Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jungle Cruise Movie Update

I was reading the boxofficemojo.com article with Dick Cook and I came across an interesting update regarding the Jungle Cruise movie. I personally thought that Disney wasn't going to go ahead with it, but I guess I was wrong!

Box Office Mojo: What is the theme of The Jungle Cruise movie?
    Dick Cook: There will be a family involved. The skipper will play a very important role. He'll be more of an Indiana Jones kind of guy, with a little Jack Sparrow in him, who's going to be able to take this family on an adventure that they never dreamed they were going to be on when they first got on board. In true Disney fashion, it will definitely have the adventure and the intensity—but also the heart and the fun. We hope we have a good outline of where we want to go and what we want to do with it in the next year.

Box Office Mojo: Do you have a script?
    Dick Cook: Not yet. It's being worked on. David Hoberman, whom we have asked to produce it, has been hard at work. He knows that it's a top priority for us—one that we're very, very excited about. It's a real tentpole [picture]. He'll deliver it and when he does, it will be something special.

Box Office Mojo: We know that the Jungle Cruise skipper will not be smoking cigarettes, but will he fire a gun?
    Dick Cook: Yes, he'll be able to have a gun but I can promise you he won't be smoking a cigarette.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/features/?id=2417&p=.htm

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Re: Jungle Cruise Movie Update

Yeah... this project is stalled because the strike. If the script was partially started pre-strike, it's going to be awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Yeah... this project is stalled because the strike. If the script was partially started pre-strike, it's going to be awhile.
    I'm not sure.

If the producer is writing it, the strike might not effect it.

• Infinitized!

I just hope the family involved is not the Evers family.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

i wana have hopes for this movie but it's hard

why does it matter if the skipper smokes or not?
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

Quote Originally Posted by thrax View Post
    i wana have hopes for this movie but it's hard

why does it matter if the skipper smokes or not?
    To answer your question, boxofficemojo asked Dick Cook about Disney's new anti-smoking policy in their entertainment. Here's another part of the article where he talks about that.

Box Office Mojo: How does banning smoking from its movies profit Walt Disney Pictures?
    Dick Cook: It doesn't profit us. Hopefully, it's another signal to families that—if there's any linkage at all, even the slightest, between seeing someone portrayed smoking and having a young person begin to smoke, we don't want to be a part of that. It's showing our social responsibility to families and individuals that [smoking is] a real scourge that kills people. If we can even do a small, tiny part of prohibiting that from starting, we've done a good thing.

Box Office Mojo: Will you omit Pinocchio smoking in future releases?
    Dick Cook: No. We're not taking away from anything that's already been done. We're not taking smoking away from Cruella in 101 Dalmations—that's just a part of it and that's history. We're not going to have smoking in a Disney movie going forward.

Box Office Mojo: Did any government official approach Disney or initiate any communications on the issue of movie content, such as cigarette smoking?
    Dick Cook: Not in particular. We've had a number of people over the years—both politicians and advocates—that have definitely hoped we would take this kind of stand and that we would do it. We felt like, since we weren't including smoking anyway, and we had internally talked about it, making the commitment wasn't a giant leap for us.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

From what I read and I understand is that smoking equals an R rating.

• World Famous Jungle Skip

i heard a whispering that tim allen is first in line to be the skipper. they want to make it a family comedy now because pirates has exhausted the action-adventure movie for disney, same reason the swiss family robinson remake was put on hold. not sure if thats true, just heard it. anyone else heard anything?
    I'm a Jungle Skip and I'm okay.
    I sleep all night and I work all day.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Yeti View Post
    I'm not sure.

If the producer is writing it, the strike might not effect it.
    Hoberman is not a screenwriter, just a producer, but he'll bring in the writer's once the strike is over to move this along. Similar to the 'Swiss Family Robinson' film situation.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bangarang View Post
    i heard a whispering that tim allen is first in line to be the skipper.
    If Tim gets the part I wont see the movie. Not that he's a bad actor, he's just doesn't interest me. on the other hand this could be the film that serges him back into popularity.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Sir.Mouse View Post
    If Tim gets the part I wont see the movie. Not that he's a bad actor, he's just doesn't interest me. on the other hand this could be the film that serges him back into popularity.
    He'd seem a bit old to ride through what could be a new franchise, I'd imagine a younger actor, more of a Ryan Reynolds-ish personally.

Allen's popularity would seem to be fine coming off of this year's hit, 'Wild Hogs'..
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Tim Allen is in one of my favorite movies of all time. Galaxy Quest. But Ryan Reynolds, hi, he's hot!

• Minion

Ryan Reynolds now there's some one I could watch on the big screen!yeah!!

• World Famous Jungle Skip

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    He'd seem a bit old to ride through what could be a new franchise, I'd imagine a younger actor, more of a Ryan Reynolds-ish personally.

Allen's popularity would seem to be fine coming off of this year's hit, 'Wild Hogs'..
    But he isnt the right kind of funny for the skip. he needs to be, like most of the skips are, young and think they are very cocky/witty and think they really are funny. thats what we show to the guests. tim allen is funny because he screws up a la home improvement. that was best suited for him because it was about being a real guy and all the comedy of when he screws up. skips are corny, not stupid. i agree with ryan reynolds, or maybe zach braff if he can pull off heroic and not seem rediculous. or rupert grint if he can tear himself away from the potter franchise to shoot another film between potter 6 and 7.
    I'm a Jungle Skip and I'm okay.
    I sleep all night and I work all day.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Okay just thinking a skipper in this movie needs to be a guy you could kinda' see working as a skipper at Disneyland.... So someone like yeah Zach Braff or Ryan Reynolds or Zach Quintos (but he can just be casted in everything...).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast