• Having a Grand Day!

DisneyToon Disaster

I have officialy lost all faith I once held in the Walt Disney Company.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/film/that...143838088.html

***************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *******************************!

• Having a Grand Day!

Re: DisneyToon Disaster

Calmed down a bit now:

http://www.whackyourboss.com (Picture the Boss as Iger, the CFO who probably made this decision.)

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/artic...le.php?ID=1569 (I still think animation is as good as dead while they still continue to farm out the animation.)

DisneyToon Australia... I'll miss being able to brag about you.

• keep moving forward...

Mr. crane i hope you are not offended by this but... ... think about it... all of those less then great sequels will be things of the past now... i'd say this is a great step in the right direction for the company.

• keep moving forward...

whoah... i guess i didint really think about it... disney toon studios was the last of the traditional hand drawn animation... wow... excuse me while i yell some colorful words, and bang my head into the wall

• Having a Grand Day!

Oh no, the sequels aren't going to stop. They are being farmed out to other studios. Disney have totally killed any chances of another animation renaissance. They are saying "animation is dead" by pulling totaly out of the buisness themselves, instead opting to lessen 'risk' by producing the films at cheaper, low quality studios.

• I was deleted.

Bring back Feature Film Animation to Burbank, Orlando, Paris and Tokyo please! That is what I would really like.

Now as far as the end of DisneyToon Studios... these are the ones that make the Winnie the Pooh films and yes, many of the sequels. So closing this could be quite interesting. Maybe this could imply Iger is going to take a stronger direction with animation again? Please?

• Having a Grand Day!

A lot of you are not reading this properly...

'DisneyToon' is not over. THE SEQUELS WILL CONTINUE! They are outsourcing to places like ToonCity and Cookoo's Nest Studios. I have back to back episodes of Goof Troop, one animated by Cooko's Nest and the other by Sydney. Guess which one was better (even for Goof Troop!)

However, Disney are declaring that doing animation in house, with quality animation is just 'unprofitable'. They dont care about Quality, they care about cash.

The Three Musketeers was a great film - Sydney poured their heart and soul into the making of that film.

Sydney was part of the Feature Animation Group before the rest got shut down... It was below the American studio's in quality, but higher than Paris or Tokyo. When the rest got shut down.

And as Jim Hill has said in the article I posted, it's a shame your Dismissing the Sydney studio as rubish. The animation is miles ahead of other studios, and it's not like they are the people making the decsions as to what film they are assigned to next.

I'm so pissed off I'm lost for words. The Walt Disney Co have reached the last straw in my books.

ROY WHY DID YOU HAVE TO CLOSE DOWN THE ONE PLACE I REALLY FEEL LIKE VENTING AT RIGHT NOW? Dam, the one time when I want to write a letter to the editor at SaveDisney...

AARRRGGHHH!

• Banned User

Wait.. outsource the disney sequils?? I can understand TV shows.. (who is doing emper??)

(strange Buena Vista helped do amazing race.. must be a money thing??)

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    (must be a money thing??)
    Sorry if this comes out blunt.

Duh. They want to save $50 Mill a year (which is not very much)

• Having a Grand Day!

The people over at Ultimate Disney are allready talking about sequels only in CGI. I guess they dont read or listen.

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/...ic.php?t=10322

•   
    • Minion

Well, I think we all could read the writing on the wall here... It is probably for the better, as management doesn't know how to deal with artists anyway...

Disney sold it's soul under Eisner, and has become a content distribution company...

I don't know if hand drawn animation will EVER return to the Disney ran studio...
    Check out my other blog:

• Banned User

maybe this will get reversed in a year?? once Iger sees people like tradtional animation... made in-house.... and you took that out of context with my quote... you forgot the first half of what i said...