• Practically Perfect

Post Where to get your 'Ratatouille' DVD?

Ratatouille come out on DVD tomorrow (11/6/07) and I thought I'd start a thread on where to get it!

Target:

Looks like Target will be releasing the DVD with a second Bonus Disc, containing 60 minutes of "never before seen footage."

The standard (one disc) edition in listed online for $15.99

Wal Mart:

One Disc listed for $15.87

They also have a 2 pack DVD containing: Food Network Cooking Fun For All Ages bonus DVD for $19.96

Best Buy

listed at $29.99 online

you also save $5 on their "Ratatouille Character Gift Set" of Ratatouille figurines. The regular price (pre-discount) is $9.99

Amazon

listed at $14.99 (plus Shipping)

So, if anyone here's of any other deals, lets us all know! Especially ones involving free stuff

I can't wait to pick mine up tomorrow!

OH! And before I forget, Pixar is also releasing their short films on DVD tomorrow. Here's the line up:
    1. "THE ADVENTURES OF ANDRE AND WALLY B."
    2. "LUXO JR."
    3. "RED'S DREAM"
    4. "TIN TOY"
    5. "KNICK KNACK"
    6. "GERI'S GAME"
    7. "FOR THE BIRDS"
    8. "MIKE'S NEW CAR"
    9. "BOUNDIN'"
    10. "JACK-JACK ATTACK"
    11. "ONE MAN BAND"
    12. "MATER AND THE GHOSTLIGHT"
    13. "LIFTED"

• Infinitized!

Re: Where to get your 'Ratatouille' DVD?

I read in a paper that HMV here in Canada has a sticker book available in limited quantities. Since our DVD prices here in Canada are still around $20 for new releases, I'm holding off until the new year in hopes that retailers start dropping prices due to out higher dollar now.

• Still lost in Neverland

I picked up the Pixar Shorts and Meet The Robinsons today at Best Buy, then went over to Target and got the two disc version for $15.99. Neither had the Spike Jones Legend DVD so I guess I have to get that one from Amazon. Be aware that the Target Special 2 dics set is NOT two discs side by side, but two discs in the regular package with a small sticker on the front that says it's exclusive to Target and there is a second disc included inside.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Banned User

I got my Ratatoille DVD from Target. I got both the Ratatouille and Cars Blu-Ray from Amazon. I almost got Meet the Robinsons and the Pixar shorts, but I didn't.

What are the differences between the Ratatouille Blu-Ray and DVD? Doesn't one have more features than the other?

And by the way, I LOVED "Your Friend the Rat."

• Still lost in Neverland

Bluy-Ray discs are one version of High Def DVD. The other is HD disc. You have to have a Blu Ray player and a HD TV in order to play them. They do have more stuff, but they also cost more. This is supposedly the new DVD now. The problem is, there is a format war between Blu Ray and HD formats, so a lot of people don't understand what is going on, or know and want only the winner, so they don't buy anything. Disney, Sony and a few other studios back Blu Ray, while Paramount, Dreamworks and other back HD. Warners and a couple others don't want to get involved so they release there discs in both formats. All also release the regular DVD version that will play on any DVD player. If you don't have a blu-ray DVD player, you won't be able to watch the Cars disc. And you do need a High Def TV set as well. Next year a Government ordered regulation will go into effect and everyone will be required to buy either a High Def TV set (Very expensive) or get a converter box if you only have a rooftop antenae, or subscribe to Digital Cable or Dish type service.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• no flash photography...

amazon comes up as free two day shipping with prime. I rented it first to see if I like it.

• Disney Night Owl

An online store called Future Shop also offered a limited tin that looked pretty neat too. Circuit City offered an apron and chef hat but I have no idea what kind of quality they are (paper, plastic, cloth?).

I decided to go with Target since I am a nut for bonus footage. I was surprised that Target was the store to have the best exclusive item.

On a side note, if you buy the new Pixar Short Films: Volume 1 DVD in addition to Ratatouille, there's an offer to mail away for free pins. I believe you get: Nemo, Buzz & Woody and Lightning McQueen (3 pins total) in the set.
    http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
    Always looking for new Disney friends.

• Practically Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Liz View Post
    On a side note, if you buy the new Pixar Short Films: Volume 1 DVD in addition to Ratatouille, there's an offer to mail away for free pins. I believe you get: Nemo, Buzz & Woody and Lightning McQueen (3 pins total) in the set.
    Yup. It's through the Disney Movie Rewards program. You enter both codes and then have the option of ordering the pins (Nemo, Buzz&Woody, Lightning McQueen are the three). You have to pay shipping (about $3.50), but that's it.