Thread: SaveDisney.com

•   
    • Minion

SaveDisney.com

OK, I just got the email with the walt quote... I am assuming that this is automatic... But it does raise a question... what are they going to do with SaveDisney.com?

All it has is stories about Roy and his PanPacific boat race...

Is it operable, or is it not?

It is like a big question mark hanging out in space...
    Check out my other blog:

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Re: SaveDisney.com

The Motley Fool has implied that the website will have to change its name......

Although I think most of us would agree that Disney will always need watchdogs to make sure the shareholders remain informed. I see no reason why Savedisney.com could not continue to serve that purpose.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Rock Star Minion

MiceAge and Jim Hill do a good enough job, and they aren't pinned down with having an insider withholding important stuff, such as how he planned to "Save Disney."
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Yes, but I am talking about focusing only on the shareholders- like organizing them together at the annual meetings, helping them proxy vote, etc. When all is said and done, that is really what savedisney.com was all about. No other website is currently serving that purpose.

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    Yes, but I am talking about focusing only on the shareholders- like organizing them together at the annual meetings, helping them proxy vote, etc. When all is said and done, that is really what savedisney.com was all about. No other website is currently serving that purpose.
    I think part of the back end deal was that it would be barred from being updated... If you look at it now, it is a shadow of what it formerly was...

MiceChat's news service is only as good as the members can make it... And as far as insiders are concerned it is very theme park oriented and not really general oriented, though there are a few of us left around here...

I am going to have to dig for more content on my own now...
    Check out my other blog:

• Rock Star Minion

I'm sorry, but that's not going to effect change and Save Disney. It kicks up some dust, and newswriters like an easy story, but the dust settles and there are other easy stories.
    And crazy fans at a shareholder meeting only confirm said crazyness.
    What did work was Roy and Stanley getting large shareholders (mutual funds, large institutions) to vote against Eisner. That will be harder to do if the stock price increases, since these soulless corporations (and I mean that in the best possible way) care only about the return on their investment and next quarter's earnings estimate.

So, that's all Roy has on the board: "Listen to me and implement some of my ideas, or else I'll let the dogs loose at the shareholders' meeting"? Doesn't seem like enough. If the ideas are good ones, then we can hope that Iger will recognize them and implement them.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Remember that the news group here has no perks at all for doing what we do- its all done in our spare time. Different topics are divided up and some people have more time to post than others. There is no way to stay on top of all the Disney news content out there- it is a huge corporation and they are in the news daily. I get about 50 emails a day I have to sift through to find relevant content to post.

So give us a break- maybe you could ask to join to help bulk up our content

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

•   
    • Minion

Remember that the news group here has no perks at all for doing what we do- its all done in our spare time. Different topics are divided up and some people have more time to post than others. There is no way to stay on top of all the Disney news content out there- it is a huge corporation and they are in the news daily. I get about 50 emails a day I have to sift through to find relevant content to post.

I was planning on doing that by adding some analyst articles to the mix as well...

I am not trying to be critical here... But when someone gets injured in a park; everyone takes notice... When an analyst says he wants a higher dividend; He is greedy and soulless... I don't buy it...

Everyone on Wall Street will tell you, just because a company pulls in a profit doesn't make them a healthy investment... Even for the large companies....
    Check out my other blog:

• I was deleted.

Well said DQ.
    And cellarhound does do a good job of finding articles before we do sometimes. After all news alerts take time to get to us after they are posted online.

•   
    • Minion

We got our answer...

Well, we got our answer...

A Message from Roy E. Disney...
    To all the faithful visitors to our site here at SaveDisney:

First of all, please accept my most sincere thanks for your faith and trust in us, and for sticking with us through thick and thin during this campaign. You have been our biggest help in the tough times, and the good times... and there is no way to say "thank-you" any more sincerely than I do now.

It's been a while since last I wrote to you about how much nicer Disneyland has been looking lately, and as you probably know, a lot has happened in that time... maybe the single most important thing being that we here at SaveDisney have come to an agreement with the new management at the Walt Disney Company regarding our mutual relationship.

Accordingly, on August 7th, we will permanently close down this website... with regrets, of course, but also with the satisfaction that it has served its purpose... to inform and educate all of you about the future of the Disney legacy.

One result, which pleases me personally, and my family (which has endured these months alongside me), and of course Stanley Gold and many others here at Shamrock, is that I have been asked to rejoin the Company, as a Consultant, and as Director Emeritus, and to take part in whatever way I can help as a part of the Company, its art and its business. It is my intent to fully be a part of the Company again, to the best of my ability, and I can never fully describe what a joy it is that I will soon be re-connecting with so many friends - - from my past, from my present, and from my future.

There is so much more that can not be addressed here, but there are plenty of encouraging signs toward the future vision of the Walt Disney Company, visions that we share and have shared through these difficult times.

So for the moment, let me thank each of you and all of you for sharing your emotions and your ideas and your passion for what my Father and Uncle Walt created. Join with us as we enter into this new era, and its promise for a "great big, beautiful tomorrow."

On a purely personal note, I only hope than I can come close to living up to all your hopes and dreams, and maybe even play a part in creating some new dreams!

- Roy E. Disney
    Check out my other blog: