West Coast Cruise Tips?

We're leaving on the West Coast Cruise this Saturday. We have 12 adults and 2 kids (under 3) going.
    Does anyone have any last minute tips? (Other than don't drink the water.)

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Re: West Coast Cruise Tips?

I did the June 4th-11th cruise. I'll have some time tomorrow (Monday) to tell you more about it.

Feel free to ask me any specifics you'd like to know!

Reservations for Palo: Where & when did they take them, How easy to get the time you wanted?

I'll think of more questions as the week goes on.

Thanks for your input.

Palo: It's best to book online! I believe you still can. (We booked ours online for Friday evening.) Also, be sure to book for later in the week so you won't miss one of the really cool shows or the "Pirates in the Caribbean" themed night.

I know you didn't ask, but another good thing to keep in mind:

Shore Excursions: Don't book any of the "beach" excursions for Cabo. It's a waste of money, because the beach is only a 10-15 minute walk from the docks, with shops and restaurants along the way. Also, there are numerous vendor kiosks offering things like glass-bottom boat tours, parasailing, etc., at a fraction of the excursion costs. The sail & snorkeling excursions are well worth the money, however.

• Hiding from the Sheeple

I was on the July 2, 2005 cruise and had a wonderful time.

I agree with the above post. Save your money on the Cabo excursions and just spend a day at the beach. We went on a horrible "exclusive hotel" excursion and were treated like second class citizens confined to a small section of beach. We left and asked for our money back. The rest of the day was spent at the beach and renting a jet ski. Lots of fun for all...

Palo is best done by booking online. In all honesty, maybe I am spoiled, but I was not that impressed with Palo. It is good food, but nothing that I would bend over backwards to get to. It has some strange reputation much like Club 33 as someplace exclusive but yet has fair service and passable food quality. My advice, do it once and be done with it.

Be sure to catch some of the shows... Twice Charmed, Golden Mickey's and the rest are wonderful.

Interact with the crew. I had a great time talking to cast members about where they are from and the stories they have of life on the ship.

Enjoy the bars such as Rockin' Bar D... had lots of adult fun after 9:00 PM

Thanks for the advice on Palo, unfortunately its been book for a couple weeks. I just check right now and they had a table for 4 available, but it was for the first night of the cruise.

Question about the food in the restaurants, some people in our group want to know if one of the restaurants serves lobster one night of the cruise. They want to make sure they don't miss "lobster night". lol

How about the beach excursions in Mazatlan. Same waste of money???

• Still wants to be a cat!

Lobster night is Thursday night in all of the restaurants, including Palo's.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Quote Originally Posted by ImTooExcitedToSleep
    Thanks for the advice on Palo, unfortunately its been book for a couple weeks. I just check right now and they had a table for 4 available, but it was for the first night of the cruise.

Question about the food in the restaurants, some people in our group want to know if one of the restaurants serves lobster one night of the cruise. They want to make sure they don't miss "lobster night". lol

How about the beach excursions in Mazatlan. Same waste of money???

Thursday was lobster night and I ate four of them... I even took a few back to the room with me. We were in Palo that night as it was semi-formal night.

Mazatlan, we did the Tequila, Saddles and Huaraches. I really enjoyed this tour. You go to a small tequilla factory and then onto a little village. Here you can have a belt made, a saddle or even the huaraches (sandles). At the end of the tour you get a mexican lunch. It was well worth the money and a fun day. We spend the few hours after the tour with a cab driver buying merchandise in town. A fun place to visit and I would recommend the excursions they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneynut
    Thursday was lobster night and I ate four of them... I even took a few back to the room with me. We were in Palo that night as it was semi-formal night.
    In college I went on a Carnival cruise with some sorority sisters. On lobster night, we all ordered lobsters and then even ordered seconds. The server looked shocked like we were the first people in cruise history to order a second lobster tail. I thought we committed a faux pas or something. Maybe he was just shocked we ALL ordered seconds plus we were fairly young. I wouldn't recommend Carnival though.

Quote Originally Posted by millionairegirl
    In college I went on a Carnival cruise with some sorority sisters. On lobster night, we all ordered lobsters and then even ordered seconds. The server looked shocked like we were the first people in cruise history to order a second lobster tail. I thought we committed a faux pas or something. Maybe he was just shocked we ALL ordered seconds plus we were fairly young. I wouldn't recommend Carnival though.

How funny... I had so much fun on this trip. I had the Roy Disney Suite as well and the concierge team did everything they could to make us happy. We actually ordered additional lobster tails from room service. Gotta love that lobster!

Well, I think we're all packed and ready to go.
    I would go to bed but...
    I'm Too Excited To Sleep.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Bon Voyage!!!

Actually, at the time I'm writing this, you should be just about to go through the lifeboat drill. Aren't those orange vests just fashionable???