Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Disney Denies Hudgens Will Be Dropped From HSM3

Quote Originally Posted by shadylanestudio View Post
    I have an 11 years who adores VH. Now what am I supposed to tell her? It's ok to pose in front of cameras nude - private or not? I sure don't want her pulling a VH using Vanessa's poor example. EVEN in front of her "boyfriend!" Save it for marriage - that's supposed to be Disney like!
    I have an 11 y/o daughter as well, who loves HSM, Zach and Vanessa.

Uhm ... how about NOT show her the picture? It's not like it's being posted everywhere for everybody to see. It takes effort to see things like that.

My daughter has no clue this is going on. If she 'happens' to hear something about it at school then I will just explain to her that it was something 'private' that was supposed to be between her and Zach.

And she'll probably say "okay", and that will be the end of it.

• Directly directed

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post

Uhm ... how about NOT show her the picture? It's not like it's being posted everywhere for everybody to see. It takes effort to see things like that.

My daughter has no clue this is going on. If she 'happens' to hear something about it at school then I will just explain to her that it was something 'private' that was supposed to be between her and Zach.

Yeah, pretty much.

What I want to know is why no one is blaming Zac. If she took the picture for him and she clearly did not leak it, how did it get out?

I'm a little confused as to what I said that would make you think I would show my daughter the picture.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    Yeah, pretty much.

What I want to know is why no one is blaming Zac. If she took the picture for him and she clearly did not leak it, how did it get out?
    Computer repair? Plumber? Electrician?

But yeah, why hasn't he come out and said how it got out.

Again, I still think she needs a new publicist. Doesn't she know that you DENY until there is no other explanation? Come ON Disney, you can hide stuff better than this.

• Shablagoo!

I have been wondering if they (they being Efron and Hudgens) released the picture on purpose as a joke or a dare. Hmm. If that is the case I am a little more irritated at the 2 of them, but still I don't care that much. Let's move on. There is so many more important things out there.

BTW I have heard that Disney representatives are going to be asking for a Chastity Belt clause for all its unmarried stars. From now on if you want to be a Disney star you have to have a chastity belt.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    BTW I have heard that Disney representatives are going to be asking for a Chastity Belt clause for all its unmarried stars. From now on if you want to be a Disney star you have to have a chastity belt.
    Sign my daughter up to be the next star then!!!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I have an 11 years who adores VH. Now what am I supposed to tell her? It's ok to pose in front of cameras nude - private or not? I sure don't want her pulling a VH using Vanessa's poor example. EVEN in front of her "boyfriend!" Save it for marriage - that's supposed to be Disney like!
    Maybe you should explain what human sexuality is to your kid and tell them it's okay; that it's natural.

Telling your kid that what Vanessa did is shameful will do more harm to your kid than good. If your kid looks up to Vanessa, and you tell them what she did was awful and wrong, then they will probably think that their own sexuality and body is something bad, and that's never good for a child's mental development.

Vanessa doesn't have an obligation to Disney to keep her life perfect and "clean" for them. The only time she's under such obligations is when she's on screen in a High School Musical film or on the Disney Channel, and maybe when shes doing an interview to promote it. Otherwise, anything she wants to do is fair game. She's her own person.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Pathetically Obsessed

Mountain range out of a ant hill. Next!
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

• That Guy

Are you serious? This girl is an employee of a company, part-time. It doesn't make her perfect. Are you forgetting the founder had some shady issues in his past?

As for talking to your daughter, why can't you just tell her that sometimes people make mistakes? Like the pres snorting coke, or an athlete taking steroids. Put it in perspective. A young woman took what she felt was a sexy photo and sent it to her BF. The end. If this rocks a child's whole world, then there are bigger problems then VH and her photo.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Wow, I can't believe some of the reaction here. I bet if you look into it, you might even find out YOU WERE BORN NUDE!..YES YOU!

Last edited by PanTheMan; 09-07-2007 at 02:58 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Hillary scares me.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    Are you serious? This girl is an employee of a company, part-time. It doesn't make her perfect. Are you forgetting the founder had some shady issues in his past?

As for talking to your daughter, why can't you just tell her that sometimes people make mistakes? Like the pres snorting coke, or an athlete taking steroids. Put it in perspective. A young woman took what she felt was a sexy photo and sent it to her BF. The end. If this rocks a child's whole world, then there are bigger problems then VH and her photo.

Exactly. If your child's morality is entirely affected by something a manufactured actress does, then there are some serious issues at play. Take some responsibility - Hudgens and Disney are not responsible for your child's rearing or outlook on any issues.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by chrisaaron View Post
    Exactly. If your child's morality is entirely affected by something a manufactured actress does, then there are some serious issues at play. Take some responsibility - Hudgens and Disney are not responsible for your child's rearing or outlook on any issues.

Very well put!

When I hear comments like that from parents, it makes me think that maybe the TV is the babysitter...

• That Guy

On a side note, I don't think this will hurt her at all. If anything, it will give her more opportunities to not be viewed as a kid. I would imagine she will start to get offers for more adult, feature films, like Diehard, etc (no pun intended).

• That Guy

How old is she now, and when the photo was taken? I hope that at least she was a legal adult when the photo was taken, otherwise, this is a whole different problem.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Again, I still think she needs a new publicist. Doesn't she know that you DENY until there is no other explanation? Come ON Disney, you can hide stuff better than this.
    I think it was smarter to admit it right away. Denying it, only to have the truth come out later, implies that Vanessa did something wrong and there was something to . . . ahem . . . cover up. The only regret I heard the publicist express was that the picture was made public, not that it existed.

Zac Efron's and Vanessa Hudgens's silence (so far) coupled with Disney's and the publicist's limited response sends the message that this whole incident isn't that big a deal. It's the rest of us that are making a big deal out of it.

Based on the present information, I'm not expecting Disney to cut Hudgens off from the next High School Musical. Doing so would only cause more embarrassment for all parties concerned.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast