Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Making my own Mousekteers

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean "4"?

I totally agree with the prequil idea. That's one way we won't have to deal with the sickly romantic stories.. besides there is a wealth of material. What did Jack and Beckett do to each other? How did Barbossa engineer the mutiny on the Pearl? What sunk the Pearl so that Jack had to make that deal with Davy Jones. I hope they wait for a worthy script though. With all the projects that Depp and Verbinski are working on it will probably be a while before they could get to a POTC4 anyway. By that time I'll be jonesing for a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Queentitania19 View Post
    I totally agree with the prequil idea. That's one way we won't have to deal with the sickly romantic stories.. besides there is a wealth of material. What did Jack and Beckett do to each other? How did Barbossa engineer the mutiny on the Pearl? What sunk the Pearl so that Jack had to make that deal with Davy Jones. I hope they wait for a worthy script though. With all the projects that Depp and Verbinski are working on it will probably be a while before they could get to a POTC4 anyway. By that time I'll be jonesing for a new one.
    I think the problem with a prequel idea is that Disney has already decided to cover all this information in the Pirates Online game, so I doubt they'd be quick to cover this in another film in lieu of another original script.

• Making my own Mousekteers

Well, they published a book with all the plotlines of the third movie before it came out and that didn't stop them. Whether they do a prequel or sequel could possibly come down to whether they can get Bloom back. I've heard rumors that he wasn't exactly thrilled at the idea.

• Minion

Well, they published a book with all the plotlines of the third movie before it came out and that didn't stop them. Whether they do a prequel or sequel could possibly come down to whether they can get Bloom back. I've heard rumors that he wasn't exactly thrilled at the idea.
    Don't think Orlando Bloom will be the deciding factor... allowing some time to pass, and then seeing if Depp and possibly Rush are still interested. Plus, those guys will likely only do it if the script actually works. Time will tell.

Talking Re: Pirates of the Caribbean "4"?

I would bet that the script was written first and that book was based off the movie, not the other way around.

The problem with the game is that this story is already established, and if they decide to make the movie about it, is there the potential to make an entire movie about it or there's also the possibility of how people would complain if you begin to make alterations to that story.

I think Disney would want to leave that back story somewhat of a mystery in terms of the movies.

As for Orlando Bloom, I've heard different things. More than likely, he wasn't against the idea for Pirates 4, but he wanted to take some time off from that since he was asked about this when he had just come off of the non-stop shoot for Pirates 2 & 3.

• Golden State of Mind

one of the greatest trilogies of all time......lets keep it that way!
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Golden State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    By the time they actually make another one it won't be buzzkill. I'm sure Indiana Jones was tapped out by the time of 3, but now I'm really looking forward to the new one.
    now that i read that.....it makes me wonder i am looking forward to the new movie too hmmm.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    I don't think they should. The third film kinda pushed things close to pirate over kill in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    If POTC 4 does come out there won't be a buzzkill for me.
    You have to remember, the 2nd and 3rd movies came out one year after another so of course everyone got a little sick of Pirate mania. I honestly would love to see a 4th film but only if they have a great script and they give us at least 6 years between the 3rd & 4th films.

• Golden State of Mind

6 years seems a little looong

• Mischievous Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    You have to remember, the 2nd and 3rd movies came out one year after another so of course everyone got a little sick of Pirate mania. I honestly would love to see a 4th film but only if they have a great script and they give us at least 6 years between the 3rd & 4th films.
    That might not be too far off the mark. Still, I'd say 3-4 years.

Let's say they write it . 6-8 months
    Then the pre-production, that could take another 4-6 months.

By this time I'll bet the principles will loose a lot of the steam this trilogy is credited with elevating their careers with. Yes, even Bloom.

They shoot it all in 6 months and have a release date of Memorial Day 2010. By this date I think even the most casual PotC movie buff will be interested in an addition installment.

Maybe!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
    That might not be too far off the mark. Still, I'd say 3-4 years.

Let's say they write it . 6-8 months
    Then the pre-production, that could take another 4-6 months.

By this time I'll bet the principles will loose a lot of the steam this trilogy is credited with elevating their careers with. Yes, even Bloom.

They shoot it all in 6 months and have a release date of Memorial Day 2010. By this date I think even the most casual PotC movie buff will be interested in an addition installment.

Maybe!
    That's true. Okay, 3-4 years it is!

Yeah, I'd say by 2010, or even 2011, we'll most likely hear about it.
    Last edited by Mr. Yeti; 12-02-2007 at 05:51 PM.

• Golden State of Mind

this doesnt really make sense to me if there was going to be a 4th POTC and we knew about it, it wouldnt be in a few years it would be soon. Not like Indy 4 or the other series that are coming back ( Terminator, Jurassic Park, The Mummy, Die Hard) those were all considered done. Now they are just trying to relive the glory days with those movies, and its a great idea to be bringing them back, but i just dont think they said ok were done with this series we'll pick it up in about 10 years?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Mr. Lutz suggested back during the premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End that the studio is also interested in Pirates of the Caribbean 5 and Pirates of the Caribbean 6.

• Sailing Away

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Yeti View Post
    Yeah, I'd say by 2010, or even 2011, we'll mostl likely hear about it.
    This seems so far away, but I'd rather see them put the time into it and make it worth the wait than rush it.
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast