Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Re: My First Disney Cruise, or "Disaster at Sea!" (complete with pictures)

What a great report and other than the few "bumps", it sounds like a lovely trip. I'm scheduled to go on a Disney cruise next May and your report just made me look forward to it more. Thanks for sharing your family trip with us!

Thanks for all of your experiences!

We were planning on going on the same land and sea package you bought, but we didn't start planning soon enough. We had no idea that we would need our passports before even booking the trip! We made all of our choices and went to purchase this morning only to be hit with the small detail of the passport numbers. With passports taking 4-6 weeks, we doubt the 6th of April will still be open.

Disappointing since this is our 10th anniversary and we never do anything special. The one time we were set to throw caution to the wind...

Hopefully this will jsut give me more time to plan for next year. :/

I am interested in reading your WDW thread. We live at DL but have never been to WDW. I tried searching for it but it doesn't come up for me under other threads by you. Could you link it for me?

Thanks so much!
    Former Cast Member there at the beginning for the Flagship store on 5th Avenue in NYC.

• Shablagoo!

Thanks for the report. It reminded me of the non-Disney cruise I took a couple years ago to Alaska. Of course it looks to me like you had more fun on yours. Like I told my mom, the only way I would go back on an Alaskan Cruise is if it was a Disney ship and Micechat was doing an invasion.

• Is it summer yet???

Not sure what state you're in but in California, you can pay extra and get your passport in 2 weeks. I procrastinated and waited really close to the Christmas holidays for a 2/15 cruise and was cutting it too close, so it cost me an additional $60 but I'm ready to cruise!

Quote Originally Posted by PrettiestPrincess View Post
    Thanks for all of your experiences!

We were planning on going on the same land and sea package you bought, but we didn't start planning soon enough. We had no idea that we would need our passports before even booking the trip! We made all of our choices and went to purchase this morning only to be hit with the small detail of the passport numbers. With passports taking 4-6 weeks, we doubt the 6th of April will still be open.

Disappointing since this is our 10th anniversary and we never do anything special. The one time we were set to throw caution to the wind...

Hopefully this will jsut give me more time to plan for next year. :/

I am interested in reading your WDW thread. We live at DL but have never been to WDW. I tried searching for it but it doesn't come up for me under other threads by you. Could you link it for me?

Thanks so much!
    Rally Rat, Oh how I've missed thee!

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyWife View Post
    Not sure what state you're in but in California, you can pay extra and get your passport in 2 weeks. I procrastinated and waited really close to the Christmas holidays for a 2/15 cruise and was cutting it too close, so it cost me an additional $60 but I'm ready to cruise!
    Thanks. We are in So Cal. (thanks for reminding me to add my location

When we looked into it, we were told that the expedited process meant you *could* get it in 3 weeks...I don't know if it's worth $120 more for the chance of getting it earlier. Did you go through the USPS or somewhere else? I guess if the date is all booked up, we have our passports in hand for anything that comes up...
    Former Cast Member there at the beginning for the Flagship store on 5th Avenue in NYC.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123