Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Re: 'Transformers 2' 6-26-09

I also hope that the focus goes more on the Transformers themselves in the next one. There obviously has to be a human element, but now that the first movie set all of that up, they can get more to the interaction between Decepticons and Autobots.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Happy New Year

12/31/2007 06:38 PM

I want to thank Nelson for running such a good site!

For the millions of viewers that logged on this year I want to thank you for the support. Transformers 2 will be coming soon. The new robots are really really unique and there are a lot of them this time.

I WANT EVERYONE TO HAVE A GREAT HAPPY HEALTHY NEW YEAR.

Your friend,

Michael
    http://www.michaelbay.com/blog/files...48f2a-186.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• BATTLE COMBINER!

I hope the humans go bye bye.

Please be on cybertron.

• Making my own Mousekteers

Well, I love Transformers because... well, it was part of my childhood. I really could have done without the people so I'd definately love more focus on the Transformers. I didn't realize that was the original Opitmus Prime, I thought it was just a really impressive imitator.

You can't take these movies seriously though. You just have to go into with the attitude that this is mental chewing gum that tastes yummy and has great special effects.

• Circle of Ancients

I want a Voltron movie!!!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I want a Voltron movie!!!
    Happy New Year!

'Voltron' gets bigscreen go

Mark Gordon sets up robot film at New Regency

By Marc Graser
    Variety
    August 9. 2007

New Regency is looking to assemble its own giant robot movie.

The 20th Century-Fox-based production entity is close to a deal with the Mark Gordon Co. to adapt "Voltron: Defender of the Universe" into a live-action film.

Gordon has been developing the pic, based on the popular 1980s Japanese animated TV series, comicbooks and toy line, with Justin Markspenning the script.

Should the deal close, project would be one of the company's more high-profile efforts since Robert Harper took over as chairman-CEO of Regency Filmed Entertainment earlier this year.

Interest in the property hit a high after "Transformers" turned into a box office juggernaut, raking in nearly $300 million to date.

Marks' take is described as a post-apocalyptic tale set in New York City and Mexico. Five ragtag survivors of an alien attack band together and end up piloting the five lion-shaped robots that combine and form the massive sword-wielding Voltron that helps battle Earth's invaders.
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...&query=voltron
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• BATTLE COMBINER!

How u do dat

Lol.

Anyways, there needs to be more depth. Characters need to be seen. The only developed ones were the very ones in the cartoon that never developed, the humans.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by Inanimate View Post
    Anyways, there needs to be more depth. Characters need to be seen. The only developed ones were the very ones in the cartoon that never developed, the humans.
    The film made over $700 million worldwide so you'll probably see the same amount of human depth development in the sequel. Humans were/are necessary so you can relate to them in amidst the stunts/CGI action, and the films and merchandising can be marketed and aimed at.

and

Dear Michael,

Leave the Playboy Mansion now and get busy on that script!

Thanks & Happy New Year to you too!

HOORAY!! Voltron and Transformers movies.. I swoon with happiness. I was one of the people that actually liked the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie that just came out. I was a big Thundercats fan too. I don't think there is anything in the works for that though. I wanted to be Cheetarah.

I really don't think the characters need anymore depth. I've noticed that is where a lot of these cartoon/comic books/ gamebased movies get into trouble. I didn't watch the chipmunks because it was the heart wrenching story of a man with three boys.. I watched it because it was funny and cute. I personally believe that was part of the success of Transformers. It was on the same level as the cartoon but had new awesome effects. Maybe that's just me.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Director Michael Bay said he was cautiously optimistic, but that he has been preparing to get a "Transformers" sequel into production, strike or no strike.

"We knew from early on that the writers strike could get ugly, and this has got to bring a little sanity to the situation," Bay said. "I can't do the movie without my writers, but I have been prepping. I'm not in the guild, but I've been writing every day. This strike (is) insane, and a director's responsibility is to the 50 crew members who depend on you for their livelihoods. We've got battle plans ready for the possibility of an actors strike. Somehow, you've got to keep the ball rolling."
    http://www.variety.com/VR1117979259.html

Um.... unless he's just going to be working on the CGI while the actors are on strike, what is he going to do. He does realize that voice actors count as members of SAG and will be striking as well, doesn't he??? I don't think Shia Lebouf would cross a picket line. It would be decidedly unhealthy for his career.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

He and his team are probably occupying their time with storyboarding, playing with animatics and revisiting design and action set pieces not used in the first film. He says he's writing so they'll have that keep 'em busy. With the first film such a huge hit and established a new franchise for the studio he'll get whatever he wants this time around, especially since the expectations will be so much bigger.

True that, I liked the first movie but they always seem to try to go farther in the sequels. I just hope they don't overcompensate. ::fingers crossed::

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Michael Bay Has Written Transformers 2

Source: Rotten Tomatoes, IESB
    February 12, 2008

Transformers 2 director Michael Bay told Rotten Tomatoes at the Visual Effects Society awards that he's already written the sequel and will pass on his script to the screenwriters, who are coming off of the strike:

"I've been writing Transformers 2," said Bay. "We've got our characters all designed. I always write all my scripts, my movies anyway so at least I've got something to give the writers. It's like a template. We have a really good outline so I worked on that." It might be a tad unorthodox, but Bay has high pressure demands. "We had to because I want to make my date. I'm not going to let the strike take me down."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=41878

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Walking the red carpet at the VES Awards, Michael Bay took a moment to stop at chat with IESB about the Transformers sequel.

"[It's] coming ****ty right now and I don't know what I'm going to do," he said with a very serious look, "I might scrap the project."

And then a grin stretched across his face. I've gotta admit, he had me going for a second.

Bay went on to talk about the sequel and give some little hints of what we can expect on-screen next summer. Sadly, that's not going to include dinobots.
    http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option...4291&Itemid=99

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast