Hannah Montana Concert Review - Minneapolis, MN

Last night the Best of Both Worlds Tour paid a visit to Target Center in Minneapolis, MN. With all due respect to Hannah, as the Jonas Brothers descended from the ceiling to the song Kids of the Future it was beyond obvious that this was closer to a double-bill than your average headliner and opening act type show. Since day one they’ve labeled their style as being music on Red Bull and that is exactly what they delivered. Even more interesting was the fact it was just a year and a half ago that Joe, Nick and Kevin played across the street for less than 50 people. My have the times changed as the masses responded to the cues of the Jonas Brothers. They cranked through their hits S.O.S., Hold On and Goodnight and Goodbye while fans screamed hysterically.

During a short intermission, videos were played featuring top Radio Disney artists with the rare exception of the song Hey There Delilah by the Plain White T’s. Is airplay just around the corner for this ‘Disney’ (Hollywood Records) act that up until now has been blacklisted?

Finally the time came for Miley to take the stage as Hannah Montana and it was really good. Most noticeable was that she’s much more confident on the stage and comfortable than she was during the shows she did last summer. Plus her new tracks Rock Star and Old Blue Jeans were just the right recipe to get everyone moving. In addition to the music, it was obvious there was significant work put into the production - video walls, pyrotechnics, choreography and wardrobe was complete. In fact, the director of the show Kenny Ortega was on hand in an undisclosed location at the arena taking notes on the performance. The hits kept coming Pumpin Up The Party, I Got Nerve and more. Then the Jonas Brothers joined Hannah on stage for a rocking rendition of We Got The Party. The guys mentioned they’d be playing a few songs as Miley got ready for her solo set. Their set included When You Look Me In The Eyes and Year 3000. Shortly Miley took the stage in a new wardrobe and music from Meet Miley Cyrus. During this time it was ironic that as several hundred defective light sticks began dying so was the show. (In fact, each merch table featured boxes of returned defective light sticks). While the performances were great, the Miley set mirrored what it's like to see a popular band from years past that insists on only playing new music during the concert and avoiding their hits that the fans came to see. Crowd participation took a serious dive with songs like East Northumberland High and Let's Dance and not until her last solo song G.N.O did the audience show any emotion to the tracks. She finished with the anthem <em>Best of Both Worlds</em> and her encore featured an acoustic performance of I Miss You. While just about everyone left happy, the solo songs didn’t deserve the time given them especially considering the fact that several hits, such as Just Like You, If We Were A Movie, This Is The Life and of course the mega hit Who Said were not included on the set list.

www.tommy2.net

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Re: Hannah Montana Concert Review - Minneapolis, MN

Thanks for the review. My girls are sooooo looking forward to the show. Seattle 10/29.

• Banned User

I'd love to see it my self.
    I here it's so great even male fans cvome!
    dude

• I was deleted.

I can't believe I missed this review when you posted it Tommy2. Thanks for sharing this - your reviews are always great.

• Creative Director

Did she even sing live?

sounds like it was a kwl show. i like th JB. and i have saw HM on disney a few times!

• Banned User

Four words: Computer Remixed Lip Syncing.