Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• behind the curtain

I've never seen Old Yeller either.

Saddest Disney movie... I'd go with Beauty and the Beast... which is probably why I like it so much.

• Sock Puppet

to me the saddest moment

AS far as animation goes, Lady and the Tramp has the saddest scenes to me, because of my love for animals. The pound scene with all of the puppies crying and when they lead the one stray (you can just see his shadow as he is being led away on the wall) to his certain death. Also when Trusty is chasing the dog catcher wagon and then the wagon falls on him and his little companion, Scotty, is crying when they think Trusty is dead. Wow, the tears just came down my face and i am even getting mist eyed thinking about that scene.

Although this is not an animated sequence. another sad segment is the last film show Walt Disney explaining his EPCOT project and WDW too. It was filmed in October of 1966 and it is hard to accept that just two months later the founding father of Mickey MOuse and all of these unforgettable and loveable characters would succumb to cancer. December 15, 1966 was truly a sad day for the world. I was only 6 when Walt passed away, but to this day he will live on forever in my heart. Of all the great men and women who have made this world what it is today, Walt would be the first person I would love to shake hands with.

Glenn

I vote for Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo. Just kidding!

I'd have to vote for Pollyanna, but I'm the Glad Game Guy, so go figure.

• /sigh

Dumbo tougs on my heart strings everytime. (baby mine, don't you cry) *sniff*. But I thought Finding Nemo was quite touching as well. *sniff sniff*
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

Quote Originally Posted by lillas
    I can't believe how many of you consider Eisner movies to be anything comparable to the classics in any way, shape or form. Monsters Inc, Lion King, Brother Bear, and Hunchback, your standards have certainly been lowered. But what do you expect when generations are raised on Sesame Street, MTV and Sex and the City. I agree, Dumbo and Bambi pull at the heartstrings as only the "mother/child" relationship can, but what about Old Yeller? Tommy Kirk shooting his dog has to be the saddest Disney scene (and best live action acting) in the cannon. In most "comming of age" movies these days, the protagonist gains adulthood by either A. losing her virginity or B. fighting with dad. Like Bill Murry says in Stripes, "I cried my eyes out".
    Animated: I agree Dumbo. It is so sad. I always cry.

Live action: Old Yeller is still the top movie to make me cry. When he has to shoot his own beloved dog. Ohhhh! I'm getting weepy just thinking about it.

I know thi si silly but a weepy moment for me was during Fantasia 2000 during the "Pomp and Circumstance" feature, when Daisy and Donald think each other was left behind.

• all the fish is happy

The saddest movies for me have already been mentioned, but I just have to include this scene: Toy Story 2, When She Loved Me - I just get chills for that entire sequence, both because the song is so beautiful and watching Jessie get left at the Goodwill station is so saddddddd.

• Zapp's Minion :D

Quote Originally Posted by dizneedoll
    I didn't realize there were prerequisites to being a Disney fan and that having seen Old Yeller was one of them. I've never seen Old Yeller and quite frankly I don't want to. I don't like the Disney's live action movies from Yesteryear such as Parent Trap.
    Dito-

I have never seen Old Yeller either, why? Because I don't want to. I am Disney fan, I like Disney animation better than Live action.

• Disney Memory Maker

1) Saddest Movie: Tie between Monsters Inc (last scene) and Brother Bear

Quote Originally Posted by lillas
    But what do you expect when generations are raised on Sesame Street, MTV and Sex and the City.
    2)Wow, I never thought I'd here those three things in the same sentence. That's like saying Walt's generation was composed of Bambi, Playboy, and the Cold War.

3) Yes, TLK was based on Hamlet, just like TLK 2 was based on Romeo & Juliet

-Michael
    http://mfw.frandt.com

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Dumbo(baby mine)always makes me cry, when Mufasa dies, I cry, I cry during certain scenes in Lilo & Stitch. I'm a crier what can I say.

Old Yeller defintely for live action, most most defintely

Oh and I ALWAYS cry when I hear the music to Believe
    Last edited by dsnylndmom; 02-16-2005 at 05:03 PM. Reason: to add more cryfest

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• A Mimsy Borogrove

I agree Dumbo, Bambi, and Lion King have the best crying scenes. Those movies get to me EVERY time. Sad, isn't it?

I have had Bambi on VCR for 5 or 6 years now, but still haven't watched it as a I remember sobbing over it when I first saw it as a child.... so in my perception that's the saddest!

Most of the movies have a scene where I well up, Jungle Book, when Mowgli thinks Baloo is dead, Stitch being all alone, Brother Bear had two or three...

• Race Car Driver

The Fox and the Hound.......

• ...the legend

Blog Entries
    Umm, I just don't think Stitch, Fox/Hound, Beauty/Beast, Lion King are sad in the way Dumbo and Bambi are. Bambi's mom just disappears forever and he's left w/ a cold, distant father he never knew. And Dumbo...HE WAS JUST A BABY! Maybe it was because he didn't talk, but that baby being ripped from his mother...I remember utter grief and flowing tears watching her swing him in her trunk through the bars with that SAD, SAD "Baby Mine" playing. No sadness can compare in a Disney animated feature.
    As for live action: Old Yeller.
    Afterthoughts: The Jessie-being-donated scene: Yes, ouch, a definite heartstring puller and THANK YOU DISNEY for making it even harder for parents to get their kids to give up their old toys!

• keep moving forward...

i just wanted to thank everyone for theyre great replies (it was even enough to get on the highly exclusive round up article ok sure it was the last one mentioned but it is still pretty cool.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast