View Poll Results: What Disney Character has the best Disney Treasures collection?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mickey Mouse

1 25.00%
  • Donald Duck

1 25.00%
  • Goofy

2 50.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Disney Treasures

I am planning on buying one of these disney treasures DVD collections and I wanted to know if anyone could tell me what one would be worth my money.

Here they are:

The Complete Goofy
    Disneyland
    The Complete Pluto
    Behind the scenes at the Walt Disney Studio

can someone please recommend which one of these DVD collections is worth my money?

Thanks

• Minion

Re: Disney Treasures

Personally I enjoyed the Disneyland DVD since it has the original July 17, 1955 opening day broadcast. It is truly vintage and nostalgic to see Disneyland as it appeard 50 years ago. The DVD also has the "Disneyland After Dark" show which features a awesome performance by Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong. All in all, this DVD is very informative and offers viewers like me who weren't born back then, a interesting glimpse of America's favorite park.

If you cannot find the Disneyland DVD since it is long out of print (at least the numbered sets) the next DVD I would recommend is the Walt Disney Studios since it too also offers a glimpse into the Disney legacy. The reluctant dragon truly was magical in showing how, to some degree, the studio sector of the company operates.

Although I enjoyed the Goofy and Pluto DVD's my favorite of the animated shorts DVD's is Donald Duck. Hope this helps

• /sigh

I just got the Complete Goofy and I love it. I remember each episode just like it was yesterday. Great to remember when good cartoons were made. Can't wait to show my kids one day.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Thank you for all of your recommendations.

I decided that I wanted to buy the Disneyland DVD from Amazon since I love watching clips of classic Disneyland. (Even though I heard some bad reviews about it but I would rather watch it myself and then decide if it is worth the money or not.) It was the cheapest DVD too and said to be brand new still. The seller also had a 5.0 rating and he said that it is still in its original plastic wrap but minus the tin case.

I love Goofy cartoons so much but the prices for the DVD's were to much.

I was thinking of the Disney studio DVD but figured if I did not like the Disneyland DVD, I can always buy the Disney Studios DVD from Amazon or Ebay. The same goes for the Pluto DVD's.

Thank you micechatters for helping me make my decision.
    Disney wrassler

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

MSEPforever stated Although "I enjoyed the Goofy and Pluto DVD's my favorite of the animated shorts DVD's is Donald Duck. Hope this helps [/QUOTE]"

MSEP, I agree, I love the Donald DVD's. I already own them and they are worth the money.

Have you see the Chip and Dale episode called "Out if Scale"? I love that short so much. Luckily it is on my disney classics volume 4 DVD. Chip and Dale are so unique.

• Minion

Yes...I very much enjoyed that animated short...also if im not mistaken this december Disney treasures will be releasing another Donald DVD

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Cool.

hey does anyone know if the Disneyland DVD of the Disney Treasures collection contains the episode where the osmonds and kurt russell ride the Haunted Mansion?

• Minion

I dont recall that on the Disneyland DVD

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Does any one know if their are any video clips that contain any of the pictures in Alain Littaye's Mice Age article "A look back" in the Disney Treasures: Disneyland USA DVD set?

Also, does the tin casing come wrapped in plastic or is the DVD case inside of the tin casing wrapped in plastic when you first buy it? Because on Amazon when I ordered the DVD, the seller said the case come wrapped in the official Buena Vista plastic wrapping but does not come with the tin case?

I hope someone can answer my two questions.

Thanks.

• Minion

Disney did sell a 7 disk set of the first Disney Treasures DVD's which did not have the tins...My guess is he just split the set up and is selling each individually. Also some of the photos from the update were from the DVD... I think from the Dateline Disneyland show

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Oh ok. I forgot how they were wrapped vecause all of the ones I bought came in the tin case. Thanks for telling me that though MSEP.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Thank you for all of your recommendations.

I decided that I wanted to buy the Disneyland DVD from Amazon since I love watching clips of classic Disneyland. (Even though I heard some bad reviews about it but I would rather watch it myself and then decide if it is worth the money or not.) It was the cheapest DVD too and said to be brand new still. The seller also had a 5.0 rating and he said that it is still in its original plastic wrap but minus the tin case.

I love Goofy cartoons so much but the prices for the DVD's were to much.

I was thinking of the Disney studio DVD but figured if I did not like the Disneyland DVD, I can always buy the Disney Studios DVD from Amazon or Ebay. The same goes for the Pluto DVD's.

Thank you micechatters for helping me make my decision.
    Disney wrassler

Also, if you don't want to spend that much on the treasure dvds, they just came out w/ the Cartoon Classics dvds. Those are less than $10 each and you can find them at WalMart. There is one for Goofy, Donald, Mickey, Chip n Dale, sports, extreme adventure and another one i can't remember. Check them out! I just bought the extreme adventure one and it has my favorite cartoon on it. I think it's called Mickey's trailor. Sooo cute!!!
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Cinderella Princess, thank you for your suggestion. I have bought the Goofy edition and chip and dale edition too. I am glad I bought the Goofy one because he is my favorite Disney character. Plus, after all, ten Goofy cartoons for cheap is better than none at all. Plus I love the Chip 'n' Dale one because they have one of my top two all time favorite Disney cartoons of all time called "Out of Scale". My other favorite is called "Lonesome Ghosts" and I think the Disneyland DVD has that cartoon in its entirety.

PS, I'm sort of new to the Mice Chatting experience and want to know if someone can tell me how to use someone else's quotes in my posts.

Thanks

• Minion

I am planning on buying one of these disney treasures DVD collections and I wanted to know if anyone could tell me what one would be worth my money.

Here they are:

The Complete Goofy
    Disneyland
    The Complete Pluto
    Behind the scenes at the Walt Disney Studio

can someone please recommend which one of these DVD collections is worth my money?

Thanks
    They're all worth the money to me! Seeing as the company has no interest in showing its legacy or embracing its history, this is your only shot to see so much classic disney in one package. Seriously man, I recommend them all...

• Circle of Ancients

Cool.

hey does anyone know if the Disneyland DVD of the Disney Treasures collection contains the episode where the osmonds and kurt russell ride the Haunted Mansion?
    No. But there is a special, the 10th anniversary one I believe, on the DVD that previews the then upcoming Mansion. You made an excellent decision, I love the Disneyland USA DVD set.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast