the kind of behind-the-scenes information that I really like when discussing the rise (and sometimes pitfalls) of a developing company. Some of the information is simply amazing. At one particular part, they're talking about a particular segment in a particular film, and it's a segment that always makes me cry, though I know I'm not the only one it has that effect on. I thought they were going to just mention it, but they played quite a bit of the segment, and yep, me, in tears. But I also like one of the later interviews in that segment where you discover that some of the actors doing the voices in the movies were also in tears during that segment when they saw the completed film for the first time.

This is not a film that will be at every local theatre, but it will eventually be shown on TV somewhere, and they do plan a DVD release (apparently with lots of extras that they just couldn't fit into the finished film - I can't wait), so eventually, it will be accessible to everyone. Highly recommended.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Re: "The Pixar Story" documentary in Old Pasadena

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    We saw the film tonight, and I highly recommend this documentary to anyone who is interested at all in Pixar and to anyone else who just likes to see a good documentary about the development of a company.
    cstephens, I was at the 7:10pm screening on Sunday evening. Were you there too or did you attend the later show?

Anyway, I have to agree. Highly recommended!!! It's a great documentary and I'll definitely be getting the DVD whenever it's released. However, this documentary was really cool to see on a big screen. A lot of that animation is so beautiful, that a large screen is needed to do it justice.

Again, if you have a chance to get to Pasadena by Thursday, this is well worth the trip.

• done

Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo4 View Post
    cstephens, I was at the 7:10pm screening on Sunday evening. Were you there too or did you attend the later show?
    Yep, we were at that one. If you remember someone asking a question about anything they might have had to take out or had problems with because of politics with Pixar and/or Disney, that was me that asked the question.