• Still lost in Neverland

Post The Harry Potter Museum

There is a museum on the Warners Lot that has a museum in it. On the first floor there are props and costumes from WB TV shows and some movies. There are many different shows on display down here. There is a staircase leading to the second level. On the staircase is a street sign that reads "Privit Drive". An owl sits on top of the sign.

Upstairs is the Harry Potter Display. It takes up the entire floor. They have things like the Dursley's Fireplace with all the invitations coming out of it, fastened in place to look like the are flying out. There are costumes from Harry (regular clothes and Quiditch Uniform), Ron, Hermonie, Mr. & Mrs. Weasley, Voldemort, Hagrid, Lockheart, Lupin, Dumbldore, Lucius Malfoy and Quirrel. Harry's Cupboard under the stairs that you can look into. Hermonie's wax figure used to show her as frozen by the Basilisk, lying in the Hospital Bed, so lifelike you expect her to wake up and move.

A Dementor Maquette hanging from the ceiling. A glass case with the Marauders Map inside. The Time Turner in another case. Harry's wand and other small things in other cases. All the candy in the correct containers and all the bottled drinks you can imagine. Signs, and so much more.

I wish they would have allowed pictures, but you can't touch or take pictures. In the middle of the room is the sorting stool and on top is the sorting hat. If you ask, they will remove the hat, have you sit on the stool and then place the hat over your head. It will immediately begin to talk and "sort" you into a house. I got Slytherin right off the bat. I guess my dark side was showing that day. You cannot retake the sorting ritual as that is not fair.

The museum is not open to the public, only to WB employees, their family and friends. A new employee where I work is a big HP fan, found out I was too and asked his wife, who works at WB is she could get me in. She did while I was on vacation last week. It was a most magical experience.

These are all the actual costumes and props used in all four movies. There is some wonderful stuff on display. Sirius Black's Black Dog is huge. Also the Weasley Clock from the Burrow is there. I know there are things I can't remember, there is so much on display. I wish I could have taken pictures to show you all. It was so cool.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Re: The Harry Potter Museum

wow! that is so cool! too bad it's not open to the public, though
    <o>

• My cuties!

How cool!!

• Banned User

Any WB employees wanting to let in about say about.. 70 of their closest friends/family.. (mice chat is your extended family..) lol.. I would love to see this..

• Still lost in Neverland

I can see why they are not letting the public into this exhibit. Even though the room is large, it is crowded with displays and you can get fairly close. Keeping the groups small and invited is preventing people from trying to touch everything and take what they can. We have seen what happens to things at Disneyland when the General Public gets too close. A small group can ruin it for everyone. There is just too much stuff here that can be broken or stolen. They have 5 security guards downstairs and all cameras and cell phones have to checked in at the counter. Upstairs there are three more guards just for the HP stuff. It is a shame, but they do take VIP groups around. The tours are small and informal and only a few are allowed in at a time so it's easy to keep an eye on them. Here is the link to information about the tours:

http://www2.warnerbros.com/vipstudiotour/

The site is heavy on graphics and be sure to click on the video tour star in the upper right hand corner. It shows a couple of veiws of the Harry Potter display and you can inquire and get tickets for the tour here.
    They take small groups of people around on extended golf cart type things and the museum is on the tour. I don't know how long they give each group. Since I was not with a group, I could stay and oogle as long as it took. Even the lady that got me in had to go back to work, so I was on my own. I really wish I could have taken pictures to be able to share at least the pictures with everyone.
    Last edited by Lost Boy; 07-24-2005 at 10:05 PM.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Original Mice-Chatter

Oh- so we could go see it for the right price. I will have to remember that.
    Thanks

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Ocassionally they will open it to small groups who pay a fee to get in but don't take the VIP tour.

You can stay in the museum as long as you wish after the tour. (The museum is the last stop) However, like Lost Boy says, no cameras and no touching! And I agree that being sorted is the coolest thing about it all.

The VIP tour is worth the money alone. It's very long and detailed, and you visit actual outside and inside sets. If you go while they're filming, you might even see actors. Highly recommended!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Dang, Ah_Schucks used to work for the WB..... Ah, to be well connected
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Original Mice-Chatter

VIP is only 39
    Deluxe is 125

I would pay 39 to see the Harry Potter stuff- do they change the exhibits? I mean, I would hate to miss this!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

I think the HP stuff will be there for awhile... I think they'd rather have it on display thean sitting in a warehouse, you know? But I'd double check before you go.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...