• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Giving Props to the Jungle Book animators

I recently bought Jungle Book and had not seen it in over 10 years. As a kid, I did not like it. But with all the fanfare about the film here on MC, I decided to buy it. Finally, last night I managed to watch the film and was so impressed with the animation! The animators who did Kaa really have impressed me. Everything the artists did to Kaa and his body was very well done and entertaining. It was just impressive looking at all the little, details these animators had to draw in every single frame for this character alone. Then Sterling Halloway really did a splendid job bringing Kaa to life. Sterling was so funny, smart, and creative.

Now I go onto Shere Khan. I give credit to all the artists who worked on him. I loved the instance where he was stalking the deer. Just beautiful and very well animated. Imagine all the frustrations the animatoirs must have gone through just making sure his stripes animated well in each picture they drew!

I also loved the Colonel and his elephants. Each elephant was so unique in their personalities an appearance. I love the one with the weed hanging off of his tusk .

Finally, King Louie. Everything was so well done with him. His personality, song, body movement, etc.

But after watching this film last night, I have to say my two favorite characters from it are Kaa and King Louie.

What are your thoughts on this film?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Giving Props to the Jungle Book animators

I finally bought this tonight. It's always been one of my very favorite Disney films. I'm a big fan of Baloo. What I love the most about this movie is the music. It's just.... fun!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

They are selling a big Baloo Plush at K-Mart. I mean, he is atleast a good few feet tall. But I like how Phil Harris helped bring Baloo to life.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I had a Baloo plush from the late 70's I used to carry around with me all the time. I finally got a new plush at WDW to replace it with about 10 years ago. I still have it.