Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Re: For those who have FINISHED the new Potter book- major discussion thread SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by TomorrowlandTourist
    Spoiler
    Does anyone else think that R.A.B. refers to Regulus Black? It may very well be him because a friend pointed out that in Order of the Phoenix, that a locket which could not be opened was found at Grimmauld Place.
    Spoiler
    OMFG, I was just going to come in here and post the same theory. I know he's supposed to be dead, right? But who knows? Anything is possible.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Original Mice-Chatter

Re: For those who have FINISHED the new Potter book- major discussion thread SPOILERS!!

Spoiler
    and if so....can't you just see this man stepping into Harry's life? As a stand in for his parents and Sirius? I can.....though Harry is nearly an adult himself- so it is not as vital as it used to be

• Puppy Cuddles

Re: For those who have FINISHED the new Potter book- major discussion thread SPOILERS!!

Oh my dear sweet goodness, TomorrowlandTourist! You are a genius! That is fantastic! I was expecting more of 12 Grimmauld Place in this book, but maybe it's all being saved for book 7!
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• Launch sequence engaged

Re: For those who have FINISHED the new Potter book- major discussion thread SPOILERS

Spoiler
    My friend deserves a lot of credit for pointing out the locket for me, but thanks!

I delved back into Book 5 and found it interesting that Regulus was killled 15 years ago, proving Dumbledore's theory that Voldemort doesn't care/know about his destroyed Horcruxes (Regulus obviously destroyed it before his murder.) However, we don't know all the details of his "death."

Plus, on a side note, I am convinced that Snape is not on the evil side (I doubt Harry will ever think otherwise however). When I read through the final chapters at a blazing speed, I didn't stop and think. I agree that Dumbledore wasn't pleading for his life, and Snape knew his task at hand.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Spoiler
    Yes- it occured to me that the note found in the locket stated that RAB expected to be dead by the time the missing horcrux was discovered- so I doubt that he is still alive.

The Snape thing was written with SO much wiggle room- but I just can't imagine how Snape could ever ever explain this to anyone's satisfaction. He KILLED Dumbledore- without hesitation or words.

• Reaver of Souls

OK, I know I'm not a part of this thread, having read none of the books, but I do enjoy watching people discuss it, if only for the silly names! My one question, why all the spoiler boxes? If this is a thread for those who have already read the entire book, no need to hide things. And if someone who hasn't read it pops in and gets spoiled, it's their fault, I say! Just an irrelevant, un-asked-for opinion...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Spoiler
    Reaver is a silly ninny

heehee *hugs*

But seriously- I think we should keep things protected until some time has passed- spoiler boxes are the way to go.

• Launch sequence engaged

While the thread title did give enough of a warning, I think that we have to account for the "accidental" stumbling on this thread. Thus, the spoiler boxes potentially discourage the Harry Potter reader from ruining the story (why they would click on the thread is beyond me)

Spoiler threads unfortunately attract people just like Sleeping Beauty was drawn to that spindle.

• T'zambezi makes me sneezy

Spoiler
    I really dont think Dumbledore would ever beg for his live. The only explanation is that he was begging Snape to do what he had to do. But it was killing me. I hated and loved Rowling at the same time.
    Now that is an idea! In fact--

Spoiler
    If Dumbledore has trusted Snape all this time, the only logical thing to conclude is that Snape has confided in him, therefore Dumble knows about the unbreakable vow, and perhaps he had the whole thing contrived with Snape beforehand, in order to redeem Draco--who may not be all bad.

If that's true, though, then how does it explain--

Spoiler
    "Snape gazed for a moment at Dumbledore, and there was revulsion and hetred etched in the harsh lines of his face."

Unless it was the act that he hated, and not the person.

• Puppy Cuddles

Quote Originally Posted by 'Strue
    Spoiler
    "Snape gazed for a moment at Dumbledore, and there was revulsion and hetred etched in the harsh lines of his face."

Unless it was the act that he hated, and not the person.
    Ooh! I never saw it that way! Entirely possible. Also, perhaps

Spoiler
    Avada Kedavra takes a great deal of concentration and perhaps like a Patronus Charm, one must be in the right state of mind to perform it therefore Snape had to have some thoughts behind it. He was probably thinking about Sirius and James, in that case.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• That one girl.

I just finished it tonight! It was so draining to read the last few chapters.

Spoiler
    I think Snape only killed Dumbledore to keep Draco from killing him. As far as Draco's safety, that may be up to Voldemort and what he wants to do with him. Did V. expect Draco to be able to do it? I don't know. Will be punish the Malfoys because Draco didn't follow through?

My head was spinning for most of the book trying to figure out who the Half Blood Prince was.

Spoiler
    Once Snape asked to see Harry's books, I knew that Snape knew something about the "Prince".

I have to admit I was almost in tears.

Bring on book 7!
    Well, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, just like me.

For new music click below!

• My arms are tired!

Spoiler
    Well, I don't think Draco was ever in danger of killing Dumbledore. Does anyone believe he would have been able to cast the Avada Kedavra? Of course we have not been privy to the behind the scenes meetings in this book between Draco and the Dark Lord so it is conceivable he took Draco under his wing, so to speak, on how to perform this terrible act.

The more I think about it, I'm inclined to think Dumbledore and Snape were on the same page and Snape may well not be the ultimate baddie. Pure speculation, but I cannot believe that somehow Dumbledore won't be back in book 7 and that Snape will prove himself worthy of Dumbledore's trust.

My other question is, what on earth was Peter Pettigrew doing at Snape's place?

Cost of AP= $239
    Trips to DL= 001
    Next Trip to DL= May 6-7, 2007

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    Spoiler
    and if so....can't you just see this man stepping into Harry's life? As a stand in for his parents and Sirius? I can.....though Harry is nearly an adult himself- so it is not as vital as it used to be
    In Book 5, there is information about this person. Answer is, "No."
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake
    Spoiler
    My other question is, what on earth was Peter Pettigrew doing at Snape's place?
    Spoiler
    Keeping an eye on Snape for Voldemort.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Puppy Cuddles

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    In Book 5, there is information about this person. Answer is, "No."
    Spoiler
    Yes, but if The RAB is actually Black's brother as suspected, perhaps he changed his ideas about purebloods and such. Of course he didn't actually destroy the locket (if they found it, then it must not have been destoryed) so maybe he kept it around just to have a bit of power over Voldemort. I think many here are suspecting that Regulus may have turned away from the Death Eaters and therefore his pureblood biases. Still, I agree with you that he probably won't take Sirius' place in Harry's life because I just hate the idea of ANYONE (except perhaps Lupin) doing that.

Spoiler
    And, Dumbledore has to be back in book seven because his picture is in McGonagall's office, so he can offer advice. I never really understood how much pictures can really do, so maybe he can even tell more of what he knows, like whether Snape is good.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast