Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Exclamation Re: For those who have FINISHED the new Potter book- major discussion thread SPOILERS!!

Quote Originally Posted by PotCRoxMySox
    i think that ginny and harry are sooo cute together and i'm glad we finally see hermione and ron sort of "together"

Spoiler
    But, like Harry mentioned, friends evolving into a relationship (i.e. Won-Won and Hermione), break-ups can kill the friendship along with the relationship. I've lost a couple of friends that way, when we broke up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman
    And the fact that Dumbledore’s body disappears behind flames that diminish to reveal the tomb, with nobody seeing his body actually interred, seems like the old “smoke and mirrors” bit to me.
    Spoiler
    Oooo! That's an interesting idea! But why would he want to fake his own death?! Witness Protection Program?!
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

• Original Mice-Chatter

Re: For those who have FINISHED the new Potter book- major discussion thread SPOILERS!!

question why are we talking in spoilers when the tag says spoilers ahead???

Because it keeps people from popping into the thread an ruining themselves- after a while we can stop.

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: For those who have FINISHED the new Potter book- major discussion thread SPOILERS!!

I believe we're repeating the same theories here folks! Dare I say we are agreed that
    Spoiler
    there is a terrific chance Dumbledore faked his death, just like he offered to Draco?

I'm dying for the last book now! But what on earth will we do when she's finished the series? She's now richer than the Queen, so when she's done, will Rowling ever write again?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• My arms are tired!

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    I believe we're repeating the same theories here folks! Dare I say we are agreed that
    Spoiler
    there is a terrific chance Dumbledore faked his death, just like he offered to Draco?

I'm dying for the last book now! But what on earth will we do when she's finished the series? She's now richer than the Queen, so when she's done, will Rowling ever write again?
    I agree!

Like you, dying for Book 7, but we have at least a 2 year wait to continue to speculate (I suspect more likely 2-3 year wait). I felt this way after Book 5, the L-O-N-G waiting!

As for Rowling writing anything more, who knows. She was quoted in a piece I read somewhere she'd like to write something different, but using a pseudonym. Can you balme her for that, everything else she may write will be compared to the Potter series. Even if she leaves us nothing else, this series is a terrific achievement!

On the upside, we do have the next movie to look forward to in November. The trailer is tantalizing. As much as I love Michael Gambon, he has not touched me as Richard Harris did as Dubledore, I find myself longing for Peter O'Toole! I am looking forward to Ralph Fiennes as Lord V and Miranda Richardson as Rita Skeeter. While the films have been uneven compared to the books (God but they would be long if they did them all complete), they have been cast with the level of quality of a Merchant/Ivory film. Not bad that!

Sorry, I sort of derailed on this last!

Snow

Cost of AP= $239
    Trips to DL= 001
    Next Trip to DL= May 6-7, 2007

Is that the guy who played Gandalf? Yeah, I would have LOVED him as Dumbledore!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• My arms are tired!

Is that the guy who played Gandalf? Yeah, I would have LOVED him as Dumbledore!
    No, Ian McKellen played Gandalf and I agree with you 100% he was wonderful! (Of course, he is wonderful in anything. One of the greatest things I ever saw in the theatre was his one man show - awesome) He would be great as Dubledore, but I can see why he would not have accepted the part if it had been offered. That said, it woulda been really S-W-E-E-T!

Snow

P.S. Peter O'Toole - Lawrence of Arabia is what he is best remembered for. Also My Favorite Year, another terrific performance.

Cost of AP= $239
    Trips to DL= 001
    Next Trip to DL= May 6-7, 2007

Ahh... Mr. Chips, okay. I guess I could see him in the role, but only really as good as the current guy. I'd rather McKellan.

• Minion

i'm really looking forward to the new movie too. the last one was kind of a bummer
    i don't like michael gambon as dumbledore, he's a bit too hippyish and doesnt seem to care for the kids as much as richard harris character did. poor dead richard harris.

i think mike newell is a good director, at least he has better movies than alfonso cuaron did...

• Original Mice-Chatter

Ahh... Mr. Chips, okay. I guess I could see him in the role, but only really as good as the current guy. I'd rather McKellan.
    While I could see McKellan in the role- I think he does not need to play anymore wizards-
    Gambon is growing on me a bit- but nothing like Harris. He WAS Dumbledore.

I get this unhappy feeling whenever I consider any more of the actors not finishing the movies- there is no Hagrid without Robbie Coltrain, Rupert, Dan and Emma ARE Ron Harry and Hermione. I just shudder to think of the movies without them-

You know, they'd better get on it then, because those kids are growing up! I'd hate to see the films finished with other actors as well!

• Minion

i think that harry is growing into his role, as well as the other kids. and ya know the older actors will always look like that so no need to worry about them.

hey did ya'll notice in the book that Slughorn called Ron, Rupert??? i DIED laughing.

• Original Mice-Chatter

i think that harry is growing into his role, as well as the other kids. and ya know the older actors will always look like that so no need to worry about them.

hey did ya'll notice in the book that Slughorn called Ron, Rupert??? i DIED laughing.

where?

• Puppy Cuddles

Wow, I totally didn't notice that! Nice read! Wasn't it when he was meeting Hermione for the first time? And by the way, what other films did the new director do. I had great confidence in CUron because The Little Princess was just so fantastically done. I'll admit he let me down, but the new director's name doesn't sound familiar at all.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

Good catch! I didn't pick up on that, but it's funny! I hope they keep that in the filmed version!

• Minion

yeah it's when slughorn first meets hermione outside of class. i can just visualize them in the corridors but i don't know what exact page.

mike newell did Mona Lisa Smile (kinda a bummer), 4 Weddings and A Funeral, Donnie Brasco. just to name a few...

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast