Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Re: For those who have FINISHED the new Potter book- major discussion thread SPOILERS!!

[QUOTE=groomer_4_u]i dunno about dumbledore being completely gone...don't forget his wizards picture is now in his office along with all of the ex headmasters of hogwarts[QUOTE]

I didn't mean to imply that there will be no Dumbledore at all, just that he will be relagated to being one of the portraits and be there in spirit of those who supported him. He just won't be a living character.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: For those who have FINISHED the new Potter book- major discussion thread SPOILERS!!

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    How come Dumbledore wanted Harry to go back to the Dursley's one more time? I haven't read the book since July and forgot if there was an explanation to this.

-Michael
    Because part of the deal of the Dursley's protection is that he call their house home. Therefore, as long as once a year he goes back there, he is protected against Voldemort.

IIRC!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• And, THEN she said...

i figured that's what you meant, i was just typing while i was thinking LOL

and i just remembered something it may be very possible dumbledore may have a horcrux stashed somewhere..you can only make a horcrux if you have killed somebody, right, well remember when dumbledore drank the potion in order to get the locket i am wondering what all of that hallucinogenic talkwas all about? i remeber clearly dumbledore saying im sorry i didnt mean to do it..that left me with a big red question mark above my head LOL

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I'm for the camp that Dumbledore isn't dead. Here's my theories:

1. Listed in another book is how a person looks when they die from the curse performed on DD, they have a look of terror on their face where DD is said to have his eyes closed like he's resting peacefully.
    2. You hear Fauxe wailing while they are in the hospital wing, I know that their tears can heal. Maybe not bring back from the dead but with Snape and DD agruing it may have something to do with staging the death.
    3. As far as the portrait Mcgonagall was in the office when it was getting put on the wall, whose to say she didn't put it up there.
    4. Hagrid came in and said he moved the body, whose to say that he wasn't in on it.
    5. If Snape is still on our team than why did DD plead with him to kill him while he was up in the tower, DD wouldn't plead, not with anyone.

I think DD will be back in some way, but JK definitely had to get him out of the way for Harry to fulfill his destiny.

I'm also hopeful that Snape is still on our side but we will have to see.
    Last edited by SummerInFL; 09-19-2005 at 06:51 AM.

• e komo mai

I'm unsure about the 'dead is dead' theory for Ms. Rowlings books. I mean, didn't they bring back Voldemort to human form in 5 with an elaborate spell etc. I think it could happen.

SummerinFL - Good theories.

I still think Hermione's a werewolf. See book 3. Werewolves only respond to other werewolves. She howls in the distance to save Harry. Lupin followed her voice...

I was just thinking that just about anything is possible in the next book. There are almost an unlimited number of things that could happen through the author's creative mind.

• Disney Memory Maker

Re: For those who have FINISHED the new Potter book- major discussion thread SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    I'm unsure about the 'dead is dead' theory for Ms. Rowlings books. I mean, didn't they bring back Voldemort to human form in 5 with an elaborate spell etc. I think it could happen.
    Yeah, but Voldemort was never 'truly' dead (with all the horcruxes).

I still think Hermione's a werewolf. See book 3. Werewolves only respond to other werewolves. She howls in the distance to save Harry. Lupin followed her voice...
    She was with Lupin when he turned into a werewolf. If she was one, she would have turned into one too. I guess that she could have made a potion though. There are so many possiblities. I know that once I get the answers to this book and to Lost, I'll be a really happy person.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    Maybe in the movies, but not in the books, since she did not call Lupin away in the book.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213