Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The World's Greatest Heroes come to the silver screen

Yesterday, it was confirmed by Variety that George Miller (Happy Feet, Mad Max) will direct the big budget adaption of "The Justice League of America" or JLA for short. It is exciting news since Superman, Batman, Wonder woman, The Flash, and Aquaman have never met each other in their live action versions.

Here is an article from IGN.com, http://movies.ign.com/articles/821/821695p1.html

Miller Confirmed for JLA
    Singer's Superman sequel takes a backseat to team-up pic.
    by Stax

September 20, 2007 - After months of rumors online, George Miller has been confirmed as the director of Warner Bros.' planned live-action Justice League of America movie, which will go before cameras by early 2008.

Variety reports that JLA, "which is in the initial phases of casting, is a pre-strike priority for the studio, which needs a superhero tentpole in 2009." JLA will not be a motion-capture film as previously reported, but rather an effects heavy live-action film.

JLA has proven to be a complicated process for Warners given its already established Batman and Superman franchises. Variety confirmed that "the next installment in the Superman franchise has taken a backseat to Justice League in part because Warners is so keen on the Justice League script by Kieran and Michele Mulroney."

The JLA roster will reportedly include Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, the Flash and Aquaman. As for casting, Variety's sources informed them that Christian Bale and Brandon Routh probably won't be in the film as Batman and Superman, respectively.

There's still a very distinct possibility, however, that JLA could fall apart in the next few months. As Variety points out, "The project is so complicated -- and casting dependent -- that even those deeply involved in the project are holding their breath until production begins."

Too bad Green Lanturn and Martian Manhunter are not a part of the film.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Shablagoo!

Re: The World's Greatest Heroes come to the silver screen

I hope by the time they get to making it that Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern are in it. MM is my favorite Leaguer. However, I'd advise if they want to see a great Justice League to watch the animated series from TV. It was excellent and will probably be better than the live action version. That has generally been the rule for the Superman and Batman series.

I have heard that they planned to make the Justice League movie, but they were supposedly going to wait until they got the sequels of both Superman and Batman out of the way, as well as movies for other superheroes (i.e. Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, etc...).

Kind of weird that they are coming out with both Batman and Superman sequels in the near future, yet they will quickly recast the parts for the JLA movie. Maybe this time they can find a muscular Superman this time.

But I'm very excited about this film. Can't wait until it comes out.

• Still lost in Neverland

Why can't they just leave well enough alone. Finish the Batman and Superman movies and then do JLA right with all the heroes that are in the current lineup, not just a few. And Christian Bale should be doing Batman. I haven't seen the newest Superman movie yet (I have the DVD but haven't had much time to watch anything lately. And they better get good buff people to play these heroes. Some of the choices that have been made have been more for big name stars rather than people who look the part.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Not to Typecast Tom Welling, but he would be a good choice as Superman.

• Minion

Loved Justice League as a kid in Cartoon form, this could be a really cool flick. Unfortunately, it sounds REALLY complicated to pull off in a great way. Each one of those characters need to feel like stars in their own right, and they are really well known, especially with so many cartoons and live action films or tv shows already covering them individually, so it's going to be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by sailerm View Post

Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

this is freaking awsome if it actually happens? no green lantern or martian manhunter though thats horrrible news.

off topic thought, i herd somewhere that theres gonna be a live action avengers movie
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Circle of Ancients

I'm okay with TJL not including Brandon Routh (didn't care for his adaptation of Superman) but to not have Christian Bale ... stupid move. Not only would it suck, but it would probably discount the other batman movies that are now in production. Did they not see how changing the previous batman movies (in both actor and director) were idiotic?

And how can you have TJL and NOT have GL and MM? Stupid moves all.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

My firend Craig thought she already was Wonder Woman, he's so, so happy!

Jessica Biel in talks for 'Justice'

Actress may take on Wonder Woman role

Biel

By Tatiana Siegel
    Variety
    September 25, 2007

Jessica Biel is in talks to lasso up as Wonder Woman in Warner Bros.' all-star superhero film "Justice League of America."

Potential deal marks the first piece of casting to emerge from the DC Comics-based ensemble project, which is expected to feature Superman, Batman, the Flash and Aquaman in addition to Wonder Woman.

George Miller boarded the bigscreen adaptation last week as helmer.

Biel is filming the indie drama "Powder Blue," which wraps in October, opposite Forest Whitaker. She will then segue to "A Woman of No Importance," based on the play by Oscar Wilde. That leaves room on the actress' schedule for "Wonder Woman," which Warner is fast-tracking as a project before any potential strikes. However, the film's likelihood hinges on the studio's ability to assemble a cast of superheroes in a small window of time. Christian Bale and Brandon Routh -- Warner's reigning Batman and Superman, respectively -- are not expected to join the production.

The studio declined comment, saying that it prefers to announce an entire cast rather than piecemeal deals.

"Justice League," which is penned by Kieran and Michele Mulroney, could help ramp up a Wonder Woman spinoff, which has long been in development at the studio, with Joel Silver producing.

Biel's recent credits include "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry" and "The Illusionist."
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

No offense to anyone but please not Jessica Biel. I watched "Blade: Trinity." That was bad and as a hetrosexual woman she was extremely hot wielding the bow and arrow (I think archery for women is cool as heck, it makes you look all tough girl.), but the whole idea of her as an action hero... I don't see it. Also I fell asleep in "Chuck and Larry" and hated her in the "Illusionist." Right now if they were to make a Wonder Woman or cast her it has to be Colbie Smulders. She's the right age, she's the right look, and she won't make Wonder Woman klutzy. And I don't like the idea of Bale or Routh not being in this. It makes no sense.

Oh! But I did see "Chuck" which had Matthew Bomer, who was Brett Ratner's choice for Superman-when he was attached-kinda' wish Bomer got a chance btw, he's hot. He's really hot. Hotter than Routh, and for me that's saying a lot. Sorry for the babble... Casting Superman basically is "who's dark haired, blue eyed, and hot?" or at least in my eyes.
    Last edited by knittingknerd; 09-25-2007 at 06:39 AM. Reason: i am an idiot

• Banned User

Well that news is a double edged sword. While I'm totally stoked about a Justice League film if Bale and Routh aren't in it then it's sunk before it's even debuted. Having the same superhero portrayed by two different actors at the same time is going to be Super Lame, and all I can see coming out of it are comparisons and "Which is the better Bat/Supe?" debates. Either cast the current names or don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by sailerm View Post
    If it has to go through, Welling is the only person I wouldn't mind seeing in the role. In fact, after so many Smallville years I'd love to see Welling finally don the suit and take to the sky while the full blown John Williams theme blares. That would be cathartic as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    ...No offense to anyone but please not Jessica Biel. I watched "Blade: Trinity." That was bad and as a hetrosexual woman she was extremely hot wielding the blow and arrow ...
    Funny, I don't remember seeing that part. But hey, I'm up for hot chicks wielding blows any day!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Dude...and I proofread that five times.... I am an idiot

I think if they do not decide to go ahead with the Superman sequel before Justice League, then it won't be that much of a problem to replace the actors who play Batman and/or Superman.

Hopefully they will get buffer actors to play these characters.

I'm not sure what to think of Jessica Biel yet. I really haven't seen her in anything, so if she's going to play Wonder Woman, I'll be interested to see how she does.

I wonder how they are going to introduce the newer superheroes in this movie though.

Superman's and Batman's origins have been told time and time again. But are they going to focus on how the other superheroes came to be (i.e. the Flash, Wonder Woman, etc...) or will they focus just on the the current situation of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Yeti View Post
    I think if they do not decide to go ahead with the Superman sequel before Justice League, then it won't be that much of a problem to replace the actors who play Batman and/or Superman.

Hopefully they will get buffer actors to play these characters.

I'm not sure what to think of Jessica Biel yet. I really haven't seen her in anything, so if she's going to play Wonder Woman, I'll be interested to see how she does.

I wonder how they are going to introduce the newer superheroes in this movie though.

Superman's and Batman's origins have been told time and time again. But are they going to focus on how the other superheroes came to be (i.e. the Flash, Wonder Woman, etc...) or will they focus just on the the current situation of the team.
    It is rumored to be a situation with the team dealing with Batman and his Brother Eye Satillete. This is a recent story from the comics. I hope that it not true, I would rather Grant Morrison's opening arc from this JLA series with the White Martians.

P.S. It might be Mo-Cap like Polar Express and Happy Feet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast