Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: Remember seeing movies at the Drive-In?

Wow... you guys talked about the 101 in Ventura... nice to hear it mentioned. I grew up in Moorpark, so we'd go to the Simi Valley Drive in and on rare occasions drive to Ventura. My sister lives in Lompoc and the old screen for that drive in is still there, although the land it's on is a gravel company or something. What great memories.

The Simi Valley drive in was in a scene in a Janet Jackson movie, I can't remember the title, but at least one can still catch a glimpse of it.

• my two sunshines

I used to love the drive ins with 6 screens - as a kid we would get tired of the movie my parents would bring us to and we'd watch the other screens

We had this station wagon - we'd get there early - my older brother ALWAYS had to have the back seat so he kicked me and my two younger brothers to the back - we had two seats that pulled up facing each other. We'd go to the playground before the movie started and then the snack bar - we'd wear our pajamas and big fuzzy slippers (well I wore the big fuzzy slippers, my brothers didn't LOL)

The first movie I actually remember was the original Posideon Adventure - we would go to the drive in's 2-3 times a month

Those crappy speakers we'd put on the window LOL all us kids noisy in the back - we had two small dogs that went with us so add that to 4 kids and 2 adults -

All I can remember is how fun it was!!!!

• Man O Lantern

We still go to the drive-in in Newburg, OR a few times every summer.

Before we moved to Portland, we used to go to a double feature drive-in all the time in our tiny Oregon town--it was the only way to see a movie with three kids...for $8. There's a playground to play on before the movies started, we'd pack up junk food or dinner, the kids would fall asleep after the first movie and my husband and I would get date time.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

There's a drive in theater in Corona. Double features, new movies, $5 per person. Love it! Paige and I used to go almost every weekend, especially in summer.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

The closest drive in near the DLR for all you out of towners is in Costa Mesa, at the Orange County Fairgrounds. They put up a temporary screen that can be taken down easily for the Fair and other events, but here is a link...

http://www.star-vu.com/

• Banned User

Not only do I remember, I take my kids in the summer time. 4.00 to get in, 3.00 for the kids. we love it. but since I can not drive at night any more we will not be going I love the drive inn~!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    YAY Shrek!

There are couple drive-in theaters within about 30-45 minutes from my house.

The "nice" one is seasonal and has now closed until Spring and the other year-round drive-in is in a pretty scary area. The Yelp reviews seem to support the feeling that it is unsafe to leave your car to use the restroom or go to the snack bar.

I have a two year old daughter and am looking forward to taking her to the safer drive-in next year. I have a wagon so plan on doing the whole sleeping bag thing like when I was a kid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12