Adventures by Disney

Has anyone ever participated in an "Adventure by Disney"?

If so, can you please share your experiences and opinions as we are considering trying one.
    Some questions I would particularly like to be addressed:

1) Did you think it was suitable for a teenager and small children?

2) Obviously it is priced higher than what it would cost to organize the trip by yourself, but did you think it was worth it?

Thanks so much!

Re: Adventures by Disney

Sorry mods just realized I posted this in the wrong place...

• Minion

I suggest Adventures by Disney if you don't really want to spend the money on a travel agent, and if you have ever booked a package through one of the resorts and like the services it bought. My firend went to I believe France, and she thought it was great, and Disney really does take care of you.
    Jeff Wayne

Thanks for the quick response Jeff!

Can you give me some details also? What did it entail that made it worth the extra money? Was the tour guide helpful? How did it feel to be with other people on "your" vacation and did it seem too scheduled or did you have free time?

Thanks so much for helping address my concerns!

• Minion

I'm not too sure with exacts, but she was a Cast Member and believe got a discount on her package. Here is a nice review http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/scott_...9/21/5843.aspx that also may be helpfull. She did say it was worth the money and that is took allot of planning out of it, and she was able to just enjoy the sights.
    Jeff Wayne

• U. B. Bold

While working as a Jeep tour guide in Sedona Arizona, I've had the great fortune of being involved with Adventures by Disney. The CMs are great (Tiffany, Mike? You out there?), the guests are fantastic (mostly Disney fans and their families), and the itineraries are fun, educational and well planned.

If you want a vacation with an extra bit of Disney Magic, you can't go wrong with Adventures by Disney.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder View Post
    While working as a Jeep tour guide in Sedona Arizona, I've had the great fortune of being involved with Adventures by Disney. The CMs are great (Tiffany, Mike? You out there?), the guests are fantastic (mostly Disney fans and their families), and the itineraries are fun, educational and well planned.

If you want a vacation with an extra bit of Disney Magic, you can't go wrong with Adventures by Disney.
    Tiffany is not on here, but I have known her since my days on the WFJC...

I'll pass the praise along, I know she'll appreciate it.
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

If you go to the website (I believe it's ABD.Disney.com) you can look through the day-to-day itinerary for any of the trips. It shows how many activities there are in a day, there are usually one or two nights where they do Disney movies for the kids while the adults can have adult time, one of the days where the kids go on a "junior adventure" while the adults do the things the kids wouldn't have fun at (my favorite of these is the Paris trip where the adults take a walking tour of the Louvre while the kids play junior art detective elsewhere in the museum.), and even which meals are provided in big groups vs. which meals are set up for you to go off on your own. The website is really top-class.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Thank you everyone for the replies!

We are going to look into it some more and if we decide to go for it I'll be sure to post a packed trip report!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

We ordered the information from them a few months ago. You get a HUGE book describe day by day intineraries, much like the web site, with some great photos. It's something that we are interested in looking into in the next year or two.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• U. B. Bold

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    We ordered the information from them a few months ago. You get a HUGE book describe day by day intineraries, much like the web site, with some great photos. It's something that we are interested in looking into in the next year or two.
    Hehe. I'm on the DVD that comes with that (for about 2 seconds). I'm the cowboy in the southwestern part.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.