Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Disney banning Heavy Metal acts at the Anaheim DtD House of Blues - 9/6/07

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=80237

"In a stunning last-minute move, Walt Disney Properties have pressured promoter Live Nation into canceling MACHINE HEAD's performance tomorrow night at the House of Blues venue in Anaheim (on their Disneyland property). Citing violent imagery, undesirable fans and inflammatory lyrics as the reason, the diversity-impaired corporation began pressuring the promoter on Saturday to cancel all upcoming heavy metal concerts, placing MACHINE HEAD under an internal 'review process' that took 5 days before bothering to convey their alarming decision to the band late yesterday less than 48 hours before their Black Tyranny Tour was to kick off at House of Blues Anaheim on Friday night.

"While the enactment of this new blanket rule applies to all upcoming heavy metal shows at the House Of Blues Anaheim (with some metal bands having been banned from performing on name alone), MACHINE HEAD is the first band to actually have tickets go on sale, and remain on sale for 2 months, before intense pressure and vague threats of liability from the Corporation left the promoter with no choice but to remove the show from the venue.

"As a result, Live Nation's Paul McGuigan did the honorable thing and incredibly, on one days notice, managed to salvage the tour's opening night by moving the first date of The Black Tyranny tour (featuring MACHINE HEAD, ARCH ENEMY, THROWDOWN, and SANCTITY) to The Glass House in Pomona, CA (located at 200 W. Second Street). All existing tickets will be redeemable for entry at The Glass House, and all Will Call pickups will now be available for pickup at the new venue. Any fans unable to make the 70-mile trip to The Glass House as a result of this ridiculous turn of events will be able to have their money refunded in full. Strangely, all other Black Tyranny dates at House Of Blues venues on Disney property will remain unaffected.

"On behalf of all four bands on the bill, MACHINE HEAD wish to extend their gratitude to promoter Paul McGuigan and Live Nation for finding an alternate venue for tomorrow night's show on such short notice."
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Winter in Oceanside...

Re: DIsney banning Heavy Metal acts at the Anaheim DtD House of Blues - 9/6/07

[sarcasm] I'm so disappointed! [/sarcasm]

• Banned User

I didn't think the House of Blues would last there for long without some sort of objection from Disney.

Too bad Disney didn't start this policy before Ted Nugent was able to brandish his personal machine guns and make some really offensive and potentially threatening remarks onstage there last month.
    Last edited by TiaDalmaFan; 09-06-2007 at 08:10 PM. Reason: YouTube link removed - not appropriate for this Forum.

• I'm A

Holy. They should've shut that down. At least it didn't escalate to anything to serious.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I'm not surprised, that place is so dis-organized anyway.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Shablagoo!

BOO! I wonder do they allow gangster rappers to perform there?

• Circle of Ancients

But they let sock wearing Red Hot Chili Peppers IN the parks.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

What about country acts? Talk about your 'undesirable fans'
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

• I'm listening to KDROID

Sounds like yet another reason keeping me from ever seeing a show there.

• Santa Barbara, CA

I'm sure they'll move their show to the Disney Vault store across the street.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Minion

What does diversity-impaired corporation mean?

I think this is fairly stupid, ecspecially since tickets went on sale and it was only two days till the concert. If you don't want a group playing in your venue for whatever reason, don't put tickets for them on sale in the first place. Anyway, Pleasure Island at WDW is far from family friendly, yet they have no problems with that. If you are going to have a part of the resort aimed at adults, why censor?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I went to a Breaking Benjamin show in the beginning of this summer (given ticket) and... I kinda' wished they had this then. It was insane there. Even the Aaron Lewis show... the guys around us wanted to fight, which sucked.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    BOO! I wonder do they allow gangster rappers to perform there?
    Yep. Snoop & Ice Cube have both performed there. Other hip hop acts perform there as well, but they're not all "gangsta" rappers. That genre's actually a bit passe anyway.

My favorite HOB-Anaheim performer is Brother Yusef:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<obje...mbed></object>

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

My favorite HOB act: The Young Dubliners:

Their rendition of Foggy Dew is my favorite Irish trad song of all time:

Fight On! Beat the Huskers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Ahh I almost planned my vacation so it would coincide with this show. I think it's stupid that they would cancel it, especially last minute like that. I heard that the HOB at Disney World canceled a different metal show last month. I don't get why they'd even agree to book the bands only to cancel later.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast