Hersheypark in Hershey, PA announces their new coaster for the 2008 season.
Fahrenheit, their 11th coaster will open at Hersheypark in May of 2008. Located adjacent to The Boardwalk this new Vertical Lift inverted loop coaster will assend 121 feet before plummeting down a 97 degree vertical drop - the deepest in the US.
Capacity and Ride Time:
- Ride Supplier - Intaride LLC, USA
- Model - Vertical Lift inverted coaster
- Structure - Steel Track
- Elements (as they occur)
- 90 degree ascent (121 feet)
- 97 degree negative drop (the DEEPEST in the US)
- Inverted loop (107 feet)
- Inverted Corkscrew roll, Cobra element, Airborne Inverted S Roll, Inverted Corkscrew roll, Airtime Hill, High Speed/Banked Curve, Airtime Hill, High Speed/Banked Curve.
- Maximum speed - 58mph
- Track Length - 2,700 feet
- Restraint System - Over the Shoulder Restraint, Padded head restraint, interlocking safety belts
- Color Scheme - Cobalt Blue columns and orange track, Silver Trains, Cobalt Blue Seats with Orange harnesses
See more at Hersheypa.com.
- Number of trains - 3 (featuring stadium seating)
- Capacity per train - 12 riders
- Approx ride time - 85 seconds
- Theoretical Capacity - 850 riders per hour