Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Disney Denies Hudgens Will Be Dropped From HSM3

The Disney Channel has denied a report that High School Musical star Vanessa Hudgens will be dropped from the cast of the upcoming High School Musical feature film. This follows the confirmation yesterday by a Hudgens representative that a recent nude photo circulating on the Internet is indeed that of the 18-year old actress.

Hudgens' publicist Jill Fritzo said, "It is a personal matter and it is unfortunate that this has become public."

Disney has made no further comment regarding the photo.

Source: Orange County Register

Re: Disney Denies Hudgens Will Be Dropped From HSM3

I Cannot Believe That She Did This! What A Shame, Is This What We Want As A Role-model For Our Little Girls? And What Do You Think Zac Will Do? Hes In Australia Promoting Hairspray! To Think That She Was All Innocent It Makes Me Sick! Well All I Can Say Is Goodluck To Her And Her Career. We Dont Need Another Britney, And Lindsay Fire-crotch!

• Huh?

Hmm... well, think you're over-reacting a bit. If it indeed happen, it was meant to be kept private for Zack's eyes only, therefore, since we are not on gold forums, I will refrain from what I think Zac would do because of the photo.

I never thought any of them were innocent. There really isn't much innocence these days -- ok, even in the innocent 50s, there wasn't much either. The Disney Channel is just like the 50s. Innocence is a façade.

However, I've yet to see her being like Britney and Lindsay. She's not going out getting drunk and partying all night. She shared something with her boyfriend that was meant to be private. It's not that unusual.
    -Tim

• Fairies and Mermaids!

Well, at least she'll be a part of the 3rd film. Hopefully she's learned some sort of lesson from all of this. May the force be with her... she's gonna need it.

Remember, Dreams come true!... and mermaids are hot, even on Halloween.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Joel View Post
    Well, at least she'll be a part of the 3rd film. Hopefully she's learned some sort of lesson from all of this. May the force be with her... she's gonna need it.
    Actually, Disney is still in negotiations with the HSM cast for the third film, which is due to be released in theaters. It's not definite that Hudgens, or any of the cast members, will be back--although one would assume Disney will try to keep the cast intact.

• Another part of me

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
    Hmm... well, think you're over-reacting a bit. If it indeed happen, it was meant to be kept private for Zack's eyes only, therefore, since we are not on gold forums, I will refrain from what I think Zac would do because of the photo.

I never thought any of them were innocent. There really isn't much innocence these days -- ok, even in the innocent 50s, there wasn't much either. The Disney Channel is just like the 50s. Innocence is a façade.

However, I've yet to see her being like Britney and Lindsay. She's not going out getting drunk and partying all night. She shared something with her boyfriend that was meant to be private. It's not that unusual.

Very good point!

True that innocence is a facade, however it really has no bearing whether this was something "private" There is also no such thing in this day and age. There are countless examples of people, not just celebs, "caught with their pants down" making videos and taking photos intentionally and all for the sole purpose of - well I don't know what the purpose would be - I think the clearer point is that none of us should put ourselves in positions of compromise such as this. We may think a photo of ourselves in the all together is just for my special someone...but your special someone may just be the one sharing you with the world. Is there any word on who leaked this photo? That is what is interesting to me. Other than what the "newies" make of it, I do not see this hurting her in the least. Just think twice next time to avoid a next time.

I hope this is true. I'm really pulling for Vanessa. Hopefully she will return in High School Musical 3.

I did find it a bit strange that none of the cast had signed a contract, yet the rumor claimed they had already replaced her with Adrienne Bailon.

I think that this was just pure fan speculation that was escalated in the chaos of the scandal.

A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

As soon as I first read the rumor that Disney "fired" her (she was never "hired" in the first place) I was suspcious and expected Disney to put out a statement denying any such thing.

This was a personal mistake she made. She's young and hopefully she learned her lesson. It would be different if she had decided to pose for Playboy or even something like Maxim** or had intentionally put pictures out there.

In that situation I could totally see Disney distancing itself from her, but this is a bit different. I think they'll give her the benefit of the doubt and this will blow over. My guess is that most of the younger fans of HSM (and their parents) will likely never know anything about this and the older fans won't care (or will become more interested).

HSM 3 could still fall apart for a number of reasons (salaries, scheduling, etc.), but this won't be one of them.

** Another article online reminded me of when Melissa Joan Hart posed for Maxim when she was still on "Sabrina". Disney was not pleased.
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandFan1997 View Post
    I Cannot Believe That She Did This! What A Shame, Is This What We Want As A Role-model For Our Little Girls? And What Do You Think Zac Will Do? Hes In Australia Promoting Hairspray! To Think That She Was All Innocent It Makes Me Sick! Well All I Can Say Is Goodluck To Her And Her Career. We Dont Need Another Britney, And Lindsay Fire-crotch!
    Whoa! This is completely different than Britney and Lindsay. She did this in the privacy of her own home and most likely hoping that the pics would not get out. Was there a good chance of it? Possibly. I'm willing to bet there's a lot of girls that age that do the same thing but it doesn't get publicized.

Personally I don't think she should be dragged over the coals for this, far from it. She's of legal age and a free person...however these days there is no such thing as privacy anymore for celebrities of any kind. It's sad and it's also sad that people jump to the worst possible conclusion when they see this. So she has a camera and no clothes on...what is the big deal????

Vanessa Hudgens nude - Stupid move VH!

• Circle of Ancients

I think your overracting just a little bit. She wasn't drunk or stoned running through the streets naked. She was taking a picture of herself for her boyfriends eyes ONLY. How it got out is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I think your overracting just a little bit. She wasn't drunk or stoned running through the streets naked. She was taking a picture of herself for her boyfriends eyes ONLY. How it got out is beyond me.
    I have an 11 years who adores VH. Now what am I supposed to tell her? It's ok to pose in front of cameras nude - private or not? I sure don't want her pulling a VH using Vanessa's poor example. EVEN in front of her "boyfriend!" Save it for marriage - that's supposed to be Disney like!

• That Guy

Dude, she didn't crash into a van full of nuns, killing them all. Take it easy.

Also, on a more pressing note, You Do Not Need To Capitalize The First Letter Of Each Word.

Keep it in perspective. This girl sent a pic of herself to her BF. Big F-ing deal.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shadylanestudio View Post
    I have an 11 years who adores VH. Now what am I supposed to tell her? It's ok to pose in front of cameras nude - private or not? I sure don't want her pulling a VH using Vanessa's poor example. EVEN in front of her "boyfriend!" Save it for marriage - that's supposed to be Disney like!
    Well, isnt she 18? Shes an adult and she's free to do whatever she pleases as long as shes not putting anyones life in danger, which shes not.

I say, big deal. If she wants to send her boyfriend a naked picture of herself, more power to her.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast