• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Jakob Jensen: from 'Enchanted' to 'Astroboy'

Jenson to Helm Astroboy Animation Team

AnimationWorldNetwork
    October 04, 2007

Jakob H. Jensen has joined Imagi Animation Studios as Animation Director on ASTROBOY, the studio was announced.

"Jakob brings to Imagi over a dozen years of comprehensive experience in animation, working both in Europe and the U.S.," said Francis Kao, Co-CEO & Chief Creative Officer. "In addition to overseeing animation on ASTROBOY, he will also be playing a key role in furthering the training of the young animators at our studio in Hong Kong."

Born in Denmark, Jensen launched his animation career at A-Film in Copenhagen at the age of 17. In 1995 he joined DreamWorks Animation, where he served as animator on such films as THE PRINCE OF EGYPT, THE ROAD TO EL DORADO, MADAGASCAR and SHARK TALE. Most notably, Jensen served as Senior Supervising Animator on the title character, Sinbad, in SINBAD: LEGEND OF THE SEVEN SEAS, as Supervising Animator on both SPIRIT: STALLION OF THE CIMARRON and FLUSHED AWAY, and as Character Designer on OVER THE HEDGE.

After 11 years with DreamWorks, Jensen returned to traditional animation, working on Walt Disney Pictures' upcoming ENCHANTED at James Baxter Animation.
    http://news.awn.com/index.php?ltype=...sitem_no=21072

http://www.jamesbaxteranimation.com/index.htm

• Banned User

Re: Jakob Jensen: from 'Enchanted' to 'Astroboy'

And the original version now airs Sunday morning at 2 AM and 5:30 AM ET/PT on Cartoon Network's [adult swim] block. Ah, good times with Wee Willie Webber in Philadelphia back in my day.

Re: Jakob Jensen: from 'Enchanted' to 'Astroboy'

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    And the original version now airs Sunday morning at 2 AM and 5:30 AM ET/PT on Cartoon Network's [adult swim] block. Ah, good times with Wee Willie Webber in Philadelphia back in my day.
    Here in Southern California, Astro Boy and Gigantor were both hugely popular afternoon TV shows in the mid to late 1960's. Astro Boy followed local kiddie personality "Engineer Bill's" show...which was also a local institution providing Astro Boy with a great lead in.

My brother purchased the official Astro Boy theme song on a 45rpm record disc from the Helms Bakery truck, that was running a promotion with local TV station KHJ channel 9. I recall the record well because my brother played that song over and over again until I swear he wore out the grooves! I still remember the music and lyrics to this day.