Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Still wants to be a cat!

West Coast Disney Cruise

Any hints or suggestions for the upcoming 50th celebration West Coast 7 day Disney Cruise. Been on cruises before but not a Disney cruise, am really looking forward to this one. Anthing we should know that would make the cruise more enjoyable, 3 adults and 1 8-year old child going. It should be very similar to the East Coast Cruise, except for the ports, of course. Sold out for the twelve weeks of sailing, so going to be a crowded ship. Any information you could pass along would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    We're going on the June 4th-11th cruise. The shore excursions are now listed on the DCL website, but you can't pre-reserve them until 90 days prior to departure. So, for our cruise, the earliest we can call is March 6th.

I found a great online resource (85 pages worth!) here. This guide has a LOAD of experienced info and tips.

We own a travel agency, so we know about the shore excursions, none of them interest us except for swimming with the dolphins in PV. Have done the same ports before with Carnival. Looking for hints aboard ship to make our trip more Disneyish. Have started collecting pins for trade......any more advise? Will check out the other site though. Thanks!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    ..... none of them interest us except for swimming with the dolphins in PV.
    Exactly why I know the exact moment I can call in the reservations.

Will check out the other site though. Thanks!
    Definitely! That guide on the other site is amazing. It's mainly dedicated to onboard information. And the tips it gives are quite valuable!

I'm Sailing July 2! Anyone else going to be on that one?

We have cruised the DCL five times out of Florida. The Magic is a great ship! I would bring some bottled water in your luggage, the ships water has a funny taste. Have at least one dinner and lunch at Palo's. If they have the "Disney Dreams" show make that a must see. Enjoy a lounge on Deck 4 and most of all just have FUN!

We have "priority" reservations already for Palo. It was part of our "Romantic Escape" package.

Also - I got the Swim with Dolphins excursion! WOOOOOOOOO!

Only 88 days left and we set sail. Not that I'm counting or anything.

Sailing on the June 18th cruise. Will be making the Dolphin reservations shortly. Just called my Husband to make sure he makes them. Think we have to wait a week or so more. Didn't know you had to have "priority seating" for Palos.....thought everyone got a chance at every dining place on board. Will be checking that out also. Anyone else going on the June 18th cruise? Would be nice to meet up with some Micechat members on the high seas!

- Wolfette

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    Sailing on the June 18th cruise. Will be making the Dolphin reservations shortly. Just called my Husband to make sure he makes them. Think we have to wait a week or so more.
    I believe your earliest call-in will be March 20th at 6am PST, but DCL will be able to verify that for sure.

Didn't know you had to have "priority seating" for Palos.....
    It's a reservation restaurant, so you can make your reservations as soon as you check-in onboard - maybe send the fastest family member to make the reservations. "Priority reservations" means we can skip that "rush" on check-in day, since that was a perk to our "Romantic Escape" package add-on.

Since I get back one week prior to your departure, I'll be sure to fill you in on any tips and ideas, etc.

How did you book your shore excursion already? I am a local travel agent and per DCL's website and the shore excursion desk, reservations can only be made on the day of or after the final payment date, which is 60 days prior to sailing and up to 2 days before sailing. I called the desk today, and they were not yet accepting any reservations for shore excursions on te West Coasr cruise. Are you going direct through Disney?

- Wolfette

I went directly through the Disney Cruise Line number. And, I had to have the cruise completely paid in full before booking excursions. I know some folks on the east to west repositioning cruise have already booked as well.

It is possible they changed their policy earlier this week though. Which, in that case, I'm damn lucky I got it when I did.

Make sure you let me know about how the cruise goes.....great to have some inside Micechatter checking things out. Thanks so much!

- Wolfette

• Banned User

Hey.. I would love for them to announce it already... Everyone knows something is fishy.. testing it and seeing how fast it got booked...

keep magic over there.. Give east coast a new ship to play with.. hehe...

• DonnettaR

Question

We are booked on the July 17th cruise. Is anyone else going on this day? Does anyone know if they will be doing something special because it is DL's actual birthday?

Quote Originally Posted by DonnettaR
    We are booked on the July 17th cruise. Is anyone else going on this day? Does anyone know if they will be doing something special because it is DL's actual birthday?
    We're June 4th.

Not sure about special stuff, but I bet they do have something planned. Have you tried asking via the main cruise line number?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast