Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1

    • MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information
    Posts
    13,137

    New 'TRON' races on

    New 'TRON' races on
    Kosinski will program Disney sequel

    By Borys Kit
    The Hollywood Reporter
    Sept 11, 2007

    TORONTO -- Commercial director Joseph Kosinski is in final negotiations to develop and direct "Tron," described as "the next chapter" of Disney's 1982 cult classic. Sean Bailey is producing via the Live Planet banner, as is Steven Lisberger, who co-wrote and directed the original film.

    Kosinski, who last month signed on to helm the remake of "Logan's Run" for Warner Bros. Pictures, will oversee the visual development of the project and have input on the script, which is being written by "Lost" scribes Eddie Kitsis and Adam Horowitz. Story details are being kept secret.

    The original, about a computer programr thrust into a computer and forced to fight in games he helped create, is remembered for its sci-fi gladiator-style battles and groundbreaking special effects. It was the first movie to use computer-generated images instead of models and other optical effects in conjunction with live action. The arcade game based on the movie was so popular that it earned more than the movie.

    When making the original, in order to convince the studio to take a chance on a first-time director, Lisberger shot a test reel, financed by the studio, involving the deadly Frisbee battle. In a case of historical synchronicity, sources said one of the things Kosinski will be doing is working on a sequence involving the movie's Light Cycles to work out his vision for the movie. Sources also said visual effects personnel, for many of whom "Tron" was an inspiration to enter the business, already are jockeying for pole position to work on the sequence.
    Full article at:
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...69651706799643

  2. #2

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,364

    Re: New 'TRON' races on

    Suhweet!


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  3. #3

    • MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information
    Posts
    13,137

    Re: New 'TRON' races on

    I hope Jeff Bridges will be it, even a cameo would be fabulous!

  4. #4

    • Koubu Pilot
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mesa, Az
    Posts
    1,498

    Re: New 'TRON' races on

    Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    I hope Jeff Bridges will be it, even a cameo would be fabulous!
    Or Bruce Boxleitner, although, he did reprise the role of Tron for the Xbox/Game Boy Advance games and he voiced Tron in Kingdom Hearts 2.








  5. #5

    • MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    4,617

    Re: New 'TRON' races on

    It's about Damn time.
    -Monorail Man

  6. #6

    • Multi-decade CM
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    272

    Re: New 'TRON' races on

    The thing is Tron was so ground breaking, that Tron II has to be just as ground breaking or it will be considered a disappointment. That means the Studio is going to have to invest a substantial sum in new technology. Always risky.

    Lighthope

    Pearls of Wisdom - That's not a bug--it's an undocumented feature!

    --== TIGERS' QUEST - www.tigersquest.com
    --== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS - www.dwad.net

  7. #7

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,240

    Re: New 'TRON' races on

    Yawn.
    What's next, a remake of The Black Hole?

    Sorry Hollywood, I do not want another remake.
    Can't Hollywood do something ORIGINAL for once?!?!?

    This better be a joke

  8. #8

    • ...TWO BITS!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, USA
    Posts
    3,247

    Re: New 'TRON' races on

    Is this a remake or a sequel?

    I'm hoping for the best.

    Maybe if this new TRON project is successful enough, it will finally have a good representation in Tomorrowland.

    I still think a re-release of the original movie with only the Cyberworld in 3D (not the real world) would be awesome.

    "You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

    "With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

  9. #9

  10. #10

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,240

    Re: New 'TRON' races on

    Yeah, Tron 2.0 did sooo well too...

  11. #11

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,364

    Re: New 'TRON' races on

    Quote Originally Posted by TheManator View Post
    Yawn.
    What's next, a remake of The Black Hole?

    Sorry Hollywood, I do not want another remake.
    Can't Hollywood do something ORIGINAL for once?!?!?

    This better be a joke


    Do not confuse The Blackhole with Tron. Nobody has ever asked for a Blackhole attraction nor is there a fanbase for one.


    I also personally don't want lightcycles on the people mover track.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  12. #12

    • MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information
    Posts
    13,137

    Re: New 'TRON' races on

    Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    Is this a remake or a sequel?
    "Tron," described as "the next chapter" of Disney's 1982 cult classic.
    FYI - Here is the original starting point for this project:
    Mouse uploads 'Tron' redo

    'Warrior' scribes feel '82 sci-fi pic is ripe for redo

    Klugman

    Sternthal

    By Michael Fleming, Cathy Dinkley
    Variety
    January 13, 2005

    Disney has hired screenwriters Brian Klugman and Lee Sternthal to fashion a remake of "Tron," the 1982 film about a computer programmer who gets sucked into the parallel world of a computer program.

    The original pic, written and directed by Steven Lisberger, was considered ahead of its time, from its fixation with computer programming to its cutting-edge rotoscope graphics. Klugman and Sternthal, who just wrote the historical epic "Warrior" for Gavin O'Connor to direct and Icon to produce, feel that the world has caught up with Lisberger's original concept, making it ripe for redo. It will be supervised by Brigham Taylor.

    "It was remembered not only for story, but a visual style that nobody had ever used before," said Klugman, who recalls dumping many quarters into the arcade game spawned by the film. "We are contemporizing it, taking these ideas that were ahead of the curve and applying them to the present, and we feel the film now has a chance to resonate with a young audience."

    Sternthal said the new conceit is that the computer programmer gets trapped in a cyberworld, so that the film can utilize the Internet. "In a lot of ways, ('Tron') was a movie about a man venturing into hell. Our job will be to keep the humanity as he ventures into an unreal world."
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...s=1&query=tron

  13. #13

    • Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    49

    Thumbs up Re: New 'TRON' races on

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
    Hmmm. Just in time for maybe some light cycles to grace the ol' People Mover track at DL?
    Great idea!

    But what if they did a compltely indoor Tron ride as the new E Ticket. The pre show could be guests getting transported into the computer world. Next something really bad happens and everyone needs to board light cycles and go really! really! fast! the end....

    Of course the new ride would be a great tie in/advertisement for the new movie!
    Last edited by spastic; 09-11-2007 at 03:34 PM. Reason: ...

  14. #14

    • Fairies and Mermaids!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Ramon, CA
    Posts
    405

    Re: New 'TRON' races on

    YES!!!! I just watched this the other day with my girlfriend and she was all 'Sure, it was cool looking, but it was kinda slow and boring.' Soooooo, it looks as if I'll have to take her to this new one, hopefully it'll be more action and less computer talk (which is ok, but can get confusing for the uninitiated... like the first time I watched it). I'm sure this is gonna rock!

    Remember, Dreams come true!... and mermaids are hot, even on Halloween.

  15. #15

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,240

    Re: New 'TRON' races on

    Remake

    I ********** Hate Remakes

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    Is this a remake or a sequel?

    Quote:
    "Tron," described as "the next chapter" of Disney's 1982 cult classic.
    FYI - Here is the original starting point for this project:
    Mouse uploads 'Tron' redo

    'Warrior' scribes feel '82 sci-fi pic is ripe for redo

    Klugman

    Sternthal

    By Michael Fleming, Cathy Dinkley
    Variety
    January 13, 2005

    Quote:
    Disney has hired screenwriters Brian Klugman and Lee Sternthal to fashion a remake of "Tron," the 1982 film about a computer programmer who gets sucked into the parallel world of a computer program.

    The original pic, written and directed by Steven Lisberger, was considered ahead of its time, from its fixation with computer programming to its cutting-edge rotoscope graphics. Klugman and Sternthal, who just wrote the historical epic "Warrior" for Gavin O'Connor to direct and Icon to produce, feel that the world has caught up with Lisberger's original concept, making it ripe for redo. It will be supervised by Brigham Taylor.

    "It was remembered not only for story, but a visual style that nobody had ever used before," said Klugman, who recalls dumping many quarters into the arcade game spawned by the film. "We are contemporizing it, taking these ideas that were ahead of the curve and applying them to the present, and we feel the film now has a chance to resonate with a young audience."

    Sternthal said the new conceit is that the computer programmer gets trapped in a cyberworld, so that the film can utilize the Internet. "In a lot of ways, ('Tron') was a movie about a man venturing into hell. Our job will be to keep the humanity as he ventures into an unreal world."
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...s=1&query=tron

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Whatever happened to the Pancake Races?
    By TheGrimGrinner in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-05-2009, 02:44 PM
  2. New 'Tron' races on
    By lazyboy97O in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-11-2007, 08:54 AM
  3. Space Races!!
    By skateprincesariel in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 12-05-2006, 01:10 PM
  4. Election results- what races are you following?
    By dramaqueen in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 11-08-2006, 06:10 PM
  5. Lightcycle races - the game -
    By miwerj in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-24-2006, 05:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •