Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Sweeney Todd trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    It looks great, however, there is one big flaw. Johnny didn't come up with a new voice for this character. All I heard was Jack Sparrow talking throughout the trailer.
    Yes, I thought it sounded a bit Jack Sparrow too, but watching it again, he does have some cockney inflections - which is what the Sweeney Todd character calls for.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I like the different color paletes they used for the Ben and the Sweeney. Bright colorful and then very dark and spooky. Alan Rickman! Sasha Baron Cohen! Is it odd that I think he's hotter than Johnny Depp?

For those of us who haven't seen the stage version and now totally curious: why did he go to jail in the first place?

• my two sunshines

It looks great, however, there is one big flaw. Johnny didn't come up with a new voice for this character. All I heard was Jack Sparrow talking throughout the trailer.
    I did hear that also BUT being that both characters are supposed to be from the same geographical area, I guess the voices would be similar - I know he has sung with his band and did sing when he was younger, so for him to sing isn't much of a shock - I think Helena Bonham Carter looks (and always is) amazing - Alan Rickman, love that man - can't help it, I love every role he's in - and I'm an admitted converted Depp fan - I have always enjoyed his roles but couldn't stand him as a young actor - I know I'm one of the few, but 21 Jump Street - hated it! (and I will admit - I used to confuse Skeet Urlich and Johnny Depp all the time, well until Pirates, and now I know the difference LOL)

I think the film looks great - it looks creepy in the coloring and the switching of the grey dismal look to the vibrant colors - it's got Tim Burton's fingerprints all over it - it reminds me so much of Batman and the way he shot that (which I think was probably the best one)

I will probably see this film at least twice in the theatres, if I love it the first time I'll go a second to listen more for the music and to catch things I didn't catch the first time

This has got to be one of the strongest years for movies in a long time - the Oscars are going to be tough to call

• Minion

>>For those of us who haven't seen the stage version and now totally curious: why did he go to jail in the first place?<<

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

Benjamin Barker was a good man framed by a perverted Judge who wanted Barker's wife and daughter for himself. Barker's heart becomes embittered in prison and returns as Sweeney Todd to wreak his revenge - once he has discovered the fate of his famiy in his absence.

O M G

That is all I can say... That, and I am looking forward to this movie so much!

Thanks for the link!

• Minion

Blog Entries

i was gonna say, i bet they left out the music to draw in horror and Burton fans more. It's rated R for "Graphic, Bloody Violence" so all the saw fans are probably thinking "Woot!" can wait to actually see how they act once they notice it's a musical, lol.

other then that, looks good. Seems Depp is going to perform in a more character voice then the operatic tones the musical calls for, but what ever works for him, it'll be a fresh spin, which is what is needed.

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    so all the saw fans are probably thinking "Woot!" can wait to actually see how they act once they notice it's a musical, lol.
    heh yeah cuz people just LOVE a bait-and-switch
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Minion

Blog Entries

here, for some that don't know what they are getting into, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKEilONL9KA

btw, the meat in those pies is exactly what you think it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYGHH...related&search=

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

More hot pies!
    A signature should go here.

Can't wait!!

All I heard was Jack Sparrow talking throughout the trailer.
    I heard Jack as well....made me miss him....
    Everybody’s got a laughing place. Trouble is, most folks won’t take the time to go look for it. And where it is for one, it mightn’t be for another. ~ Splash Mountain

• Minion

Exactly what I was thinking all the way through. Oh well, it's still on my must see list.

• Minion

Blog Entries

honestly,he might sound like jack, but the character is more, jack w/o all the rum...and seawater...and happiness...and a long inbittering stay in prison....and really, it's not jack at all, just sounds like him!

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

is ST gonna be a straight musical? like NBC? or a somewhat musical like corpse bride?
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I'm relatively confident that they are going full blown musical on this one. Sondheim's enthusiasm about the project leads me to believe that despite the appearance of the trailer, this will be a pretty faithful adaptation.

• Pirate - G'har!

I think they thought that as long as they had a little bit of singing in the trailer people would know it was a musical, it certainly established it for me. I'm pretty positive Sondheim would be supportibe of the full-blown musical anyway and I'm pretty sure Tim Burton wanted to do a full-blown musical so he's doing just that

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast