• Original Mice-Chatter

Reaver Reaver Come Out & Play

Ready for Friday my friend? SG-1 and Atlantis.....Ben Browder on our TV again. Woot woot!!!

Countdown to a FABULOUS Friday hun, SG and for me, Harry Potter!!

• Reaver of Souls

Re: Reaver Reaver Come Out & Play

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    Ready for Friday my friend? SG-1 and Atlantis.....Ben Browder on our TV again. Woot woot!!!

Countdown to a FABULOUS Friday hun, SG and for me, Harry Potter!!

I am SOOOO ready for this! I'm going to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the same night, and I honestly don't know what I'm more excited about! I watched the "Behind the Shenes" thing on SciFi earlier this week (after a quick ride on Space Mountain!), and now I'm even more psyched! Ben was his usual goofy self, and simply outdoes everyone else! I can wait, can't wait, CAN'T WAIT!!!
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• șoș Tom șoș

Awwwwww Neph you missed my nifty Stargate tribute last week!

I am very very very much siked about both shows---has anyone else seen the new preview for Atlantis? Is it just me or does it look like Teala has been replaced by some roughneck rastafarian warrior dude? Show needs more ladies- not that I was a fan of Teala- it just needs more ladies thats all.

• Reaver of Souls

She's still there, their new guy (a "Wraith Runner" named Ronon Dex, played by Jason Momoa) is simply an addition to a somewhat weak cast. I've never been a huge Teyla fan, and I liked the original acress that played Dr Weir on SG1 more than Tori Higginson, so I'd agree that we need some more decent female figures on the show. I'm excited about the addition of Mitch Pileggi to the cast. He's a strong actor, and will lend a tone of seriousness to the show that it's lacking now.

I love the clip of Ben with what I believe is Excalibur in the new SG1 preview. I'm looking forward to all these changes. I think it's going to take the Stargate franchise in a new direction, and hopefully kick it up a notch! 1 day away now!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Tonight will be my offical induction into SG-1 and Atlantis. Then Potter- so it is going to be a great night!!

• Original Mice-Chatter

well- opinions? I am watching it right now. Claudia was fabulous "Yeah! Let's make babies!"

• Reaver of Souls

Great episode, with some hilarious moments "Point a finger!". I only had two issues with it.
    1- I feel they were trying way too hard to make us sympathetic towards Mitchell. OK, so this is his introduction, and they want to spend some time on him. Great. but he's a strong enough character and actor to pull it off without starting him off as the great underdog pulling the team together. The idea is good, the execution was just a bit forced.
    2 - Terrible ending. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE cliffhangers, but this wasn't a cliffhanger. It was more like it was made as a 2 hour episode, and they had to cut it in half to run it as two one hour episodes. It's like they just stopped. Not very well done. Take Farscape for example. GREAT cliffhangers. Absolutely awesome, edge-of-your-seat, wanting more cliffhangers. This episode of SG1 was more hike "huh?"

Otherwise, I loved it. Ben is going to be fantastic. Some of just his facial expressions this episode had me rolling. He and Claudia already have good chemestry, so they'll play off of each other well.

Atlantis was much better this episode as well. As predicted, Mitch is adding a lot of credibility to the series for me. A serious, not goofy, tough military type is something this show has been lacking. I think he'll be the new spine of the show. Everything looks promising so far!