Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Would you like to see Star Wars with George Lucas?

Or maybe The Sound of Music with Julie Andrews?

Check out this unbelievable AFI event at the Arclight Hollywood on October 3rd!

In one historic night, at the Arclight Hollywood, at 7:00pm... each theater will begin a screening of a Hollywood classic with a Hollywood legend presenting their film in person:

Julie Andrews will present THE SOUND OF MUSIC (1965)

Warren Beatty will present BONNIE AND CLYDE (1967)

Billy Crystal and Rob Reiner will present WHEN HARRY MET SALLY… (1989)

Kirk Douglas will present SPARTACUS (1960)

Clint Eastwood will present UNFORGIVEN (1992)

Morgan Freeman will present THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION (1994)

Tippi Hedren will present THE BIRDS (1963)

Angela Lansbury will present BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (1991)

George Lucas will present STAR WARS - EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE (1977)

Jack Nicholson will present ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST (1975)

Sylvester Stallone will present ROCKY (1976)

The conundrum is each film will start at the same time, on the same night, so if you are attending you have to decide on only ONE film/star to see! Personally, I think I'm going to try for Sound of Music.

Tix go on sale September 19 at the box office and online. My guess is these will sell out rather quickly!! Uh... I dunno, do ya think Star Wars will be full?

More info at the AFI website here: AFI 40th ANNIVERSARY
    --Jonathan

• out & about

Re: Would you like to see Star Wars with George Lucas?

Are you kidding me? This is crazy cool. Too bad I live stupid dumb Orlando. I hate myself right now.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I saw "Hard Day's Night" at the Egyptian with the producer. On it's 40th anniversary. That's my "oh cool.... and he was sitting behind me.

I would love to see Star Wars, Sound of Music, or Beauty and the Beast. But... dude I bet it would be insane to drive and the tickets would be so expensive. Also you know Billy Crystal is a movie talker.

• no flash photography...

What is festive attire?

• Circle of Ancients

Wow, that's pretty impressive. Were going to be down in OC, but I'm with you Jonathan, I'd love to see Julie Andrews presenting the Sound of Music.

• far, far away from DL

I would go see Beauty and the Beast. Ahhh, to see Beauty and the Beast on the big screen again would be wonderful.

• Banned User

Wow. Truly awesome. I wish I could go.

But of course, it'd be terribly difficult to attend Ep IV and not smack Lucas in the back of the head and say, (a la Tony Soprano) "What's the matter with you? See what you used to be capable of? See what you could do? <smack> What the hell happened with five through six, huh? What, do you hate us? Geez!" <smack>

• Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by disneygirl View Post
    I would go see Beauty and the Beast. Ahhh, to see Beauty and the Beast on the big screen again would be wonderful.
    Yeah, that was one I want to see too. BATB is my favorite "new era" Disney animated feature. I saw it during the 10th anniversary release on an IMAX screen.... woW!
    --Jonathan

• far, far away from DL

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI View Post
    Yeah, that was one I want to see too. BATB is my favorite "new era" Disney animated feature. I saw it during the 10th anniversary release on an IMAX screen.... woW!
    I saw it in IMAX too. That was awesome!

• Padawan

WoW, pardon my french but what giant clusterf*#ck last night! The Arclight website had a complete meltdown at midnight. I should have known, they have problems with that website just on a normal Saturday night. They have told me before that they have small servers actually located at the theater that cannot handle a lot of traffic. They are planning an upgrade to an offsite hosting service with a bigger server capacity. I would have thought they'd fix it by now. When it works, the website is great. But when it doesn't it is so infuriating!

I assume they started selling tix at midnight; when I went there shortly afterwards they had the event listed on the top of the home page (which you couldn't even access at first). Then, it was a continual string of error messages... "unable to complete your request", "service unavailable", "please go back and try again", and on and on.

There is a five step process to purchase tickets, the website would get stuck on the fourth--selecting seats from a seating chart-- the worst. I tried for two hours to get the seating chart to come up... and then ONE time when it did I couldn't complete the last step to actually purchase! Argh!

Then, when the traffic died down the dreaded "yellow" showtimes started showing up indicating sold out shows. In the meantime I kept getting error messages even after selecting my seats! I don't know how these people who actually bought tix got through!

The Sound of Music, what I was trying for, sold out rather quickly. At about 2:30am, Bonnie & Clyde, Rocky, The Birds, and Spartacus were the only shows left. I tried for BATB after SOM, but kept getting those error messages!

Then finally, I got through successfully!! But a check with my credit card this morning tells me that THREE of my attempts went through (which I got "error" messages for) and I purchased six tickets!! ($150) So, I'm going to have to go to the Arclight today and have them fix it. It's annoying but at least I know they won't give me any problems--because I've had to do it before. I really wish they would fix that stupid website.

BTW, the only show left with tix available this morning is Spartacus, it's showing in The Dome (it has a much larger capacity than the other screens). There are still a few seats left along the sides and in the back. It will sell out by today though I'm sure.

Well, at least I got tix for Beauty and the Beast!
    --Jonathan

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Hey Doom, what 6 tix did you get? Maybe I'll take one! Depending on which show? PM me!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Hey Doom, what 6 tix did you get? Maybe I'll take one! Depending on which show? PM me!
    Doh, sorry bro I returned them this morning. I ended up with three pairs of tix to the Beauty and the Beast screening. I kinda thought I was getting charged a couple times (even though the "error" message came up instead of confirmation), but I kept trying until I got confirmation just to make sure I had a pair. Then I picked the best seats and returned the rest today. Actually I got lucky and ended up with two very good seats, right next to the usual seats I pick when I go to the Arclight when it's empty! So, overall I can't complain. At least I get to say that I was there.

Oh, also FYI: I found out the reason they seemed sold out so fast, even though the website wasn't working properly-- AFI released sales to their membership yesterday! The guy I talked to at the Arclight today said when they went on sale through their own website last night, there were only like two seat left for Star Wars. Some Arclight member got very lucky!
    --Jonathan

Would you like to eat beans with George Wendt?

(Thank you, Animaniacs....)

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI View Post
    Doh, sorry bro I returned them this morning. I ended up with three pairs of tix to the Beauty and the Beast screening. I kinda thought I was getting charged a couple times (even though the "error" message came up instead of confirmation), but I kept trying until I got confirmation just to make sure I had a pair. Then I picked the best seats and returned the rest today. Actually I got lucky and ended up with two very good seats, right next to the usual seats I pick when I go to the Arclight when it's empty! So, overall I can't complain. At least I get to say that I was there.

Oh, also FYI: I found out the reason they seemed sold out so fast, even though the website wasn't working properly-- AFI released sales to their membership yesterday! The guy I talked to at the Arclight today said when they went on sale through their own website last night, there were only like two seat left for Star Wars. Some Arclight member got very lucky!

Haha well that's cool. Though I doubt you're actually going to be seeing the movie WITH the actor. The're just doing the introduction right?

I actually got my wish earlier this year in watching Star Wars with George Lucas in the row in front of me, hearing all of his chuckles throughout. I can die a happy nerd.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Haha well that's cool. Though I doubt you're actually going to be seeing the movie WITH the actor. The're just doing the introduction right?

I actually got my wish earlier this year in watching Star Wars with George Lucas in the row in front of me, hearing all of his chuckles throughout. I can die a happy nerd.
    Ha, that's cool! I'm actually surprised that he sat through the whole movie again. You're right it probably doesn't happen that much anymore.
    --Jonathan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast