Gratuities on the Disney Magic

I have taken several cruises with the DCL, and gratuities have always been included in the fare. I recently recieved documentation for my next cruise, and there are documents that make it appear that gratuiutes are no longer included. Does anyone have any information on this?

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Re: Gratuities on the Disney Magic

Hi Nczerks and welcome to MiceChat. I just took a cruise on the Wonder this month and the tips were included in my package only because we booked with a travel industry discount (my husband flies with JetBlue). But upon reading books and websites about the cruise, I realized that besides my package, tips were not included. There is information out there on how much to tip each person.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I was wondering whether or not it was dependant on who you booked with. But I have always booked the same way. I am a cast member and have always booked through our cast system. I think that I am just going to call the DCL offices to find out.

Thanks for your welcome to the micechat community. I've been observing for a long time and finally joined.

Our gratuities were not included when we sailed on the Magic. Similar to our past cruises, we established the gratuity at the end of the trip.
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

• Banned User

I think tips were included in cms rates from what i was told recently. I would check though. I am taking the repo cruise in may and I believe tips add up to roughly 11 bucks a day. they can be prepaid when you pay your fare now or they can be added to your room account at the end of the cruise if you prefer not to pay with cash. I am really looking forward to my cruise, hope you enjoy yours.