Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• back to WDW in January

Disney Fires HSM Star Vanessa Hudgens

In light of the scandalous nude photograph recently posted on the web, Walt Disney has decided to part ways with Hudgens and, according to reports, have even already replaced her part in 'High School Musical 3.' The decision came just hours after the scandal became public and got to the offices at Disney. Says insiders, "It was an extremely hard decision to do. Vanessa has become apart of the family, but we felt it was irresponsible of her to do what she did."
    Bailon, star of a different ang hugely successful Disney franchise "The Cheetah Girls" will reportedly replace Hudgens in the role of Gabriella, Zac Efron's love interest in the upcoming "High School Musical 3?.
    Both Hudgens and Bailon's reps have refused to comment, as well as the reps for Disney.

Source: http://www.postchronicle.com/news/or...12102325.shtml

• Pathetically Obsessed

Re: Disney Fires HSM Star Vanessa Hudgens

The fallout begins! Feel bad for Vanessa. She's learned a valuable lesson about privacy and the media. Got to be careful at every turn now.
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

• World Traveler

Maybe Vanessa will graduate to College Musicals!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

The article cites US Weekly as the source of the information, but there's nothing on the US website, other than a reader's comment, to confirm it as yet. Likewise the scandal sites PerezHilton and TMZ have nothing newer to report than the authenticity of the photo.

More to come I'm sure.
    Last edited by disneytim; 09-07-2007 at 05:39 AM.

This is shocking if true.

What benefit was it to have Vanessa's reps confirm this? They could have easily said it was fake.

Technically she wasn't fired because she never signed the contract for High School Muscial 3 in the first place.

I personally think there will be a giant backlash from fans if Adrianne Bailon will play Gabriella Montez instead of Vanessa. What if Zac Efron pulls out in support of Vanessa. Then the rest of the cast might not do it as well. Then, no HSM 3.

The strange thing about this report was that so far, none of the High School Musical cast have signed on, so how can she already be "replaced?"

If indeed this is true, I still think Disney would keep her signed to Hollywood Records.

• Pathetically Obsessed

Welcome to MiceChat, Mr. Yeti.

Good points all around. I have not seen nor heard of anyone but the Mouse thinking about HSM3. Zack was reportedly not interested, and rumor was that the plot would shift away from Troy/Gabriella. All total speculation, so let's wait and see what happens.
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

• For You!

I thought it was just a photo of her in a bathing suit?? That the nudity issue was exaggerated a little bit.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredByWalt View Post
    Welcome to MiceChat, Mr. Yeti.

Good points all around. I have not seen nor heard of anyone but the Mouse thinking about HSM3. Zack was reportedly not interested, and rumor was that the plot would shift away from Troy/Gabriella. All total speculation, so let's wait and see what happens.
    Thank you InspiredByWalt. You gave me my first welcome!

I have heard similar rumors about the plot. But the very first movie was about Troy and Gabriella meeting each other and forming a relationship. But then again, they could always surprise us.

I have heard that Zac may have been not interested. But also, there are rumors that he may be paid $3 million for the role, a gigantic difference compared to his $100,000 paycheck for Hairspray. So I wonder if he'll end up doing the film with or without Vanessa for the money.

I think at this point Adrienne Bailon will appear out of place, especially since she has a lot lighter hair color and doesn't really look like Vanessa at all.

I wonder if there will be such a big backlash, that they will end up casting Vanessa anyway.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

There will be a huge backlash if they re-cast. I really could do without a whole movie about Troy and Gabby. I am not the biggest supporter of Troy so... I like Kelsi and Jason. Zac said if the story is good he'll return. As will the rest of the cast, if the story is good. What does that mean though?

Okay I am a total nerd I know.

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

Perez Hilton talked about it on his website but they are saying it's a fake photograph...I hope so! I love her!
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by princedalton View Post
    Perez Hilton talked about it on his website but they are saying it's a fake photograph...I hope so! I love her!
    Hudgen's people confirmed it was her yesterday.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20631297/?gt1=10357

According to a story posted about an hour ago Disney has denied a published report that Hudgens will be dropped from the upcoming feature film "High School Musical 3."

http://sandiego.cox.net/cci/entertai...alidatearticle

AP Entertainment NewsNude Photo Emerges of Squeaky-Clean `High School Musical' Star Vanessa Hudgens 09-07-2007 9:00 AM
    NEW YORK (Associated Press) --
    Vanessa Hudgens' representative has confirmed that a nude photo circulating on the Internet is indeed the 18-year-old star of Disney Channel's wildly popular "High School Musical" movies.
    "This was a photo which was taken privately," said Jill Fritzo, Hudgens' publicist, on Friday. "It is a personal matter and it is unfortunate that this has become public."
    The photo shows the 18-year-old actress standing naked in what appears to be a bathroom, with a red shower curtain behind her.
    The Disney Channel (part of the Walt Disney Co.) denied a published report that Hudgens will be dropped from the upcoming feature film "High School Musical 3." That movie is in development and negotiations with the stars are incomplete.
    Disney had no further comment about the pictures.
    Hudgens portrayed Gabriella, the brainy love interest of Zac Efron's basketball star in the first two "High School Musical" made-for-cable movies. The two are said to be dating in real life.
    "High School Musical 2" attracted more than 17 million viewers for its Disney Channel premiere in August, the most-watched television program of the summer.

• World Traveler

I saw the photo online. It didn't look fake to me. But I also don't think she should be punished for it.

this is so SICK! I cannot tell you how mad and angry about this! What was she thinking? I have a feeling that shes getting a little jealous of Nikki Blonsky (Zac's Co-Star in Hairspray) they are in Australia right now promoting the film! So i believe that she did it because they are getting really close! You can see the chemistry in their interviews and they even kissed a while back on TV!. So, out of jealousy she took some nude photos of herself to show Zac what hes missing, i think Zac is going to be embaressed by this and they will eventually part ways, this will serve as a lesson to her and now, since shes been a naughty girl she's going to be punished. Say bye bye to HSM3

• back to WDW in January

The photos have been confirmed as genuine and are available for anyone with a search engine to find online (one totally nude and others in various stages of undress - Parental Warning anyone?) allowing folks to judge for themselves what tact Disney should take; in the meantime, you can read a bit more of the story at this site http://www.2snaps.tv/9811411 and below from Reuters:

A representative for actress Vanessa Hudgens confirmed on Friday that the image is of the 18-year-old performer. The picture shows her smiling and standing naked directly in front of the camera in what appears to be a bathroom {it's actually a bedroom}.
    "This was a photo which was taken privately," Hudgens' representative said in a statement. "It is a personal matter and it is unfortunate that this has become public."

A Disney representative had no comment about whether the appearance of the photo would affect the company's decision to cast Hudgens in the third film of the "High School Musical" franchise.

Hudgens has starred in "High School Musical" and "High School Musical 2" as Gabriella, the sweet, innocent science geek whose romance with athlete Troy, played by Zac Efron, is chronicled in the two hugely popular made-for-television movies on the squeaky-clean Disney Channel.
    Hudgens and Efron, who actually date in real life, were so chaste on screen that they did not even kiss until the end of the second film, a climactic moment marked by fireworks going off behind them.
    The two movies form the cornerstone of one of Disney's most lucrative franchises for pre-teen girls and a third is planned for release to theaters next year. The second film debuts on Disney Channels in other countries starting this weekend.

Some parents of young fans were outraged by the photo, saying it tarnished Hudgens' image.
    "She's damaged," Renee Rollins-Greenberg, a Los Angeles mother of two, told Reuters. "She's got this teeny-bop audience, young pre-teens and younger, who are admiring her and thinking she's this wonderful, pure innocent person. Eighteen is awfully young for this kind of display."
    "I'm devastated because I have an 8-year-old for which I now have to have an explanation," said another Los Angeles-area mother, Rosie Konkel. "She's always looked at this character as a very smart and proper young lady."
    Last edited by tjcjr; 09-07-2007 at 12:57 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast