• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Question about those Princess Enchanted Tale

Isn't the one that came out the last one?
    Or are they continuing these stupid things.

I'm bias and didn't/ never plan to watch them so I'm not trying to start a fight about how good/bad they are.
    I just thought that because of the death of DtV Sequals this was dead too. There's a trailer for new ones on the DVD

• Senior Minion

Re: Question about those Princess Enchanted Tale

The Princesses are big business to Disney and these DVDs are not really DTV Sequels, just stories featuring existing characters.

I don't agree with them, like them, or watch them. I suggest you just avoid them too.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    The Princesses are big business to Disney and these DVDs are not really DTV Sequels, just stories featuring existing characters.

I don't agree with them, like them, or watch them. I suggest you just avoid them too.
    See but it's still the DTV DVD thing right? I mean, legit sequal or not they're still part of that.
    And i plan to ignore them... I just have to listen to the lame songs from them everyday I work (the curse of the Disney Store)

• Senior Minion

But surely these DVDs are made up of episodes of old TV shows (Aladdin, Little Mermaid) and 20 minute stories featuring the other princesses? Your arguement would mean that shows such as The Emporer's New School and others based on the movie characters would need to be scrapped (although I admit there are less of these shows being done now).
    I think the stop in production of the DTV sequels was more focused on feature-length DVD releases (the last of which will either be LM3 or Tinkerbell depending on how you look at it) in an attempt to stop cheapening the original theatrical features and to help create some new stories and characters. The movie characters need a life beyond their original appearances or they will fade from the public's mind.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Ummm... but the Enchanted Tales are not episodes of the television show. Listen to the voices and look at the production quality (just in the trailers) These are "all new adventures". And i wasn't saying it'd scrap all of that... just them being on DVD.
    (Plus I'd be happy if they scrapped Emperor's New School, but that's another argument for another time :-P)
    And i don't agree that they need a life beyond their movies if they're going to be half-arses subpar lame attempts. If anything they cheapen the names of these characters and of Disney in general

• Senior Minion

You may be right. I certainly agree that they should cease with these particular titles. There are many six year old girls who would disagree!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    There are many six year old girls who would disagree!
    Sadly that is too true!

• Minion

ORDDU: If I'm not mistaken, I beieve there actually WAS a decision recently made to cease production on all future sequels to Disney's animated characters. There have been several articles written about all this and a certain woman who had been in charge of these projects was either demoted or let go. But since the most recent Disney Princess sequel had already been finished before this decision was made, naturally it had to be released to the general public. Supposedly you won't be seeing any more sequels after this, however. At least this is what my sisters and I have read.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Right. If you get that far into production, it would be foolish to waste money and just throw it away. I can guarantee you that some little girls see the advertisements and want the DVD.

But they should be ending that now.

In terms of animated series, I used to love watching Aladdin and The Little Mermaid on the Disney Channel...oh Timon and Pumbaa too. I thought those t.v. shows (from the perspective of a child) were good ones, as I did enjoy seeing my favorite characters in other stories as well. If Disney gets another major animated hit (that isn't Pixar-animated, just because of time and quality), I say that they should make another t.v. series.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    In terms of animated series, I used to love watching Aladdin and The Little Mermaid on the Disney Channel...oh Timon and Pumbaa too. I thought those t.v. shows (from the perspective of a child) were good ones, as I did enjoy seeing my favorite characters in other stories as well. If Disney gets another major animated hit (that isn't Pixar-animated, just because of time and quality), I say that they should make another t.v. series.
    I agree, I really did enjoy those shows a lot too!
    The only one they've done lately is Emperor's New School and I can barely sit through it vs Mermaid and Aladdin where I can watch the same episodes I watched as a kid and not groan