Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Do you mean sad as in "I feel so sorry for the characters because they have such a tragic life," or "This movie is pathetic and I feel sorry for the people who were forced to work on this film?"

Quote Originally Posted by Stare Girl
    The violent death of Simba's father gets to me more than Bambi's mother because he was a developed character.
    I's almost like the death of the father in Hamlet, isn't it? That's wierd. Almost like they planned for Lion King to be an adaptation of Hamlet...

• Zapp's Minion :D

It's between Bambi, Fox & the Hound and the Lion king.

• Rawr...

I'm not much of a crier, and I have cried at other movies listed here, but the one Disney movies that gets me all leaky is lilo and Stitch. I know, its not exactly a sad movie, but the fact that Stitch has no one to miss is extremely sad. What would you do if you had no one to think about? And when Lilo is being taken she says "dont leave me ok?" and stitch looks up hopelessly with his ears down and sais "ok.." ugh...Im tearing up just thinking about it!
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• -Going Retro-

Quote Originally Posted by Malibu Minion
    It's between Bambi, Fox & the Hound and the Lion king.
    Yep those would be my choices. If this was not just animation then my all time saddest Disney movie would be Old Yeller.

• Pirate Princess

Quote Originally Posted by lillas
    I can't believe how many of you consider Eisner movies to be anything comparable to the classics in any way, shape or form. Monsters Inc, Lion King, Brother Bear, and Hunchback, your standards have certainly been lowered. But what do you expect when generations are raised on Sesame Street, MTV and Sex and the City. I agree, Dumbo and Bambi pull at the heartstrings as only the "mother/child" relationship can, but what about Old Yeller? Tommy Kirk shooting his dog has to be the saddest Disney scene (and best live action acting) in the cannon. In most "comming of age" movies these days, the protagonist gains adulthood by either A. losing her virginity or B. fighting with dad. Like Bill Murry says in Stripes, "I cried my eyes out".
    We're all entitled to have our own opinions. You can't think a movie isn't emotionally good because its not a classic. Its not as if Eisner himself writes the movies.

If I recall correctly, no on has lost their virginity or fought with Dad in any of the movies considered sad in this thread. Meaning no disrespect, maybe I misunderstood your point?

P.S. I haven't seen Old Yeller, but from what I've heard about it, you're totally right: saddest thing in the world.
    "And don't underestimate the importance of BODY LANGUAGE!"

• Rawr...

We're all entitled to have our own opinions. You can't think a movie isn't emotionally good because its not a classic. Its not as if Eisner himself writes the movies.

If I recall correctly, no on has lost their virginity or fought with Dad in any of the movies considered sad in this thread. Meaning no disrespect, maybe I misunderstood your point?

P.S. I haven't seen Old Yeller, but from what I've heard about it, you're totally right: saddest thing in the world.
    I agree. A lot of these movies are good and shouldnt be judged (sp?) according to the classics. While some movies weren't the best, others were. Brother Bear sent a very strong message across, as well as others.
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• Senior Minion

Mine would be Fox and the Hound, Bambi, Fox and the Hound more so because of the scene described already.
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 02-14-2005 at 12:44 AM.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• I Hug My Tapirs

I gotta say, Brother Bear actually had me crying during the confession scene, and I don't cry easily during movies.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Banned User

I cried during the Incredibles because the movie was so amazingly bad.

• Infinitized!

I cry while watching any direct-to-video sequels, and I bet Walt is crying too!

• Zapp's Minion :D

I cry when Disney channel stars sing classic Disney songs

• Banned User

Or sing at all.

One time I was in a fairly sad mood to begin with, and I popped in Beauty and the Beast, and for some reason I could not stop crying throughout the whole thing!

originally posted by Littlemermaid

We're all entitled to have our own opinions.
    I agree, I was giving mine. How can you claim to be a Disney fan but have never seen Old Yeller?

• The Original Disney Doll

Quote Originally Posted by lillas
    originally posted by Littlemermaid

I agree, I was giving mine. How can you claim to be a Disney fan but have never seen Old Yeller?
    I didn't realize there were prerequisites to being a Disney fan and that having seen Old Yeller was one of them. I've never seen Old Yeller and quite frankly I don't want to. I don't like the Disney's live action movies from Yesteryear such as Parent Trap.

Anyways....to answer the question, The Lion King. Both when Mufasa dies and even more so when his spirit speaks to Simba.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast