Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: 'Transformers 2' 6-26-09

I was cruising another message board and someone added their thoughts that quite literally mirrored my own (with the exception of the bit about soundwave). I already wrote mine in other threads, so instead i'll just copy and paste his words:

I liked the first movie more.

This had good parts in it, but overall- it's a bad film. Just too many problems. I went in looking for mindless action, turn my brain off- but I wasn't even satisfied with that- I mean the final fight was mostly nondescript decepticons fighting humans. and by that I mean mostly humans running while stuff exploded and happened around them. . . actually that doesn't sound too boring now that I type it out. . . . but it was.

The robots were barely in it. Why couldn't we have a tad bit of Iron hide or Rachet? Instead the only two talking robots we have for most of th film are mudflap and Skids. While I wouldn't mind them so much in small doses- was REALLY hoping devastator was going to eat them, and felt genuine disappointment when he didn't. All the new robots we spend time with (mudflap, skids, Jetfire, and Wheelie) are goofy looking and provide comic relief. Damn it. Why couldn't Spike Sam hang out with Sideswipe and Arcee instead?

And I don't really give a crap that Frank Welker voiced Soundwave. Like half the reason Soundwave is cool at all is because of his immensely digitized voice, but in this he didn't sound too different from most Decepticons.

At points they would nod to the first film by doing things like showing frenzies severed head, almost as if to say "Check it out! Continuity!" but the continuity in this was atrocious.

Blackout was clearly killed in the first film, but here he is getting his face ripped in two by Optimus. They say at the end of the first movie that the pressure of the ocean will crush and destroy Megatrons remains, but the sea level didn't seem too bad in this, because I guess they wrote themselves into a hole. Then there's that robot they tore apart to rebuild Megatron, who is fine afterwards. And theres the fact that an all spark fragment can revive Megatron, but apparently Sam can't use his to revive Prime.
    And since that one shard could create so many transformers in his kitchen, isn't it still useful to them for helping the planet? (and why does it always create Decepticons? Really?)

I'm a bit confused, they said that Sam has the Allspark power now right? And did they use the Cube for the same thing they used the star energy? If so, why did they need to destroy stars at all when they had the cube?

There was no classic Theme song.

The transformers seemed capable of doing any damned thing they want in this. It seemed like whenever the writers needed to solve a problem they just wrote it into the robots abilities.

Tiny nanobots that form together into a flat man-szed chicken bot? They can disguise as humans? With these abilities why bother turning into cars and ^$@*, this is way better for being undercover and gathering information-which is the main point.
    They can teleport? Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the cartoon didn't they at least use a giant machine for the space bridge? And why does he have that power?

There's a lot of problems with this film, and I agree with most of the posts in this thread, which I just read entirely.

That said, I didn't hate it. I'll probably buy it eventually. It had some damned good fights in there, which is what I went for. It almost balances out. . . but not really. The first movie I felt had a more good to outweigh the !#%&, but whatever. Good enough I guess. . . .

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Storyteller

I enjoyed the first Transformers for what it was, and went into this one with the same expectations. It was pretty much exactly what I anticipated; it's not really a good movie, but it delivered where it was supposed to and I enjoyed the experience. I don't understand why critics loathe it to such an extent; far worse movies have received even moderate praise.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'Transformers' hits $300 million

Michael Bay film's worldwide gross tops $600 mil

'Transformers' hits $300 million
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• mountains beyond mtns.

I came across this gem of an alternate title on another board - "American Pie: Transformers"

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    I came across this gem of an alternate title on another board - "American Pie: Transformers"
    I don't get it.

Is it like... National Lampoon's Transformers?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Was there supposed to be a link provided here?

its just to easy. why even bother right?

still let me just say, 2 black stereotype robots and one large pair of robo-testies wreaked this flick for me.

it tried to be too many things to too many people. it left ya with a really weird conglomerations of forced swear words, forced sexual situations, and trying too hard over the top action scenes all accented with the sense of humor of a 13 year old boy.

• MiceChat Moderator

Review from coworker's 8 year old boy:

The robots swear a lot. I don't remember them using the B-word so much in the first movie. (i reminded him that Jazz did).

Michael Bay: destroying the innocence of youth world-wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Review from coworker's 8 year old boy:

The robots swear a lot. I don't remember them using the B-word so much in the first movie. (i reminded him that Jazz did).

Michael Bay: destroying the innocence of youth world-wide.
    Seriously huh?

It felt like they stuffed all the swears in there in a half hearted effort to appeal to a jaded teen to twenty audience. But then dangle the robot balls to keep the six year old laughing.
    Last edited by aduecey; 07-09-2009 at 02:09 PM.

• Minion

All I can say is.......

Michael Bay is an idiot!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by AidensDaddy View Post
    All I can say is.......

Michael Bay is an idiot!
    A VERY rich idiot.

• Animation Domination

Bring on Transformers 3 which will be stupider.
    Thanks Michael Bay.
    "You are watching FOX"

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

My only question is this...

Who found it necessary to include hardcore doggy-style action in the film?

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by aduecey View Post
    its just to easy. why even bother right?

it tried to be too many things to too many people. it left ya with a really weird conglomerations of forced swear words, forced sexual situations, and trying too hard over the top action scenes all accented with the sense of humor of a 13 year old boy.
    In other words, American Pie : Transformers.

Now do you guys/girls get it?

• Cars Land Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by aduecey View Post
    It felt like they stuffed all the swears in there in a half hearted effort to appeal to a jaded teen to twenty audience. But then dangle the robot balls to keep the six year old laughing.
    My brother saw the film before I did, and had already said he would not take his kids, my niece and nephew to see it. I just saw it last week, and can't say I liked it at all. I thought the first film was so much better.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 LastLast