Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Infinitized!

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean "4"?

Quote Originally Posted by Master Gracie View Post
    this doesnt really make sense to me if there was going to be a 4th POTC and we knew about it, it wouldnt be in a few years it would be soon. Not like Indy 4 or the other series that are coming back ( Terminator, Jurassic Park, The Mummy, Die Hard) those were all considered done. Now they are just trying to relive the glory days with those movies, and its a great idea to be bringing them back, but i just dont think they said ok were done with this series we'll pick it up in about 10 years?
    Don't forget Rocky and Rambo.

• Making my own Mousekteers

Well, with a writer's strike going on scripts are going to be a little long in coming. Then you have to coordinate the talent's schedules and the director and producer.... etc. Then actual production and post production could take as much as a year. 6 years might be realistic... but sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Queentitania19 View Post
    Well, with a writer's strike going on scripts are going to be a little long in coming. Then you have to coordinate the talent's schedules and the director and producer.... etc. Then actual production and post production could take as much as a year. 6 years might be realistic... but sad.
    I don't think it would take that long.

Once the writers strike is over, they go right back to writing. And then there is always the option for Disney to use peoplenot part of the Writing Guild.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by sealsm View Post
    This seems so far away, but I'd rather see them put the time into it and make it worth the wait than rush it.
    You think 2010 and 2011 is far away? You do know that in a month from now, we will be in 2008. That would only be 2-3 years away from those years. And 2-3 years will fly by soooo quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Yeti View Post
    I don't think it would take that long.

Once the writers strike is over, they go right back to writing. And then there is always the option for Disney to use peoplenot part of the Writing Guild.
    If anyone crosses the picket line and writes for any studio under any condition they will be denied membership to the WGA for ever. Since that is really the only way to get a pension, benefits or any kind of decent job in Hollywood... I don't think any intelligent writer would do it. Also it's part of most negotiations between studios and the guild that the vast majority of the their scripts HAVE to be union worker's.

Quote Originally Posted by Queentitania19 View Post
    If anyone crosses the picket line and writes for any studio under any condition they will be denied membership to the WGA for ever. Since that is really the only way to get a pension, benefits or any kind of decent job in Hollywood... I don't think any intelligent writer would do it. Also it's part of most negotiations between studios and the guild that the vast majority of the their scripts HAVE to be union worker's.
    If a person doesn't want to be part of the union they don't have to.

Just look at George Lucas.

George Lucas is a billionaire. Most people who want to be writers are not. He basicly mortgaged his underwear and everything else he owned to finance Star Wars and if you recall that paid him back times like a billion. If someone else thinks they can do it, then yes, go ahead and cross the picket line. But they are risking their careers if they can't.

Here's director Gore's Verbinski on Pirates 4 in an interview:

Q: Are you planning on doing a 4th part?
    A: I think the trilogy is now complete. All of the stories set in motion by the first film have been resolved. If there ever were another Pirates of the Caribbean film, I would start fresh and focus on the further adventures of Captain Jack Sparrow.
    http://dvd.monstersandcritics.com/fe...le_1374396.php

Well, that's a relief. Unless Disney decides they don't care what he wants and that he can either direct the movie they want to make or they'll find another director. I kind of hope they don't do that though. I've really enjoyed Verbinski's vision for these movies.

• Mischievous Mouse

But the ending of PotC 3 is definately left open... we can agree, it's an obvious "attempt" to lead you into believing it will continue.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Heck yes it did. There is a wealth of material to pick up and move on from. They never have to touch an old story line if they don't want to. Honestly if it can be done without Elizabeth I'd even prefer it that way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123