• Donalds younger brother

Thumbs down superman doomsday dvd {spoilers}

I just got done watching it. I had high hopes for this movie. Keyword had. I understand they couldnt do the whole story line from the comic. But I want to state my gripes with this movie. Here superman is getting beat around metorpolis and not one other superhero comes to help him. Now in the comic doomsday takes down almost all the the justice leauge. Here half the city is burinng and supermand is getting pounded to the ground. And where is the justice leauge, where is super girl, kripto, anybody. Then to make mattters worse at his funeral not one hero is there. Maybe they figured sice they couldnt help him why show up to pay his respects. Then there is the return. His robot, hiding in the fortress of solitude witch looks more like the batcave, goes all the way to lex's building and steals his body. Undected mind you.The lex makes a clone evil superman. Well not really evil but with quite an ego. I really would have liked to see the superboy, cyborg but oh well. And i would love and explantion how lex survived. The doomsday fight was also just simply too short. I know, come all and bash me becuase so far all i see is people saying how great this movie is in the reviews. Me I feel ripped of my 15 dollars.
    Last edited by misterp102778; 09-18-2007 at 09:21 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Re: superman doomsday dvd {spoilers}

I felt jipped by the whole "Superman dies!" storyline back when it came out. I remember my brother waiting at the comic book store for that book to come out. Then I read it, it was okay, then he comes back in the 4 variations and I was pissed. Like have the balls to kill him and keep him dead for awhile. It doesn't surprise me that the movie sucked.

• DL Nerd

I too wish the fight was longer and I wasn't too miffed about anybody helping him but I do wish that they would have attended the funeral.

I thought it was a pretty good flick though....
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Fastest Man Alive

I was a bit underwhelmed. I am a huge DCAU Bruce Timm fan, and in my humble opinion the previous two Justice League episodes that featured Doomsday handled him better (although he does look cooler in the new movie I admit).
    The fight wasn't that hot, and they blazed through the Funeral part too quickly.

However, I think the movie's real strong point was the last act where it massively deviated from the 'Reign of the Supermen' storyline. Though I would love to see Cyborg Superman and Mongul destroy Coast City and everyone try and stop them- they did a good job of eluding to this with a 'renegade clone' Superman who took all the elements of the pretenders and rolled them into one. That last fight had story, and was more visually entertaining than the first.
    It was decent, but certainly does not knock out 'Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker' out of the best-animated DCAU cartoon spot.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

I didn't waste my money on any cheap direct to DVD video, which had a large kiosk at the local Wal Mart check out lanes. I went back to the video dept and had the girl go fish out a copy of Smallville Season 6 that was not yet on the display racks. Money better spent.

Quote Originally Posted by sailerm View Post
    I didn't waste my money on any cheap direct to DVD video, which had a large kiosk at the local Wal Mart check out lanes. I went back to the video dept and had the girl go fish out a copy of Smallville Season 6 that was not yet on the display racks. Money better spent.
    Actually it is pretty good for what it is. Next New Frontier.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Goofy

does superman die in this ? Im gonna watch it for free somewhere online.

Quote Originally Posted by rex22 View Post
    does superman die in this ? Im gonna watch it for free somewhere online.
    Yes but I wouldn't watch it for free. Big Brother Eye is watching.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

i love brue timm's work but this movie was very dissapointing!
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY