Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'HSM 3' moves ahead

Attention, Vanessa and Ashley. Report to the principal's office!

Sharpen your pencils and dust off your dancing shoes. East High may be back in session!

UsMagazine.com is reporting that Vanessa Hudgens and Ashley Tisdale will reprise their roles (Gabriella and Sharpay) in the new "High School Musical 3," the first of Disney's successful (to put it mildly) HSM movies to get a big-screen theatrical release. Click HERE to read their report.

After those nasty nude photos of VHud ended up on the Web, there were rumors that Disney might expel her from East High.

But Disney officials accepted her apology for what they called a "lapse in judgement" and -- sources close to both actresses told the magazine -- they've now reenrolled Hudgens and Tisdale with substantial salary increases. But Disney officials will not confirm the finalized contract or the moola.

So far, Zac Efron, Corbin Bleu and Monique Coleman aren't back on the class list. But it's probably only a matter of time -- and money -- before Disney locks them down too.

Expect the new movie -- set to start filming in January 2008 -- to follow the hoofin' high schoolers through their senior year, past prom, all the way to diploma day!

Watch out for that graduation cap, Zac. It can ruin a fringed 'do in no time flat.
    Photo credit: WireImage
    Last edited by ALIASd; 11-12-2007 at 04:40 PM.

• Banned User

Re: 'HSM 3' moves ahead

oh great...

• Mickey is not my Brother

At least they know this one will make money with the huge preteen following

• The Darkness to Light

I'm still a bit hesitent about the whole Big-Screen release, mostly because I work in the theatre and will bet Disney will try to time the release for the summer season.

But, then again, there's something about an industry strike going on? I'm surprised the script was green lit, since I heard that any script that wasn't wouldn't be made "for a while" after Halloween because of the SWG demanding more money among other things.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    I'm still a bit hesitent about the whole Big-Screen release, mostly because I work in the theatre and will bet Disney will try to time the release for the summer season.

But, then again, there's something about an industry strike going on? I'm surprised the script was green lit, since I heard that any script that wasn't wouldn't be made "for a while" after Halloween because of the SWG demanding more money among other things.

On the former:
    hopefully the demands on you and your metropolex ( & a few thousand others ) won't be too straining. The studio will work this moderately-budgeted release just as well as it does all the others struggling without benefit of an across-the-board audience. $$$ummertime!

On the latter:

Studios prep back-up plan: despite strike, many films ready to go - 10/31/07
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/studios_prep_back_up_plan-81975.html
    Last edited by ALIASd; 11-04-2007 at 09:54 AM.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• The Darkness to Light

Thanks for the link. I'm surprised they are actually going to make that many movies despite the strike, yet most of the titles and headlining actors still make me a bit hesitent.

Here's hoping I don't have to deal with a Hannah Montanna/HSM3 Back-to-Back month set up. If that happens, I'm never going to hear the end of it behind the concession counter or box office window.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

I'm surprised that Vanessa was one of the first to be signed.

Looks like Disney really is backing her and showing their full support.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

oh great....I am a Closet HSM fan....now I have to go into the public to watch it....time to get all my girlfriend together to go watch it...lol

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Yeti View Post
    I'm surprised that Vanessa was one of the first to be signed.

Looks like Disney really is backing her and showing their full support.
    This isn't that surprising:

Associated Press
    via The Hollywood Reporter
    Sept 8, 2007

NEW YORK -- The Walt Disney Co. is sticking with the 18-year-old star of its wildly successful "High School Musical" franchise, despite her "lapse in judgment" in posing for racy photos that were leaked to the Internet.

Vanessa Hudgens apologized Friday for the photos, which show her smiling as she posed naked and in underwear in a bedroom with a red curtain behind her.

"Vanessa has apologized for what was obviously a lapse in judgment," said Disney Channel spokeswoman Patti McTeague. "We hope she's learned a valuable lesson."

She said negotiations were ongoing to land all the actors for a "High School Musical 3" feature film -- including Hudgens.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...5c37c80b73c6ec

Expect to see more signings announcements over the next couple of weeks. It'll be interesting to see the "leaked" amount info of Zac Efron's pay-raise payday.

• Disney worshipper/geek

I'm not a HSM fan, by any means, but I love Zac Efron. He's adorable and really is the one who will go beyond this tween crud (which needs to stop!).

I hope he doesn't sign. It's obvious he's tired of this. It was his stepping stone and now he can move on to bigger and better things.

Plus, I just don't like Hudgens. She is in no way what Disney hsould be reinforcing. Her scandal should have been the death knell (is that how it's spelled?). I am very disappointed.

Also, like I said before, I'm tired of the "tween" market cr*p. It's, in many ways, just a starting point to shoving these kids into MTV and I don't like it. I know "it's a good family option blah blah blah" but why not just give the kids some real music? Let them have Yellow Submarine (it would be helpful if they would put the old Beatles cartoon on DVD). I know it's a matter of personal opinion, but I just feel that while it's "geared" toward families (like I'm sure Goofy's play area and Pooh's Playful Spot are *sarcasm*) but really ends up being for kids whose parents just dump them in front og the tv without caring what they are seeing, not only in terms of content, but of quality.

Sorry, this is just bugging me.
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Feel better?

• Banned User

Awesome news.

• Disney worshipper/geek

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Feel better?
    Until I have to be near anything like this again, then the rage and personal insult will resurface.

Also, just love your Sweeney Todd avater ALIASd. I will be at WDW when it comes out, so unfortunately my grandmother (who loves Johnny to the point where it's a little scary) might have to wait until I get home. If she can stand it. She forced my mother and I (like you really had to twist my arm) to see Dead Man's Chest at midnight, and she and I went to the preview showing of At world's End.

And I trust anything with Tim Burton and Johnny Depp together. can't go wrong!
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

• Don't Panic

Quote Originally Posted by sorceress1986 View Post
    I'm not a HSM fan, by any means, but I love Zac Efron. He's adorable and really is the one who will go beyond this tween crud (which needs to stop!).

I hope he doesn't sign. It's obvious he's tired of this. It was his stepping stone and now he can move on to bigger and better things.

Plus, I just don't like Hudgens. She is in no way what Disney hsould be reinforcing. Her scandal should have been the death knell (is that how it's spelled?). I am very disappointed.
    yeah, but she sent the pictures to Zac Efron so.......yeah...

anyway, in response to the title of the thread:
    WHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!

or, of course, the wonderful Darth Vader-esque:
    "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!"
    ------

------

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

November 15, 2007
    OK! Interview: Ashley Tisdale