• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Disney announces its new product line... 'produce'

On October 12th Disney announced that it has opened a new division of Disney consumer products which will be called 'Disney Garden'. The products from this division will not be found in your local toy store though. They will be found in the produce section of your local supermarket.

With Mickey head pizzas, ice creams, and hamburger patties already in the frozen food section next to other frozen microwaveable treats, Team Disney has finally realized that many parents want something more healthy for thier children than chicken nuggets. They may have also noticed that the fruits and vegetables that are now being sold in the parks, are a bigger seller than most of the other snacks available in Disney theme parks.

The story found on CNN says that the products will be on the shelves in stores this fall and will include a line of fruits, vegetables, and Mickey shapped snack trays with a variety of healthy foods inside.

for more information about this story, go to http://money.cnn.com/2007/10/12/news...ion=2007101212
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• revolutionary waltz

Re: Disney announces its new product line... 'produce'

That's odd--I've been seeing the Disney Produce line for a while now, at least since this summer. Was my area simply a test group or is this article late? :/

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

We've had Disney produce for quite a while now. We can buy it at Albertsons, at the very least. Interesting that they're taking it to a higher level, though.

• A Suitcase & A Dream

Same here, I have some Disney apples in my fridge right now.

• Huh?

It could be a more widespread line...

After all, there is a whole line of foods -- cereals, frozen foods, Old Yeller dog food -- that are only available at Kroger stores. And they are MUCH cheaper than the more mainstream line. So, you get the licensed foods and the affordibility of store brand all in one package.

Finding Nemo-O's: $1 per box. Honey Nut Cheerios (its equivalent): $3.50. Taste? The same. Health? Finding Nemo-O's a bit better.
    -Tim

• Banned User

Oh please, Disney Consumer Products is desperate for new ideas. Disney Produce? Maybe they should focus on quality Disney Store merchandise instead.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    Oh please, Disney Consumer Products is desperate for new ideas. Disney Produce? Maybe they should focus on quality Disney Store merchandise instead.
    I thought that some also. personally, I want to know what is loaded into the veggies and stuff they sell to the kids. think some of them said ranch dressing, stuff like that?

how much of it has high fructose corn syrup, monosodium glutamate, and other stuff not good for growing bodies? remember, this is disney, the proud company that poisons your kids (and you) with high fructose corn syrup in ketchup and mayo while club 33 has hunts ketchup made with real sugar, not HFCS. took a look at your hidden valley ranch dressing you get at the stage door cafe next time with chicken fingers also and read the label

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Count me in for one of those who've had Disney produce in their stores. Nothing new. Oh, and I was a proud owner of a box of Pirates of the Caribbean Cereal for a while. Ended up eating it. It was cheap and tasty and had Capt. Jack on the box. Yummy all around.

I like the new products. Why not roll 'em out. Plus...maybe I'm just crossing my wires here, but isn't Disney Store controlled by a different division than that which is putting out the produce? Or am I making things up again?