Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ABC's INVASION

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

ABC's INVASION

Coming Soon:
    Invasion
    For centuries, man has searched the skies for signs of intelligent life, but to no avail. What if the explanation lay in the fact that aliens were already here -- already among us? And what if all of the natural disasters we've been experiencing of late were smokescreens designed to mask something far more ominous? When yet another devastating hurricane threatens Florida, temporarily cutting off a small town at the edge of the Everglades, U.S. Park Ranger Russell Poole takes heroic measures to keep both the town's citizens and his family safe. In the middle of the violent storm, his young daughter is the only one to see small lights floating towards the water, seemingly unaffected by the vicious winds. At the time he thinks nothing of her claim, but begins to suspect that something may indeed be amiss when his missing ex-wife is found naked, with no memory of what happened during the storm. As the tiny town struggles to recover while his nemesis, the Sheriff, quarantines the entire area, Poole begins to investigate the strange goings on, unwittingly beginning a fight for the survival of the human race.

BRIEF HISTORY:
    Executive-produced by Shawn Cassidy.

STARS:
    William Fichtner as Sheriff Underlay
    Eddie Cibrian as Russell
    Kari Matchett as Mariel
    Lisa Sheridan as Larkin
    Tyler Labine as Dave
    Alexis Dziena as Kira
    Evan Peters as Jesse
    Ariel Gade as Rose

Bill is a good friend of mine's best friend, you've all seen him in films such as Armaggeddon, The Perfect Storm, The Longest Yard, Pearl Harbor, Albino Alligator, The Underneath and most recently in HBO's Empire Falls.
    Please check out INVASION this fall!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Re: ABC's INVASION

INVASION - series premiere September 21st
    Looks like it will follow LOST, slipping into the coveted lead-in spot occupied last season by ALIAS, which moves to Thursdays and returns 9/29.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Re: INVASION following LOST

'Invasion' follows on 'Lost' trail
    By Gary Levin, USA TODAY Thu Jul 28

ABC downplays comparisons with Lost, but its new Wednesday companion series, Invasion, owes a debt of gratitude to the trail blazed by last season's hit mystery thriller.

"Lost changed the climate for shows that don't answer questions at the end of every episode," says Shaun Cassidy, the singer-turned-producer behind Invasion. The series is about the aftermath of a hurricane in a small Florida town.

Like Lost, Invasion focuses on its characters - a sheriff (William Fichtner), a park ranger (Eddie Cibrian), his ex-wife, a TV reporter - but adds a backdrop about unexplained phenomena that afflict the townsfolk and their response to it.

Cassidy won't confirm the alien angle - "the world we're exploring is much bigger than people initially believe"- but views the show as an allegory.

"We're living in an aftermath world," he says. "We're living in a society where a lot of things have been taken away from us for our own protection. Who's the good guy, and who's the bad guy? If we're doing our job right, the audience may not know the answer."

Fichtner has questions of his own. "At this point now, I'm just wondering why I have webbed feet."

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

This show looks positively awesome. I got the shivers during the commercial when the mom is tucking the little girl in bed and the little girl says, "Mommy? You smell different." Looks just great, can't wait til it starts!
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

That was super creepy, huh! Can't wait!

• Disney Memory Maker

This show looks so cool. It will be a seamless transition from Lost and most critics have named this show most-likely-to-get-a-renewel. And man, that wife is so creepy. Wednesdays are easily going to be my favorite night in television with both LOST and INVASION.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Television.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

ABC halts promotion of hurricane TV drama
    September 1, 2005 19:23:34
    LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Citing sensitivity over the real-life disaster unfolding on the U.S. Gulf Coast, broadcaster ABC has pulled its promotions for a drama series about a family coping with a fictional hurricane.

ABC executives decided that hurricane references in promotions for "Invasion," set to premiere on September 21, might be upsetting or offensive to viewers because of the devastation wreaked by Hurricane Katrina, a network spokesman said on Thursday.

"The promos were pulled for sensitivity reasons. The plan is to put them back on when it feels appropriate to do so," the network spokesman said.

He said delaying launch of the show was still possible but for now ABC plans to debut it as scheduled this month.

The series opens with a powerful hurricane that hits the town of Homestead, Florida, ushering in a series of unexplained phenomenon that suggest the storm may have been a smokescreen for some type of alien invasion.

Homestead was the real-life community leveled in August 1992 by Hurricane Andrew, which before Katrina ranked as the most costly disaster in U.S. history.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Disney Memory Maker

I hope they don't delay the launch. This looks like a great show. And you know what, it was made before the hurricane...so people need to get over the fact that it has a hurricane in it. Sorry if this comes off a bit rude, but this is the perfect lead out to Lost.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

SHAWN CASSIDY- EXEC PRODUCER?....WOW. So thats where he has been hiding.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Hiding in plain sight as it were, from IMDB:

Writer - filmography (2000s) (1990s)

"Invasion" (2005) TV Series (creator) (writer)
    "The Mountain" (2004) TV Series (teleplay) (episode 1.01 "Pilot") (writer) (episode 1.02 "Unbroken")
    "The Agency" (2001) TV Series (writer)
    "Cover Me: Based on the True Life of an FBI Family" (2000) TV Series (creator) (writer)
    ... aka Cover Me (USA: short title)
    "Hollyweird" (1998) (TV) (creator)
    "Players" (1997) TV Series (creator)
    "Roar" (1997) TV Series (creator)
    "American Gothic" (1995) TV Series (creator)
    Midnight Run for Your Life (1994) (TV) (written by)
    Strays (1991) (TV) (written by)

Producer - filmography (2000s) (1990s)

"Invasion" (2005) TV Series (executive producer) (producer)
    "The Mountain" (2004) TV Series (executive producer)
    "Cold Case" (2003) TV Series (executive producer)
    "The Agency" (2001) TV Series (executive producer)
    The Agency (2001) (TV) (executive producer)
    "Cover Me: Based on the True Life of an FBI Family" (2000) TV Series (executive producer)
    ... aka Cover Me (USA: short title)
    "Hollyweird" (1998) TV Series (executive producer)
    Hollyweird (1998) (TV) (producer)
    "Roar" (1997) TV Series (executive producer) (1997)
    "American Gothic" (1995) TV Series (producer) (supervising producer)
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Hey guys, watch for the INVASION promos tonight, the show will be premiering next week following LOST!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

After LOST, Please remember the words of the great Larry Sanders: No Flipping!!!
    'Invasion' richly blends sci-fi, family
    By Robert Bianco, USA TODAY

Settle in.
    Artfully conceived and skillfully executed, Invasion is not just the best pilot of the season, it's also the best broadcast premiere since Lost. Which is only fitting, since this beautifully shot and scored sci-fi take on life in an age of uncertainty arrives as an ideal companion piece for ABC's Emmy winner and another burst forward in the network's creative surge.

Some viewers doubtless will find the show's hook untimely and troubling: A hurricane sweeps through a small Florida Everglades town, changing the lives of everyone in its wake. But Invasion is not a disaster movie. It's a cleverly wrought allegory about the "survival of the fittest" in the aftermath of disaster and, for the show's central characters, divorce.

Created by Shaun Cassidy, this expertly cast series is built around two interlocking stepfamilies.

Our hero is Russell (Eddie Cibrian), a divorced park ranger who is expecting a child with his new wife, Larkin (Lisa Sheridan). He also has two children with his ex-wife, Mariel (Kari Matchett), who is now married to the town's sheriff (William Fichtner, a master at actorly ambiguity).

Invasion ABC, Wednesday, 10 ET/PT * * * * out of four

As the storm approaches, Russell and Mariel's two children are in the care of Larkin's conspiracy-nut brother, Dave (Tyler Labine). Dave thinks the storm is a smoke screen for something worse, and he's right: Weird lights are being carried by the onrushing winds.

With admirable speed, Invasion introduces its main characters and then scatters them, putting each in a different peril. Some are trapped in a house; some are stuck on a road; and one, Mariel, is missing. She's eventually found, but she's no longer the same. The storm left her distant and disoriented — and she's not the only one — though being beautiful and a woman, she is the only one who is shot naked.

You may be thinking Invasion should come with "of the body snatchers" attached, but the producers caution against assuming too much. A feeling of dread pervades the hour, but everything is susceptible to multiple interpretations, which is as it should be.

Tonight's pilot lays the groundwork for what could be a fabulous series, one that blends supernatural adventure with down-to-earth, complex family dynamics.

Clearly, like Lost, Invasion is layered in secrets: Peel one off, and a new one reveals itself. Those kinds of shows are notoriously hard to maintain, but all we can ask of a pilot is that it create a world and draw us in, and Invasion does so in sterling fashion.

What comes next is the aftermath, and we all know that's the hard part.

• Circle of Ancients

Cool. I set the DVR to record this. The soonest I will be able to watch it is Monday.

Sounds like a cool show.

• Man O Lantern

I've been an Eddie Cibrian fan since he was a jerk bully on Young and the Restless a billion years ago. And Wiliam Fichter. I actually seek him out...he's amazing. Usually, I think he's super sexy. Unfortunately....he's super creepy on this show!

Invasion was second banana to Lost to me this week, but I was psyched up for it all summer and I wasn't disappointed.

I think almost TOO much happened in the pilot, but the reviews were right on. It's well-acted and the family is complex and real. I can't wait to see where it's all going. I'll definitely be tuning in each week!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast