Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Re: Would you like to see Star Wars with George Lucas?

Those that got tix to "The Shawshank Redemption" presented by Morgan Freeman recently got a bit of bad news. This was posted in the event info page at the Arclight website:
    If you purchased tickets for THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION: Morgan Freeman's shooting schedule has changed and he will not be able to be in Los Angeles on Oct. 3. Therefore, he will not be able to introduce THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION. If you purchased tickets for this movie, contact Sara Kim at 323-856-7728 or [email protected] before Oct. 1.
    Presumably they are offering refunds. Oh well, glad I didn't pick that one!
    --Jonathan

• ...TWO BITS!

Went to the midnight screening of Spider-Man 3 at Archlight Cinerama dome and Tobey Maguire intro the film but didn't say who he was. He was in a jacket and hat and slowly took awhile for everyone to recognize him. It was neat. Hope whoever goes to this event has fun

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

I would love to see Sound of Music with Julie Andrews, or Beauty and the Beast with Angela Lansbury.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I just clicked. All films are sold out.

Personally I would have chosen the Sound of Music. I remember seeing this at the Edwards Cinema at 5 Points in Huntington Beach when I was a kid. (This theatre is now an Old Navy just so you know) It was one of those old HUGE movie theatres. If you ever have an opportunity to see the Sound of Music on the big screen you MUST go! Visually it is one of the greatest movies just to look at on the big screen. Nothing I have seen (save the opening sequence of Star Wars) compares.

But I would have sacrificed and went to see Star Wars. It is a great film and I love it. But I would have done it more for my son than anything else...

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I just clicked. All films are sold out.

Personally I would have chosen the Sound of Music. I remember seeing this at the Edwards Cinema at 5 Points in Huntington Beach when I was a kid. (This theatre is now an Old Navy just so you know) It was one of those old HUGE movie theatres. If you ever have an opportunity to see the Sound of Music on the big screen you MUST go! Visually it is one of the greatest movies just to look at on the big screen. Nothing I have seen (save the opening sequence of Star Wars) compares.

But I would have sacrificed and went to see Star Wars. It is a great film and I love it. But I would have done it more for my son than anything else...
    Oops. Didn't realize the initial post was several days ago.

Oh well... You snooze, you lose. LOL

• Banned User

Personally I would have chosen the Sound of Music. I remember seeing this at the Edwards Cinema at 5 Points in Huntington Beach when I was a kid. (This theatre is now an Old Navy just so you know) It was one of those old HUGE movie theatres.

It opened December 25, 1964. It was Edwards Theaters' second Orange County location; their Costa Mesa theater, at Harbor & Adams, was the first. It had 1000 seats. In the 1980s it was twinned to two auditoriums of less than 500 seats. Its last day of operation was April 9, 1998.

I only recall seeing two movies there, myself - Somewhere in Time and Scavenger Hunt. There were probably other films I saw there but I don't remember which ones.

If you ever have an opportunity to see the Sound of Music on the big screen you MUST go! Visually it is one of the greatest movies just to look at on the big screen. Nothing I have seen (save the opening sequence of Star Wars) compares.
    The Sound of Music should definitely be seen in 70mm, since it was filmed in 65mm. Like the Arclight screening (and a screening at the LA County Museum of Art on 9/29), occasionally the film shows up in a 70mm print at special showings in Los Angeles and other parts of the country. It was shown in June 2006 at the Aero Theater in Santa Monica in 70mm, for instance. That's a great place to see classics.

You'll appreciate this info: http://www.fromscripttodvd.com/sound...th_tribute.htm

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

So this event was pretty cool last night. They had a red carpet set up for the media to interview all the presenters. Which is why the screening ran 40 minutes late, I think they were using the celebs for photo ops as a big group. I ran into Jack Nicholson in the bathroom!

Beauty and the Beast is still great, and Angela Lansbury was a treat.
    --Jonathan

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI View Post
    I ran into Jack Nicholson in the bathroom!
    Now that has to be a memorable event. Did he say anything to you? "Staaand back, buddy, I gotta wash my haaaands..."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12