Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: 'Transformers 2' 6-26-09

'Transformers 2' principal photography begins today

06/02/2008 06:57 AM
    Nelson here.

Shooting begins today in Bethlehem, Pa. Good luck to Michael and the crew!
    http://www.michaelbay.com/newsblog/blog.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Issue date: 5/29/08
    Transformers to film at Penn in June

Sequel to popular movie will include scenes filmed on campus

By Pete Lodato
    The Daily Pennsylvanian

Media Credit: Caroline New/DP File Photo
    A view of the Quad, one of the places on campus where a scene of the highly-anticipated movie,
    "Transformers 2," will be filmed.

With temperatures on the rise, the public has begun to swarm local movie theaters - but for some, the onset of the summer movie season means the hard work has just started as filming crews get to work on next summer's blockbusters.

This June, Penn is slated to become one of the filming locations for the highly anticipated DreamWorks feature film, "Transformers 2."

The sequel to last year's special-effects juggernaut will feature "Indiana Jones" star Shia LaBeouf and will be helmed by returning director Michael Bay.

The movie follows Sam Witwicky - played by LaBeouf - as he is caught in the middle of a warring race of transforming robots from the recesses of space.

University spokeswoman Lori Doyle explained that filming would tentatively begin around June 12 with scenes using the exterior of the Quad.

According to Doyle, the extensive project is expected to involve about 200 people, 25 tractor-trailer trucks and cranes.

"They have their own landscaping people, they bring in their own catering, it's a huge operation," she said.

In addition, scenes will be shot at Psi Upsilon Tau fraternity house, better known as "The Castle," and possibly on Locust Walk and Spruce Street, Doyle said.

Director Michael Bay was Undergraduate Senior Vice-President of Wesleyan University's Psi Upsilon chapter during his time in college.

Penn's Office of University Communications was unable to divulge specific plot elements as the result of a non-disclosure agreement signed with DreamWorks Pictures.

Tryouts for extras will take place this weekend in South Philadelphia.

Heery Casting, run by founder and director Diane Heery, will host an open casting call on Saturday in the Bullies bar at the Wachovia Spectrum, looking for background talent to be used in the highly-anticipated film.

According to the casting agency's website, casting professionals will be seeing members of the Screen Actors Guild as well as non-union men and women ages 18-70 - particularly college-age men and women - for scenes to be shot next month in Philadelphia and Princeton, N.J.

For Penn students, the filming will be a charged source of pride and enthusiasm.

Wharton sophomore Dennis Ho expressed his excitement surrounding the campus filming.

"I'm excited to hear they'll be around," he said. "I just saw Shia LaBeouf in 'Indiana Jones' and he's a really cool guy. I probably won't get to meet him though. I hope I get to see them blow up a building."

*This article was edited at 1:35 am on Sunday June 1, 2008 to correct the incorrect spelling of the Psi Upsilon Tau fraternity.
    http://media.www.dailypennsylvanian....-3376785.shtml
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

'Transformers' headed to Blu-ray

Michael Bay gets his way after waiting almost a year

By Thomas K. Arnold
    The Hollywood Reporter
    June 2, 2008, 09:00 AM

"Transformers"

Michael Bay feels vindicated.

Paramount Home Entertainment is releasing his boxoffice hit "Transformers" on Blu-ray Disc, nearly a year after the studio's decision to issue the film in the rival HD DVD format triggered a tirade from the director.

"I've been waiting for 'Transformers' to be released on Blu-ray for a long time, and it was worth the wait," Bay said. He called the Sept. 2 release of the two-disc set "the complete high-definition package for fans."

"It looks stunning and really allows you to engage with this movie in new ways," Bay added. "Remember, I told everyone Blu-ray was best."

He sure did. In August, when Paramount stunned the industry by announcing it was dropping its support for Blu-ray Disc and would release films only in HD DVD, "Transformers" was the flashpoint of the controversy. It was the biggest title Paramount/DreamWorks had in store for the fourth quarter, and a Blu-ray Disc edition had already been mastered and prepped for release.

On his Web site, Bay blasted Paramount's decision to go HD DVD-only and threatened to take his sequel elsewhere.

"I want people to see my movies in the best formats possible," he wrote. "For Paramount to deny people who have Blu-ray sucks! They are progressive by having two formats. No 'Transformers 2' for me."

Bay backtracked, writing the next day that he "overreacted" and "might be back on" for the sequel. As it turns out, HD DVD was soon to be doomed when principal developer Toshiba threw in the towel Feb. 19.

The Blu-ray edition of "Transformers" that Par is preparing will include extensive extras and special features, including a commentary from Bay and two docus about the film's human and robotic stars. Segments include exec producer Steven Spielberg discussing his love for the franchise and a detailed look at the casting process and real-world weapons provided by the military.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...ca43edb4a3214c

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Matthew Marsden joins 'Transformers 2' cast

He’s a fast-rising British actor most recently seen in action-heavy flicks like “Rambo” and “Resident Evil: Extinction.” Now, 34-year-old Matthew Marsden may have finally landed the high-profile film that could transform him into a star.

MTV News has learned that Matthew Marsden is the newest addition to the cast of “Transformers 2.” He joins a high-powered cast returning for the sequel to last year’s blockbuster, including Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel and Tyrese. Marsden hooks up with Michael Bay’s super-franchise for the sequel much like Rainn Wilson, whose casting was revealed last week by MTV.

Marsden has been cast in the role of “Graham,” a character who is part of the British Special Forces. Although the film’s plot is being kept under the tightest veils of secrecy, it is known that the flick will depict an even more worldly battle than the first “Transformers” film, and will shoot all over the globe. In the sequel, Graham teams with Duhamel and Tyrese’s military characters, joining their efforts as they do battle with the evil Decepticons.

The casting of Graham, and the presence of the British Special Forces, would seem to indicate that Bay might do some filming in the U.K. Cameras are scheduled to begin rolling on the fast-forming flick in a matter of weeks.
    MTV News has also learned that director Michael Bay was so impressed while meeting with Marsden that he has considerably beefed up the role of Graham from the original script, to accommodate the actor. Once again executive produced by Steven Spielberg, “Transformers 2” will be released on June 26, 2009.
    http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/06/02...ormers-2-cast/

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

• Golden State of Mind

anyone else hear about the rumored title? Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen?
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post

I think it was TRANSFORMERS: STARSCREAM IS THE NEW DECEPTICON LEADER

Or... maybe I'm thinking too much about the 80s cartoon. tee hee!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Maybe it should've been:

Transformers 2: Shia ain't Nukin' the Fridge in this One!

(sorry, I couldn't resist.)

• Sock Puppet

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Shia LaBeouf Recovering from 'Extensive Hand Surgery'

Originally posted Sunday July 27, 2008 07:40 PM EDT
    PEOPLE

Shia LaBeouf
    Photo by: Desiree Navarro / CelebrityPhoto

Shia LaBeouf, who was arrested for drunk driving Sunday after being involved in a car accident in Hollywood, is recovering from surgery, his rep said in a statement.

"Attorneys for Mr. LaBeouf confirm that an automobile accident involving an additional party occurred early morning in Los Angeles on July 27, 2008," said Melissa Kates in the statement issued Sunday evening. "Shia is currently recovering from extensive hand surgery with plans to return to work on the set of Transformers 2 within one month. No further comment will be issued at this time. "
    http://www.people.com/people/article...215219,00.html

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Shia LaBeouf's Mystery Passenger was
    Transformers 2 Costar Isabel Lucas

Originally posted Tuesday July 29, 2008 11:55 AM EDT
    PEOPLE

Shia LaBeouf and Isabel Lucas
    Photo by: Evans Ward / JPI; Stephen Shugerman / Getty
    As Shia LaBeouf continues to recover from his weekend car accident and DUI arrest in Hollywood, his mystery passenger has been identified as Transformers 2 costar Isabel Lucas.

The Australian actress, 23, was at LaBeouf's side at the time of the car crash, the New York Daily News first reported on Tuesday.

Lucas, who was treated for minor bumps and bruises at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and released, is "friends" with LaBeouf, a movie source told the Daily News, adding that Lucas was well enough to return to the Transformers set on Monday.

The 22-year-old actor's mom, Shayna LaBeouf told E! News that her son is doing well, despite his injuries from the car-flipping crash in the early hours of Sunday morning. "I'm at the hospital right now, he's doing fine," Shayna said.

The actor is recovering from hand surgery that will keep him from filming Transformers 2 for a month.

According to reports, Lucas has been dating Entourage star Adrian Grenier for several months.
    http://www.people.com/people/article...215503,00.html

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

'Transformers' director Michael Bay defends Shia LaBeouf

BY AMY EISINGER
    DAILY NEWS FEATURES WRITER
    Friday, August 1st 2008, 11:03 AM

Banks/WireImage
    Director Michael Bay and Shia LaBeouf on location for 'Transformers 2' in Princeton, NJ, in June.

Director Michael Bay has rushed to the defense of his darling actor, Shia LaBeouf.

The "Transformers" star, who was arrested early last Sunday for a DUI after crashing his truck, was not intoxicated, Bay insists in an "Access Hollywood" interview.

"He was not drunk," the blockbuster director said. "He was drinking hours and hours before."

However, Bay, who made box office hits like "Armaggedon" and "Bad Boys," admitted he'd had a talk with LaBeouf shortly before the accident about safety on the road.

"We had a little heart to heart the week before when he bought a brand new motorcycle," Bay recalled. "I [said], 'Dude! You cannot ride that motorcycle! If you crash, you put 1,500 people out of work.' He said, 'Ok, I won't ride it, I won't ride it. I'll just drive my truck’."

So much for staying safe. LaBeouf, 22, underwent extensive hand surgery after the accident, though his passenger, "Transformers" co-star Isabel Lucas, was not seriously injured.

Despite this, Bay seemed optimistic about the actor's return to the set. "[Shia's] two fingers are pretty mashed, but we're figuring out a way to shoot around it, kind of write it in the story," Bay said.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/20...ay_defend.html

• Making my own Mousekteers

I just want to be clear, I am not a shia lebouf fan. Serves him right if he was drinking and driving to get nailed and I like the robots in this movie way more than I like him. That being said:

K, so a few details about this story that the press haven't covered... it wasn't Shia's fault. The other driver ran a red light and hit him. They performed a drug/alcohol test on Shia but the results haven't been discovered. I'm going to laugh myself sick if the tox screen comes back negative and Shia sues the papers for slander

I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

What did they do, a field sobriety test? I probably shouldn't have, but I assumed he'd been breathalyzed.

I'm also not a fan of the fact that the media is glossing over the fact that it WASN'T his fault.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast