Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Infinitized!

Re: X-FILES 2 Begins Production Dec 10.

First pics of Mulder and Scully back together again!!

http://i.usatoday.net/life/_photos/2008/01/17/xfilesx-large.jpg
    http://www.mania.com/content_pics/31724_large.jpg

Story from USA Today:
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...-x-files_N.htm

First look: 'X-Files' returns to theaters, minus alien mythology

By Scott Bowles, USA TODAY
    LOS ANGELES — The sequel is out there.
    The conspiracy theories will not be.
    Ten years after the first film and six years after the show went off the air, The X-Files returns to theaters with Fox Mulder, Dana Scully — and a lot riding on the bet that fans want more of the FBI's paranormal-investigating agents.

The film, which remains without a formal title, will dump the long-running "mythology" plotline — that aliens live among us and are part of a colonizing effort — that made it one of the most popular television shows in the late 1990s but ultimately drove away some viewers who found it too complex and ambiguous.

"We spent a lot of time on (the mythology) and wrapped up a lot of threads" when the show went off the air in 2002, says Chris Carter, creator of the series and director of the new movie. "We want a stand-alone movie, not a mythology conspiracy one."

That will come as welcome news to fans of the show's stand-alone episodes, which included cults, ghosts, psychics and ancient curses.
    Carter refuses to divulge any plot points of the movie, but says he wanted to make the film immediately after the show ended. A contractual dispute with 20th Century Fox kept it on the shelf until the case was settled out of court.

He says the delay may turn out to be a blessing.
    "There's a whole audience I want to introduce X-Files to," Carter says. "There were kids who couldn't watch it on TV because it was too scary. Now they're in college. I wanted a movie that everyone could go to."
    Whether they will could be a test of the show's legacy, says Blair Butler of the G4TV network, which caters to video-game enthusiasts and science-fiction fans.

"At its strongest, it had really creepy stand-alone episodes," she says. "They turned it into a great franchise. But a lot of years have passed. We'll see if it's fallen off the radar."

She says the film could benefit from an ironic twist: the Writers Guild strike.
    "I think it could be a sort comfort food for the people who loved how original the show was and aren't seeing original TV now," she says.
    But Carter believes they'll be drawn by something else: the show's stars, David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson.

"For me, The X-Files has always been a romance," he says. "They had an intellectual romance that's very rare and restrained compared to so many relationships on TV. I think that's what appealed most to the fans. And they're back."
    Last edited by sir clinksalot; 01-17-2008 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Removed Hot-Link

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

All I gotta say is: IT'S ABOUT BLOODY TIME!!! I asked Chris Carter back in 99 when we'd see another movie and he said "soon." Uhh... almost a decade is NOT soon!! But I know... it was beyond his control apparently.

I can't wait!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Circle of Ancients

Dude, those pics gave me chills. I can't wait!!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Collapse the waveform

The film, which remains without a formal title, will dump the long-running "mythology" plotline — that aliens live among us and are part of a colonizing effort — that made it one of the most popular television shows in the late 1990s but ultimately drove away some viewers who found it too complex and ambiguous.
    Is this really true?

The story arc shows were pretty much all I was watching the show for. The monster of the week shows were mostly pretty dull. Kind of amusing sometimes, but really just filler in between the arc shows.
    Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

• Infinitized!

X-Files Spoiler Pics Here:
    http://joblo.com/excl-x-files-set-pics
    **Warning** They are spoilers and reveal what the movie's story line may be about.

Pretty cool though. I'm really looking forward to this movie.

• Infinitized!

New pic:

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

"The X-Files 2" Gets Score by Mark Snow

Feb 26, 2008, 0:42PM

Composer Mark Snow has confirmed to Upcoming Film Scores that he has signed on to score The X-Files 2, the sequel to the 1998 feature film that followed the phenomenally successful sci-fi TV series. The film is directed by X-Files creator Chris Carter, who has worked extensively with Mark Snow not only on X-Files, but also on TV series Millennium, Harsh Realm and The Lone Gunmen. Sixty-one-year old Snow, who probably is the most prolific composer in television music, has received six Emmy nominations for his X-Files music. His latest feature film score, which came out last year, was a completely different type of project: a collaboration with French veteran director Alain Resnais on his romantic drama Private Fears in Public Places. It resulted in a César Award nomination for the composer. The X-Files 2 is scheduled to premiere on July 28, distributed by 20th Century Fox.
    http://www.filmmusicmag.com/radionew...-Snow-527.html

"If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

•   
    • Senior Minion

I wish July 25th would just hurry up and get here!

Not a lot of new info posted in the yahoo link below but it did renew my interest in the upcoming movie.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080327/...Zr.RLYaKVX24cA

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

'X-Files' fans still in the dark

Carter keeps quiet on film at Paley event

By Brian Lowry
    Variety
    Posted: Thurs., Mar. 27, 2008, 10:29am PT

'The X-Files'

Other than seeing the trailer (twice), fans of "The X Files" didn't learn much about the upcoming movie from Chris Carter at Wednesday's Paley Center event, except perhaps that the timing was dictated by 20th Century Fox saying, as the series creator put it, "Now or never."

As moderator, Variety's Cynthia Littleton was the only woman on stage along with a dozen men ("We did hire women on this show," Carter noted at the outset) that included producers, directors and series cast members Mitch Pileggi, Nic Lea and Dean Hagland.

Addressing his absence since the series ended, Carter said he "needed a break from the whole experience, which was all-consuming." He also offered some insight into the whole "Trust No One" mindset embodied by the show, saying that the writers made up the mythology as they went along and that he didn't believe in elaborate story "bibles" for series. "If you have a bible, they can give it to somebody else and fire you," he said.

Regarding the movie, which will be released in July, Carter wouldn't divulge the title (he's apparently still wrestling with Fox about that) but did say that the plot would mark the six-year span since the series ended and offer some insight into that strange baby that Scully (Gillian Anderson) birthed during the show's run.

Among the night's playful jockeying among the participants Haglund, one of "The Lone Gunmen" on the show, purposely screwed up a reference to Lea's current ABC Family series "Kyle XY" calling it "Kyle KY." Pileggi, who played FBI Asst. Director Skinner, also expressed chagrin that he wasn't included in the next chapter of "X-Files" lore. "You guys did another movie?" he asked.

Notably, the enthusiastic crowd -- which whooped and hollered at the trailer -- applauded for only one other series in the montage for this year's Paley event: "Buffy the Vampire Slayer."
    http://www.variety.com/index.asp?lay...117982996&cs=1
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

The X Files Sequel Teaser Poster
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=43457

The first poster for the X-Files sequel hits theaters today. And there's one striking thing: still no title.

At the moment, it's Untitled X-Files Motion Picture.

Producers are mum about everything surrounding the July 25 film, though we do know David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson return as agents Mulder and Scully, and they'll be chasing monsters, not aliens.

"We, from the beginning, didn't want anything to spill about what the movie is about," says Frank Spotnitz, the film's co-writer and co-producer.

Fans be warned. He says they're taking a cue from Ashton Kutcher, punking the paparazzi to lead fans astray. "Some of the paparazzi photos have been staged by us."
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/2008-03...terstitialskip
    Last edited by ALIASd; 03-28-2008 at 10:08 AM.

• Circle of Ancients

X-Files' movie title is out there: `I Want to Believe'

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080416/..._x_files_title

LOS ANGELES - The truth is finally out there about the new "X-Files" movie title
    The second big-screen spinoff of the paranormal TV adventure will be called "The X-Files: I Want to Believe," Chris Carter, the series' creator and the movie's director and co-writer, told The Associated Press.

Distributor 20th Century Fox signed off on the title Wednesday.

The title is a familiar phrase for fans of the series that starred David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson as FBI agents chasing after aliens and supernatural happenings. "I Want to Believe" was the slogan on a poster Duchovny's UFO-obsessed agent Fox Mulder had hanging in the cluttered basement office where he and Anderson's Dana Scully worked.

"It's a natural title," Carter said in a telephone interview Tuesday during a break from editing the film. "It's a story that involves the difficulties in mediating faith and science. `I Want to Believe.' It really does suggest Mulder's struggle with his faith."

"I Want to Believe" comes 10 years after the first film and six years after the finale of the series, whose opening credits for much of its nine-year run featured the catch-phrase "the truth is out there."

Due in theaters July 25, the movie will not deal with aliens or the intricate mythology about interaction between humans and extraterrestrials that the show built up over the years, Carter said.

Instead, it casts Mulder and Scully into a stand-alone, earth-bound story aimed at both serious "X-Files" fans and newcomers, he said.

"It has struck me over the last several years talking to college-age kids that a lot of them really don't know the show or haven't seen it," Carter said. "If you're 20 years old now, the show started when you were 4. It was probably too scary for you or your parents wouldn't let you watch it. So there's a whole new audience that might have liked the show. This was made to, I would call it, satisfy everyone."

Hardcore fans need not worry that the movie will be going back to square one, though, Carter said. The movie will be true to the spirit of the show and everything Mulder and Scully went through, he said.

"The reason we're even making the movie is for the rabid fans, so we don't want to insult them by having to take them back through the concept again," Carter said.

Carter said he settled on "I Want to Believe" from the time he and co-writer Frank Spotnitz started on the screenplay. It took so long to go public with it because studio executives wanted to make sure it was a marketable title, he said.

The filmmakers have kept the story tightly under wraps to prevent plot spoilers from leaking on the Internet, a phenomenon that barely existed when the first movie came out in 1998.

"We went to almost comical lengths to keep the story a secret," Carter said. "That included allowing only the key crew members to read the script, and they had to read it in a room that had video cameras trained on them. It was a new experience."

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

X-Files: I Want to Believe, A Sneak Peek
    Special Events $12
    (90 mins)
    Sunday June 22 7PM

Star David Duchovny, Director/Writer Chris Carter, and screenwriter Frank Spotznik will show clips from the upcoming release and talk about the making of this highly anticipated sequel.

Moderator: Entertainment Weekly's senior writer Whitney Pastorak
    http://www.lafilmfest.com/tixSYS/200...Y&ShowShorts=Y

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Duchovny: 'X-Files' movie will show 'some skin'

For David Duchovny, the initial script reading Of The X-Files: I Want To Believe (opening July 25) with co-star Gillian Anderson “was more sentimental than our actual reunion" (over lunch just after the movie was becoming a reality), he tells TV Guide in the July 14 issue, on newsstands Thursday. "I realized that Gillian and I have changed over the years, but when you start reading these people, they haven’t. They are the same and they feel the same way about each other.”

What way is that, exactly? Duchovny grins.“There’s definitely some skin in this movie,” he tells TV Guide. “And not all of it is being flayed or ripped apart. There’s some Gillian skin, and some of mine.”
    The story is set in winter 2008, so it’s happening in real time, picking up with Mulder and Scully six years after we last saw them. “The emotional story of Mulder and Scully is really the heart of the movie,” says producer-writer Frank Spotnitz. “It’s about their love story.”
    http://blogs.usatoday.com/entertainment/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12