Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast

• Original Mice-Chatter

Re: For those who have FINISHED the new Potter book- major discussion thread SPOILERS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    , one cannot live while the other perishes.
    huh? The prophecy says one cannot live while the other survives- not perishes.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Re: For those who have FINISHED the new Potter book- major discussion thread SPOILERS!!

WOW~
    I finished the book at 2 am last night. It was amazing, heart wrenching, and so well thought out that I hardly know what to say! I am broken hearted by Dumbledores death. It just seems like worse and worse things happen to poor Harry in each book and I am sure 7 will be even worse until the end! After that I will crave a whole other book of just happy things!

DUMBLEDORE'S DEATH
    Like many of you, I believe that Dumbledore may return. I am not totally convinced, however. I think Snape could have said Avada Kedavra without actually performing the spell. I think Dumbledore froze Harry either to protect him, or to ensure he did not interfere with the plan. Bringing back "dead" characters isn't exactly Rowlings style, but I won't be surprised either way. But I would LOVE to see him come back.

COUPLES
    I like the pairing of Harry & Ginny. I like how she is fiesty and smart. And she understands him, not expecting him to give her things that he can not.

Hermione & Ron were hysterical. It has been so obvious for several books where that is headed and I love watching it unfold.

OH- and "snogging" is my new favorite word!

R.A.B. and HORCRUXES
    Some of you in this thread have come up with AMAZING theories! I could not remember hardly anything that happened in the last book. I think you guys are right on about Sirius' Brother (forgot his name) and the locket. I NEVER would have remembered that! I plan to read books 4, 5, 6 again! Rowlings has created such a complex story, it is just incredible.

I do not think Harry is a Horcrux. I defintely don't think Harry will be killed off. This is probably far off, but what about the Gryfindor Sword in the head masters office? Seems Dumbledore would have been aware if it was a Horcrux, but maybe he was and hadn't revealed it for some reason? Probably not, but it was mentioned in the book several times and Rowling rarely mentions things more than once if they aren't truly significant.

Responses to other MiceChatters Thoughts:
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgot who
    Celebrity Death Match- Snape vs. Yoda
    That had me CRACKING UP!!
    Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    Also, I don't think they will need to replace any of the characters because of age issues. For one thing, the actors are pretty much the same age as the character would be in each respective book.
    I agree. Has anyone seen the new trailer for Goblet of Fire? They do a montage of pics of each character's growth and so far it has been right on and believable. I don't think age will be an issue. I was worried about it in the first few movies, but it has turned out great. And I think there is no need to worry now because the older kids get, the less they change year to year.
    Quote Originally Posted by dizneedoll
    I don't think Snape is the Half Blood Prince, even though he said he was and here's why:
    When Harry was spending Xmas at the Burrow, he asked Lupin if he knew anything about the HBP. Lupin said no
    then he asks Harry if there was a date in the book. Harry checks this and sure enough it was dated 50 years ago
    I had a feeling throughout the whole book that Snape was the Half Blood Prince. While trying to figure out who it could be I asked myself who is good enough at potions for it to be, and came up with Snape.
    It could be a name he called himself and never told anyone about, Lupin wouldn't have had to hear it.
    Also, just because the book was 50 years old, doesn't mean someone much younger could have used it in that time. Harry was using it wasn't he?
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• insufferable know-it-all

Okay, here's a thought: Is it possible that there's another way to live longer besides the sorcerer's stone and horcruxes? That is, can you be good and have something similar to a horcrux?

Harry's mom died to save him. People keep saying he has her eyes - they say this OVER and OVER and OVER again in the books. You do the math.

Dumbledore was the professor of what? Transfiguration? Think about it. Who else is an animagus? Why, Professor McGonaghall, of course.

That's all I've got for now.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Puppy Cuddles

Rowling said in an interview a long time ago that we will find out in either book 6 or 7 that we will find out why it is important that Harry has Lily's eyes. I think she' s having fun teasing us that she knows what happens and we don't. And I don't blame her for that becuase I'd probably do the same thing in her place.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

So glad I found this thread, so many theories, so few answers.
    TinkPink - I'm with ya girl, loved the book, loved it enough to read it twice

My thoughts

Dead is dead in JKR's world - I think we'll see Dumbley again - just not alive
    Never forget one of the horcruxes is Volde himself - I believe that means we're missing 2, one from Ravenclaw and one from Gryffindor
    I've come to think Snape is neither good or bad. He's some powerful wizard, he seems to benefit best if both Volde and Harry are dead without making him look like the problem. If either side knew he wanted to step up as the biggest, baddest wizard, threat he'd be, and he'd be gone
    JRK amazed me with the change in writing style. Each book becomes more reflective of what's happening in Harry's world. From the happy, easy days of 1st year at a perfect, new school to a chaotic, war filled world

Wow, I can't wait for the new movie and I'm anxious for the last book. Theories abound, but I'm sure I will be shocked and suprised with hopefully a bit of happiness as this all wraps up

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Anyone here ever see the 1999 made for tv movie David Copperfield ? It's almost like watching the pilot to the Harry Potter films in that just about every third person in the movie goes on to become a Wizard....lots of fun
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• is confuzzled.

Re: For those who have FINISHED the new Potter book- major discussion thread SPOILERS

i have a theroy but it's mostly speculation:
    Spoiler
    I think that Dumbledore may have been an animagus and can turn into a phoenix, which would explain his connection with Fawkes. Also it would make sense why a phoenix came out of the flames when Dumbledore's body burst into flames because they are born from ashes so maybe because he might be an animagus he can be reborn also

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Re: For those who have FINISHED the new Potter book- major discussion thread SPOILERS

D Dude - great theory, one issue with it
    Spoiler
    would mean that Dumbledore would have to be an unregistered animagus(sp??), otherwise Hermione would have stumbled across that in one of her many books

For those of you, like me, who can't get enough Harry. Disney channel is showing the extended version of Chamber of Secrets right now

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by MTNGIRL
    For those of you, like me, who can't get enough Harry. Disney channel is showing the extended version of Chamber of Secrets right now
    Yes, I love the extended version. I think that CoS is the best HP movie to date, and the extended version ties up any loose ends the theatrical version had. Also, it brings in more parts that are true to the book.

EDIT: After watching the Disney Channel version, I can say that they aired the show better then both ABC and ABCFamily. Because of the nature of the channel, their are only about 1/4 of the amount of commercials, and the few commercials they did have were only like 30 seconds long.

-Michael
    Last edited by TheDisneyInquisitor; 08-07-2005 at 09:22 PM.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• On Autopilot

Well... I'm agreeing with everybody here about Harry not snuffing and and all that, and that one person brought up a really cool idea about the pheonix (heck, you never actually see poor Dumbly's body during the burial)

The only thing I'm worried about is how Bellatrix will snuff it Let them go easy on her (yeah I'm weird, but heck, she's better than Umbridge IMO )

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Larxene1959
    (heck, you never actually see poor Dumbly's body during the burial)
    That's probably because it isn't a picture book. (jk)

(yeah I'm weird, but heck, she's better than Umbridge IMO )
    I think Voldemort "snogging" Snape would be better than Umbridge.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• On Autopilot

Oh goodness Ask Mike!

Well, I think THIS is what should happen in the seventh book! And the sad thing is... I can see this happening

Now if only she clobbered Umbridge....

• Sock Puppet

OMFG!! That's hilarious.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Today when I was working at the fair, selling wristbands for the rides, I got really bored. So I looked around and saw that we were taking in a lot of money, so I thought to myself, what could I do with all this money?

Long story short, if you get a dollar bill 1-$20 in value that says "Snape Kills Dumbledore on Page 596" chances are it was me that wrote it.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Tui
    Today when I was working at the fair, selling wristbands for the rides, I got really bored. So I looked around and saw that we were taking in a lot of money, so I thought to myself, what could I do with all this money?

Long story short, if you get a dollar bill 1-$20 in value that says "Snape Kills Dumbledore on Page 596" chances are it was me that wrote it.
    That's great.

-Michael

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast