Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Story 3

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

Thumbs down Toy Story 3

A friend of mine has told me Toy Story 3 is in the works. Here is the plot summary he gave:

"It will be about all the Buzz Lightyears are being called back to Taiwan becausof something wrong with it or something. It is basically Toy story 2, only this time, Woody is the one that has to lead the toys to save Buzz."

Sounds awfully redundant / done-for-the money to me. I am not looking foward to this. You see, in Toy Story, Woody saved Buzz. In Toy Story 2, Buzz paid him back by saving Woody. So that's ENOUGH!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: Toy Story 3

Being called back to Taiwan? Oh lord! Can we PLEASE come up with some NEW ideas instead of beating the bajeezus out of an old one? I dunno, maybe a completely NEW movie with NEW characters instead of the same old ones? Just a thought.

• insufferable know-it-all

Would we be correct in guessing that this will be a Disney "dreck-to-video", and not a Pixar release?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Original Mice-Chatter

I'll believe it when I see it.

• Again! Again! Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    Would we be correct in guessing that this will be a Disney "dreck-to-video", and not a Pixar release?
    Probably not. I think TS3 was the last of the movies that Pixar and Disney were doing together. But who knows. The plot may sound redundant, but I'm sure we'll all see and think it's funny!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy4
    Probably not. I think TS3 was the last of the movies that Pixar and Disney were doing together. But who knows. The plot may sound redundant, but I'm sure we'll all see and think it's funny!
    No, right now it looks like Cars will be the final film Disney and Pixar work on together and Toy Story 3 was going to be made without Pixar, at least that was the plan. But just yesterday, imdb.com had a story saying that Bob Iger and Steve Jobs had started early talks to have Pixar continue to stay with Disney. If a deal is done, I would believe that any early work on a third Toy Story would be scrapped and the project will go to Pixar. But at this time, it looks like Disney and Pixar will unfortunatly part ways next year after the release of Cars.

I've found a great website for this topic called stoptoystory3.com, now they don't have much except for a pentition and a short interview with Brad Bird (The Incredibles) attacking Disney about the upcoming Toy Story sequel. Check it out! heres a link: stoptoystory3.com

• ROFLCOPTER

The Animation Studio that is doing this is NOT Pixar. It being made by a new CGI Studio with Disney. And to make it worse, Disney and Pixar are very close to a deal.
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• Disney Memory Maker

1) Circle 7 Animation is doing this (Disney's studio to make Pixar sequels)
    2) Read the very bottom of this article (ducks down so the food that Jim Hill-hating people are throwing at me won't hit me )
    3) Never judge a movie before it comes out
    4) For all who say that this is just a rehash of TS2, wasn't TS2 just a rehash of TS?

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• ROFLCOPTER

Good Article. I wasn't sure about the Incredibles, but that was a good movie. I have also heard that there making a Mosnster Inc. 2......
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I would not be surprised if the cassettes and DVD's for this film will be made in Taiwan too when it is released. LOL.

• ROFLCOPTER

You could find most ANY movie that is close to the release date in China as a bootleg!
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• Social Imagineer

Didn't Hanks and Allen refuse to lend their voices to TS3?

• On Autopilot

If they did then this is going to be the scariest movie I'll ever watch then...

Leave Toy Story alone! It's bad enough they're making the Little Mermaid into a Trilogy! Haven't we already killed all the psychotic beasts in the ocean already?

• Disney Memory Maker

No actors have confirmed or denied that they'd lend their voice to the film.

However, the givens are that Tim Allen most likely will provide his voice and John Ratzenberger will not. Anyone else is pure speculation/bluesky/rumor/etc. But as of right now, no one refused to lend their voice to TS3. Actually, now that I think of it, the one person who can not provide his voice is Jim Varney (slinky) for obvious reasons. Also, Hanks seems like he wants to do it. He told SciFi Wire "When is a TOY STORY 3, I'll be happy to talk to them about doing it. I do what they tell me on that series. Period. The end. Those people are very smart, and if they think that there is something there to do, [then there is]."

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast